Seumulnet

aegis
This chapter has been edited on 1st of April, 2014.

no, this ain't April fool.

 

 

You guys choose to read from the start

Or from the second half.

ThanKYU~♡

 


“You guys..”

 

A voice croaked and disturbs the moment happening.

 

No, they weren’t hugging. They weren’t savouring kisses. And most definitely weren’t having a ual moment--though both of them would very much love to have a taste of the lips of the other one, which they missed the opportunity to do so, when they were in a relationship. But the amount of curse and words building up in Kyuhyun were bubbling, the moment he heard Sora’s voice slipping in between him and Mira.

 

He pouted a little before turning sideways to look at the female. Mira caught the look on his face, and held in a giggle. She thought that her ex boyfriend just cannot get any cuter than that whenever he acts childish. Yes, she admits to his godly looks—with his height, the body, the hair, the everything. But she wasn’t the kind to succumb to man just by the looks.

 

For her, there are things a man needs to possess, before getting it down to business with her—such as, understanding her past, understanding her future, and all in between. Secretly, she wished Kyuhyun to possess those.

 

She wants it to be him. However unsure she is, she still hopes that it will be Kyuhyun, who will understand all the complicated stuff surrounding her life. Time will tell, she thought to herself.

 

 

 

Nonetheless, composure and a speck of professionalism settled in of Kyuhyun—the perfect namja in the making. He cleared his throat.

 

“What is it, Sora?” he calmly asked the one who now has her eyes set on Kyuhyun’s...hand. And where do you think Kyuhyun’s hands were? By his side, securely holding onto another’s—Kim Mira’s. “What is it?” he asked again when Sora zoned out, not answering his question.

 

 

 

Uhh.. it’s—it’s—Hae sunbaenim. He told us all to meet him in waiting room—now,” she bit her lips, before turning around and left them, without a smile.

 

Mira noticed the tone of irritation in Sora voice.

 

 

Feeling a wiggling hand in his grasp, Kyuhyun looked at it and realized that he had been holding onto Mira’s hands a bit too hard, and a bit too long. He finally let her hand go, to which she helped herself by snatching it away and pretended like it hurts so bad—the bit of drama queen in her, which happened to the best of us.

 

"Stay?" his brows arched, purposely making that sad puppy look--intending to kill whatever esteem Mira has left in her, uttering perhaps the most beautiful word of the English language, alongside that staggering look on his face. What a combo, Cho Kyuhyun!

 

“We should go now. I don’t want sunbae to start getting weird ideas—umm.. about us being late—together,” she mumbled as she begin to move towards the door, leaving the male behind.

 

 

 

Nonchalantly, he observed her figure walking away from him, and a deep sigh left him, as he shoved his hands through his glorious hair and ended inside of his pockets.

She still hasn’t open up to me completely—it seems. What do I have to do? Wasn’t it clear enough that I told her I didn’t care if she has a son? I mean—how many guys she knows can accept that? Why the heck is she still distancing herself from me.. Mira..

 

 

 

Lost in thoughts, the troubled Kyuhyun still managed to make his way to the waiting room, where he made a grand entrance—for being late, which earned an icy cold death glare from Donghae.

 

 

 

 

“Alright, listen up. There have been some changes in your schedule. We have to cut the orientation week short,” Donghae begin to explain, as he observed some relieved faces, while some others have confusion written all over them. He smirked, before continuing, “The directors want you all to start working as soon as possible, because we’re short of staff and the number of cases has increased. Do you see what’s going on here?”

 

 

Ne, paksa-nim!” a unanimous reply from all of them. They understood that the hospital needs them to fill in where needed.

 

In the middle of assigning the doctors to their new posts, Donghae answered his buzzing phone with a gasp. “,” his eyes gazed around the room, before he decided, “Changmin, Sora, Mira, Kyuhyun. Follow me—now. Ppali!”

 

 

The four of them exchanged shrugs and puzzled looks. They soon find themselves arriving into the halls of ER. Donghae had led them to a corner of the room, to a man—blood was coming out from his mouth and nose and he was having a seizure.

 

“Quick! You know what to do!” Donghae instructed them. Well, they were trained for this in university, but dealing with this situation for the first time made them scared and unprepared. Except for one, of course.

 

 

The son of Cho.

 

 

Kyuhyun quickly grabbed onto the thing you use to jolt a patient with current to stop the seizure. Just like he had done it a million times, the male calmly charged the device, telling the nurses to crank the thing to the right voltage and placed it onto the patient’s chest.

“Charge,” he said, and baam

 

 

The beeping sound on the heart beat monitor changed to a calmer tone, as the male patient stopped from his seizure attack.

 

“Good work, Kyuhyun ah. Welcome to the ER,” he left them with a smirk and the realization that the four of them were now assigned to the Emergency Room.

 

 

 

The others—Mira, Sora, and Changmin went near Kyuhyun, as they started to congratulate him, for being the first one to man-up and react.

 

However, everything changed—the mood, the atmosphere, when the nurse started to clean up the patients face from his own blood.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widen, in shock and horror.

 

 

 

“W—Wookie?!”

 

***

 

“What are you doing here, woman?”

 

 

..was the first thing Ryeowook muttered as soon as he opened his eyes. The unfortunate idol was moved into a special care ward. It seemed like he has to be kept under supervision.

“Shut it and don’t get up,” Sora answered him, pushing him to stop him from getting up. They never stop bickering, even after Ryeowook just woke up from a long slumber after that incident in the ER.

 

Eyy yo bro..” he hollered, as soon as his eyes shifted to see his two best mates—with concerned look plastered on their faces. One was noticeably more concerned than the other, perhaps even a hint of anger.

 

Mira, who was quietly standing at the further end of the room decided to say something—noticing the possible words that might spat out from the two other guys. She knows they are really worried about him.

Especially Kyuhyun. She couldn’t help noticing how quiet Kyuhyun became after recognising that it Ryeowook who was covered in blood, in that seizure attack he was in.

And she was worried about her ex-boyfriend too. She couldn’t recall ever a moment seeing him like so. It was different on that night they decided to break up. He looked worried, but at least he was talking as usual. But now, Kyuhyun was keeping his mouth as quiet as he could. And that got Mira worried.

So worried, she gave him light on his arm as she swiftly passed by him. Her pretty eyes looked up to him and Kyuhyun knew by that look she meant to ask ‘are you okay?’.  So, he gave her a smile, to make sure she knows that he was ok.

 

Liar..

He wasn’t one bit ok.

Yes. This is my dream job. I’m living my dreams. But treating my friend. Watching him in that situation. That—that—I’m not ready to see. And Wookie. Wookie.. why did you keep it all to yourself?

 

Mira passed by the two, Kyuhyun and Changmin, and went to the side of Ryeowook’s bed. On the other side was Sora, who of course didn’t fail to notice the light physical contact Mira gave Kyuhyun. That shameless .. she hissed inside. You just don’t know your place.

 

“Wookie..” Mira smiled at him. “How are you feeling now?” and she started to adjust the Intravenous (IV) drip, keeping the flow steady, giving him a sweet meaningful smile. She—felt horrible.

She felt awful having to write in that report of Ryeowook that he has epilepsy. He has been in that state for quite some time, and because of this, the rest of them felt bad, and sorry, and angry that he had never shared this with them. So you can totally imagine the feelings of the two other males, that their buddy was so selfish, he kept his illness to himself.

“Better now that I get to see you, and not this horrendous—ouchh!! Yahh!!”

Sora flicked his forehead, and the rest of them started to join in their usual teasing and bickering session. Well, at least they are all laughing together again, albeit the depressing and awkward atmosphere just now.

 

 

It was a while before Kyuhyun offered to get them some food from the cafe. As soon as the door closed, Mira got up and declared that she wants to go to the cafe too.

 

 

“Are they back together?”

“No!” Sora answered, like real quick, responding to Changmin’s inquiry. Changmin and Ryeowook gave her a look and continued talking, ignoring her.

 

****

 

 

“You know Wookie likes soups—chicken to be exact,” Mira chimed in the side of Kyuhyun, suggesting him to order soup for their sick friend. The sudden sound of her voice made him immediately turned around to the pleasant sight of her, beside him—with a grin on her face, making her eyes squint, partially closed. He raised a brow. Kyeo~

 

“What are you doing here?” he chuckled.

Don’t you want me here? Mira pouted slightly.

 

Actually, the girl had a plan of her own. She wanted to thank him, or show him, in a way, that she is thankful for his willingness to accept the fact that Sehun is her son. For some unknown reasons, she feels that she should thank him for voicing it out—that it didn’t matter to him. But Mira was kind of clueless as of how she should thank him.

 

Maybe I should just, be nice to him? Act as if nothing happened, just be cool. No, wait—I should totally get him something! What should I get him.. Or say..

Mwolla yeo~

 

 

 

 

Author’s note//

 

Soooo.. how do you want Mira to thank Kyuhyun?

Lemme know (~^∇^)~

Or you want some hot hot scenes . 

Ha!

 

 

#thankyou4reading&subscribingiloveyouallijustcant