Chapter 11 (Under Construction)

The School's Heartbreaker Lives With Me? (Under Construction)

HWA-YOUNG

 SHINee and my friends were eating lunch together at school one day when a freshman girl who I didn't know came up to me.

    "Hwa-Young unnie, Mrs.Jung (school principal) would like to see you in her office immideately."

  I was slightly nervous, was I in trouble? I walked down to the office and knocked. Mrs.Jung opened the door.

"Please sit down Ms.Ahn" she said "I have some very good news for you!" I relaxed, I wasn't in trouble. "Congratulations, you have just been won the Annual Seoul Teen Art Prize!" I gasped.

   "Really?!" I asked.

 "Really! The awards show will be held at the Seoul Teen Awards, on Sunday at 11:30. Please be there at 10:00 to practice the ceremony. That is all. Good day" I ran back to the lunch room.

    "Guys I just won the Annual Seoul Teen Prize for Art!" I announced to my friends.

 "Oh my gosh, congratulations!" Mi-Ok and Hae-Won glomped me, and I hugged the guys.

      "I'm hoping we all have an invite to the awards show?" Jonghyun asked while Minho laughed.

   "He's only saying that because he likes the host of the show, that tall girl, whats-her-face" Minho whispered to Mi-Ok while she pouted.

"Of course you guys have an invite!"

That Sunday, I dressed in a geometric print dress with matching high heels at went to the the place where they would give out the awards with Mr. and Mrs. Kim. at 9:30, because I was supposed to come early with an adult. Key and my friends would come later, when the show would start.

KEY POV

   I woke up at 9:45 to find that nobody was in the house. Oh yeah, I thought They're at the awards show I still had a long time left before the show started so I went back to bed.

HWA-YOUNG POV

     It was 11:25, the show was about to start.

"Where's Key?" Jonghyun said.

   "He's just probably late!" I said, my voice quavering slightly.

  I watched as the Teen Literature Prize, The Teen Sports Prize, The Teen Academics Prize and even The Teen Culinary Prize become awarded to other students and Key still wasn't there. When they finally called my name, I walked up to the stage and while I accepted my award, I had a faint glimmer of hope that Key came in just as I was walking to the stage, that he didn't miss it after all.

       But when I returned back to my friends, I found that I was wrong. I quietly said I was going to the bathroom to them, and when I reached there, I sat down on the cold, probably germy floor and started crying near the sink. I didn't even know why I was crying, I mean if Minho or Jonghyun didn't show up I wouldn't be crying...and Key wasn't even my best friend, Mi-Ok and Hae-Won were, and they came...but I was sad, I wanted him to come.

  After I stopped crying, I reapplied my makeup and went back to the show.

KEY POV

   I was woken up by the sound of my bedroom door being open. Hwa-Young was standing there, in a dress and heels, with a heart-broken look on her face. I was slightly confused, because I just woke up.

"Oh, hi Hwa-Young, why are you in a dress?" I said groggilly, before I remembered what I forgot "Oh no...I didn't....Damn it..."

     "I can't believe that you missed my awards ceremony because you were sleeping!" she cried "I can't believe, you, this was really important to me!" I got out of bed.

   "Look, I'm really-" I started to apoligize, but Hwa-young stormed out of the room, and a few moments later, I heard the front door slam shut. I sat back down. I really messed up this time...I needed to apoligize to her someway...

HWA-YOUNG

   I took a walk to calm down and I barely noticed that it was raining. After thirty minutes of tramping around like a crazy person, muttering angrily to myself while in my 2nd best dress, I went home.

 I walked up to stairs to my room, and I noticed a bouquet of red roses on my desk, that were just like the ones in my painting. I went to go smell them, when I heard a voice behind me.

    "I'm really sorry," I heard, i turned around and Key was there, leaning against my doorway. "I know it was really important to you" He held his arms out, inviting me for a hug. I hugged him, a nice long hug. Skinship between us was very...natural.

 I broke apart.

      "You babo," I said pretend-mad, gently hitting him on the head. He laughed.

    "Let's go to Orchid, the dinner tickets will expire soon" he said, and took out the two tickets we won at the amusement park a month or so ago.

 "Now? Okay, let me just go change, I'm a little wet from the rain"

    I closed the door on him and looked for my favorite dress. I was excited. Key and I would be going to one of the most fanciest restaurant in Seoul together...