Sureun Daseot

aegis

"Have you seen Dr Kim?"

"No, Dr Cho,"

 

The nurse shook her head. All of them shook their heads. Kyuhyun had asked all of the staff passing by the same question and none of them had seen her. He had tried calling her, but all his calls ended up in her voicemail.

 

"Hey.."

"What are you..doing here?" Kyuhyun asked the girl who had written all over her, Jimin. But yeah, seriously, what is she doing there? It's past office hour. Like, go home. Shoo.

 

"I was thinking.. oppa. If you could send me home?" she casually adjusted Kyuhyun's shirt collar--which was perfectly fine, really. Get your hands off him, Jimin.

Kyuhyun already had a lot onhis plate, wondering and waiting for Mira. He doesn't need to deal with this kind of from Jimin now.

He looked at her, from that close distance, as usual, wearing an expressionless face. "Go home, please. Not today,"

"But oppaaaa.." she whined excessively, and started to stretch a pout, as she sulked and looked away from him. Looking at that, Kyuhyun suddenly remembered his mom's warning.

Be nice to her. I don't want to hear complaints.

 

He grunted and adjusted Jimin's handbag which was nearly falling off her shoulder. "Next time. Ok?"

 

Yes! She fist-punched the air in her mind. A few more moments like this and you'll be all over me, oppa.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile..

 

Mira bit her lips. The girl wasn't aware about the fact that Kyuhyun might be looking for her. She was too occupied with many thoughts.

 

It was like she was beyond control. She felt that Soohyun was just being nice and earnestly wanted to help her—as a friend.

 

It was the look in his eyes. He was smiling (a lot) and kept on talking about this particular house he knew, just like a boy talking about a new game. Mira couldn't help but just feel happy that the stoned-face Soohyun was at least showing some kind of expression. 

 

 

 

 

“Here we are,” Soohyun said as he pulled the car by the roadside.

Mira peered near the window of the car to look up to the high raised building.

“An apartment?” she asked quietly, and as usual, mental-calculating the possible rent.

“A condominium,” Soohyun corrected her.

 

She turned to look back to Soohyun and told him that she appreciated his help, but this house won’t do. The rent must be as much as she earn.

 

Soohyun blew a blueberry.

“Mira..” he started as he sat back on the driver’s seat. “Let me help you, alright?” he looked at her—making Mira confused, as to per why the heck is this guy so eager to lend a hand.

 

Starting from that day Mira had told Soohyun she has a son, she changed her perception of him. Before this, she felt like Soohyun was being nice to her, probably because he likes her, but now, she feels that Soohyun is just somebody who wants a friend—that is her own logical explanation why Soohyun was able to accept the fact she has a son. Naive Mira..

Little did she know Soohyun has plans to take over her fragile heart.

 

 

“Ok listen. This is my house—well actually, one of my houses,” the rich guy told her in all honesty. Was he thinking that he could win her heart by waving his money and assets in front of her face?

He turned to her, so that he could see how honest he is in helping her. He really wants this.

“Stay here, for however long you wish, pay me, whatever price you want,” he flashed a smile at her confused face. “Just promise me you’ll accept my offer, please. I just want to make things easier for you and your son. Will you allow me to do that, hmm?”

 

 

“Why are you doing this?” Mira quietly asked in her timid voice. We all know what kind of girl she is and how she has issues when people try to shove help and lending hands into her face. But with Soohyun, she feels.. different.

 

He heaved a sigh and looked away from her. Inside, he was thinking of just to come out clean with this girl he found to be so different from the rest. Maybe she would understand. Maybe you are the one..

 

“The others are always just there because of unimportant things,” he started to craft his heart to her. Mira listened quietly, trying to understand. “Even if they never told me directly, I could still figure it out. It’s just the looks and the wealth,” he paused. “And the status, I guess..” He turned to look at her in the eye. “But being with you, I feel something I never got from the other girls, Mira.”

 

“What?” she asked, feeling rather scared if he open-directly confesses to her.

 

 

“Sincerity.”

 

 

 

 

 

After the whole heart to heart talk, Mira had him agree that she was more than willing to become good friends with Soohyun. Even though his heart yearned for more than that from her, he thought it was better than nothing. It was the start to something—he hoped.

Mira told Soohyun to KIV the thought about her renting his house. She insisted to try and find one herself, but if there really couldn’t manage to find one, Soohyun’s  it will be, and the guy was OK with that.

 

 

***

 

 

 

Kyuhyun tapped his foot on the floor. Then he tapped his finger on his chin. After a few seconds, he checked his watch.

 

The disappearance of his girlfriend got him wondering and over thinking some other things. Plus, he even found out that Soohyun was also missing, while the others were in their own mess rooms.

Jealousy started to creep in.

 

 

And pure green jealousy begun to seep into his veins when he saw the both of them walking side by side, heading towards him. What made him even irritated was how Mira kept on laughing, amused at whatever Soohyun was saying to her.

 

Mira and Soohyun saw who it was, waiting at the corridor of the mess rooms. A smile uncurled itself on Soohyuns lips.

 

He placed a hand on the small of her back. “I’ll get going first, Mira. Someone’s already waiting for you,” he whispered and walked faster to leave her behind. He kept his eyes ahead, ignoring the fire-ry death glare Kyuhyun was giving him, making sure he noticed the sly smile on his face.

 

 

this guy. How dare you.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s monologue stopped when he felt a tug on his shirt. .. not the eye smile, he sighed in defeat, but chose to keep a stern face on.

 

“Where’s your phone?” he asked, not bothered to ask how she is.

“Phone? Ohh..” she zipped her bag open, took out her phone, only to smile in horror—discovering the 23 misscalls, 5 text messages, 11 Whatsapps messages. Wow, Kyuhyun.

 

“Sorry.. silent..” she waved her phone nervously, showing that she had forgotten to un-silent her phone.

“Why is he with you? Again?” his voice was emotionless. He had planned to bring her out tonight, but looks like nobody’s going anywhere.

“He..umm..he showed me a house I could rent,” she started to look down, avoiding his glare. She didn’t want to lie to him, but she also knew the truth would hurt him. Kyuhyun did made a point once that he didn’t like seeing her with Soohyun.

“So you decide to let him help you, but not me?”

 

“I..”

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun left.

 

 ***************

A/n :

 

Oh no babyKyu!

 

 

 

Thanks so much for subscribing and reading Aegis, people.

 

*Hearteu*