Chapter 1

The School's Heartbreaker Lives With Me? (Under Construction)

 KEY POV:

I remember the day when I first met Ahn Hwa-Young. It was almost exactly a year ago, when our junior year had started, on the first week of school. My friends and I were running away from this rather crazy girl who was chasing us down the school hallways.

"OPPAS! PLEASE LOVE ME! I LOVE YOU!" she screamed as she chased me, and my friends Minho, Jonghyun, Onew and Taemin.

The five of us reached a dead end. By the sound of her footsteps, the girl would be turning the corner and finding us at any minute.

"Come on, come on!" Jonghyun frantically shouted as he tried in vain to open the various classroom doors, most of which were locked. "We need a place to hide!"

Suddenly, the classroom door that Jonghyun was wringing the doorknob of opened. A short brunette was behind one of the doors in an otherwise empty classroom, sitting on a desk and doing what looked like to be her homework.

"What the hell?" she looked up and found the five of us scrambling around the room, diving under desks and looking for hiding places. "Oh, I know you! You're those popular guys, uh what do you call yourself again-um...Sa...sho....si..."

"SHINee. We're SHINee." Taemin panted as he  wedged himself inside the supply closet. "And we'd love to talk more, but there's this girl, and she's chasing us, and-" he was broken off by a crazed scream of "OPPAS YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!"

Suddenly Hwa-Young understood. "Don't worry, I'll take care of this." She strolled out of the classroom. I could hear her speaking with the crazy girl outside.

"Hey, what's with the screaming? I'm trying to study."

"I'm looking for my oppas!" squealed our rabid fan.

"Oh you mean those five popular guys? Yeah, they went that way, near the library."

"Thanks! I WILL FIND YOU OPPA DEUL!" screamed Mrs. Crazypants, and I could hear her footsteps clatter off.

A moment later, Hwa-Young entered the room. "You can come out now, she's gone."

My friends and I crawled out of our hiding places.

"Wow, thank you for covering for us, noona!" Taemin bowed formally, a full 90 degrees. The girl giggled. "It's my pleasure."

My friends shuffled out of their classrooms, one by one, each thanking her.

I was the last to leave. I looked our mystery savior in the eye.

"Thanks for doing that, that was really cool of you."

"Anytime for the boys of Shonee, right?" the girl smiled.

"SHINee." I corrected her. "Spelt with two e's."

"Well alright then, goodbye 'SHINee spelt with two e's'!"

And then she closed the door. And at the moment, I knew that I fell for this mystery girl.

"Hey Key! Key! KEY!"

"Huh-what?" I snapped out of my reminiscing to find my friends staring at me. It was lunch, and we were sitting at our usual lunch table.

"What's up? You're completely out of it." commented Minho.

"Oh...it's nothing, I was just thinking of..." I trailed off at that moment, because Hwa-Young had just entered the cafeteria with a few of her friends.

Jonghyun followed my gaze.

"Thinking of Hwa-Young, eh?" he grinned.

"Look, Key." Onew sighed. "I get it, you know, she's nice looking and all, but you have got to stop with this crush on her! I mean, the only time you have ever spoken to her was LAST YEAR, and that was when you first met her!"

"Not true!" I protested. "I asked her to borrow a pencil during math yesterday!"

"Okay, but have you ever had an actual conversation with her that didn't involve writing utensils?" rang in Minho.

"Um...no. But look, I still know a bit about her! Like the fact that she's artistic! And I overheard her friends talking about Super Junior during Science!" I protested.

"Hyung, you didn't even know her name until the teacher asked her a question during English!" Taemin argued.

I sighed.

"Okay, yes, I barely know her. But what's the point of saying all this?"

"What we're saying, Key, is that you've got to get to know her, actually learn about her." Jonghyun gently said.it

I looked around at my friend's eager faces.

"Okay." I nodded. "I'll do it."