Ahhop

aegis

I have updated this chapter, adding some more to the earlier parts. 

Please enticipate as things will definitely get heated up. 

And don't forget to read the next chapter. 

*rawr*


 

Jjaebal.. We really want you there,” Leeteuk made the sweetest expression he could on his face.

It has been a month since Mi Ra started working as a maid for the guys. The graduation ceremony was already around the corner. What was clouding her mind was the fact that the pay she received from working as a maid wasn’t enough to cover the expense of the remaining tuition fees.

She had forgotten to include paying for the rent of their house, her grandmother’s prescribed medication, as well as Sehun’s milk and other necessity.  And here.. Leeteuk was inviting-- no, insisting that she was to join them for a getaway to the hometown of Donghae, far south in Mokpo.

Leeteuk whined all day about treating this as a thank you gift from them all for willing to work for them due to the fact that she will be stopping soon. Mi Ra realized that she had become closer to the guys, well—except for one.

Pitying the overly persistent Leeteuk, she finally stopped wiping the kitchen counters and stood straight in front of him. Hopeful eyes were sparkling in front of her as Leeteuk knew the soft-hearted Kim Mi Ra would definitely give in.

“Alright sunbae.. I’ll appreciate this ‘gift’ well,” she flashed a smile to him as the elder threw a fist into the air and mouthed a ‘yes!’.

“Don’t worry about being the only girl as I have told Kyuhyun to bring Sora along,” he winked, partially because he was happy his ‘bias’ was joining them and partially because he thought Mi Ra would be relieved by that.

Dang. This immediately made her remember of all the things that had happened between her and Kyuhyun.

The day after that tragic moment when Kyuhyun left her like she was a worthless piece of , it was as if they were total strangers. As if they had never known each other. As if they didn’t have any memories together. There was no talking. No sudden eye contact. No nothing.

Since that day, Mi Ra decided that she too has pride and begging for his attention was never on her to-do list. Although the cause of Kyuhyun’s behaviour was still puzzling her, she didn’t give it much thought. Treating her initial feelings only as a crush, she managed to shove them deep, sunken in her heart. She had a lot to think of, and she didn’t was to think about, what she feels, unnecessary stuff.

Going to Mokpo was originally Donghae’s brilliant idea. Cursing his busy schedule, he felt that he didn’t really had much chance to be with Mi Ra. It was always just some short talk when he gets back from work or right before he leaves for the night shifts in the evening as he would be sleeping in during the day. Whenever he offered to walk her home, she would always decline.

Every single day, he felt that Mi Ra was definitely the right one for him. Seeing her everyday was just wasn’t enough for him anymore. The accidental skinship whilst passing by her in the narrow kitchen or whenever she handed him a glass of water was making him crave for more.

He wanted her. He wanted to claim her. He wanted her to be his.

Thinking that a trip to Mokpo with the rest and her as well would be a great idea , he planned to just come clean with his feelings to her and confess how much he yearns her.

“Mi Ra.. can you please help me with something...?” whined an aegyo looking Ryeowook all of a sudden.

“Yah.. Can’t you do things by yourself? Aigoo why are you turning into a brat since Mi Ra is here, huh?” Leeteuk glared at him, jokingly.

Mi Ra just laughed at the two. “It’s alright sunbae.. I’ll definitely miss doing stuff for him once I stop working here. Ahhaha.. What is it, Wookie?” she smiled at Ryeowook, who she had become closer with.

Ryeowook ushered her to his room. Mi Ra could only thank her lucky stars that Kyuhyun wasn’t in the room at that moment, for he had forbidden her from entering the room ever since day one. She wasn’t sure why, but she respected that nonetheless.

“Please help me clean this.. Please..” he begged her while his fingers were pointing to a large bowl with a fish in it. Mi Ra gasped as she immediately recognized the fish. It was the obnoxious Oranda goldfish from the pet store.

Wait a minute. Wookie bought this fish? Well.. Maybe he thought he was cute too.  She shrugged to herself as she picked up the big bowl with her two hands and observed it. It was dirty alright.

“I have no idea when was the last time Kyuhyun had that poor fish’s water changed,” he stated.

“Kyuhyun?” she looked at Ryeowook with her widen eyes. “You mean this is Kyuhyun’s fish?” she lifted the bowl a bit higher as she was trying to make things clear.

Gurae.. Even I don’t know since when he started to like fish. But he was taking really good care of it for a week, I guess.. Then he just started to abandon it. Poor guy,” he tapped the bowl softly as he explained. “Please help me clean it,” he flashed his white pearly teeth as he smiled. “I can’t stand looking at the dirty bowl.”

“But..” she suddenly thought about Kyuhyun and how he was just disgusted about everything Mi Ra does, well.. Or at least she thought so.”I’m sure he won’t like it if I touch his belongings. He won’t even let me be in here, what more handling his stuff..” she said as he eyes got kind of sad and Ryeowook realized this.

“It’s ok.. I’ll take the blame if he does get angry finding it out, neh?”

***

Mi Ra handled the fish well. She was still very much amused by the looks of that Oranda goldfish as she was back in the pet store with Kyuhyun. This made her heart felt heavy, thinking of the days when Kyuhyun actually made her feel special and happy.

Unknowingly, and uncontrollable, her inner voice echoed within herself ‘I miss you, Cho Kyuhyun..’ . And just as if she had summoned his name, he came in through the main door, only to be surprised and finally, after a few weeks, they shared a gaze, like they have not met for hundreds of years.

Mi Ra saw Kyuhyun lowering his gaze and probably was eyeing the bog bowl. Before she could say anything..

“What the fu## are you doing with that? Were you in my room?! The fu## were you doing in my room?!” he shouted, making Ryeowook scram out from the room into the kitchen to witness an erupting volcano and a gushing waterfall.

Tears were streaming from Mi Ra’s soft eyes, as she just stood there, looking down to the floor. 

“I told you not-“  Kyuhyun didn’t get to finish when Mi Ra rushed passed him and grabbed her bag by the door, with her apron still on. The door slammed shut.

Kyuhyun looked towards Ryeowook, who was now folding his arms and had a disappointed look on his face.  “What?” he asked him. “She knew she wasn’t supposed to go into our room. I don’t need her to clean up after me,” he explained himself after feeling the need to.

“I told her to. Me,” Ryeowook pointed to himself. “What’s so wrong about asking her to change the water? You were obviously not doing it,” he trailed Kyuhyun who was walking into their room with the bowl of fish in his hands, probably wanting to avoid from listening to the truth. “Honestly, Kyuhyun,” he shut the door close behind them, not wanting others to hear. “I thought you had feelings for Mi Ra?” he hissed. “This wasn’t how you treated her when I saw you two in that restaurant after our finals. I could see how much you cared for her.”

Kyuhyun carefully placed the fish bowl back to its original place. He ran his fingers through his hair in an attempt to contain what was about to stir in him and then finally faced his roommate.

“I still do, Wookie. I still care for her. I still have feelings for her. I don’t know why..” quietly sitting on his bed, he looked confused.

“What?! Then what was that just now? Why were you treating her like that?! I don’t get this,” Ryeowook folded his arms again, waiting for a reply from him.

“I want to make myself hate her. I want her to hate me-- So that Hae can get his rolling for her. So that I can move on. So that I can forget her. But I can’t! I fu##ing can’t!,” he punched his fist into the wall beside him.

Didn’t that hurt? Ryeowook asked himself. Ouch. Kyuhyunnie must be really hurt inside to not feel hurt physically. 

“I care for her, Wookie..” Ryeowook could hear the hitch in his voice. He sat himself on Kyuhyun’s bed. “You know what I did? I went to our faculty’s office and settled her tuition fees, Wookie. I paid them with my own money,” he placed a hand on his chest. “ I sort of felt like she wasn’t earning enough and so-- I went to the office-- and begged them to disclose the amount she had to pay. It wasn’t easy because those stuff were confidential. But I told them-- I was going to pay for her and they agreed.” He stopped and quickly flick the corners of his eyes.

“Kyu..” Ryeowook called him, feeling bad for his roommate who had been suffering with emotions alone.

“It was $14000. Freaking $14000! How was she even planning to pay that much with what she earned from working here?! She’ll never make it, Wookie.. She’ll never make it,” there was sympathy in his voice and Ryeowook swear he could feel how much Kyuhyun cares for this girl. “She was working all those part time jobs—folding people’s clothes, delivering chicken, stacking books in the library, wearing shabby stuff, and god knows how her family is!” Kyuhyun couldn’t control himself anymore.  “Why do I care so much for her? Why?! Why do I still care? It’s not like she even likes me! Fu##!!  Why am I protecting her, Wookie? And after all the I did to her, after how I treated her, why do I still feel like-- I love her? It’s so hard.. I hate myself for treating her like that. I’m so fu##ed up I hate myself!”

He finally stopped and rolled into his duvet, covering himself up. Ryeowook got up and left him to be by himself. He never thought of Kyuhyun to be such a sensitive person. Everybody sees Kyuhyun as this cool, laissez-faire kind of person. He never really revealed the emotional side of him, burying it all within himself.