Sureun hana

aegis

 

The two of them went in and Mira sat on the bed next to Sehun. The boy wasn't completely awake, but he was slightly fidgeting. Mira placed her palm on his forehead. Luckily, the fever had subsided.

 

"He's fine now," she looked up to the man standing beside him, who had his arms folded, looking like a concerned strict dad.

"Mhmm.." Kyuhyun gave her a silent nod and whispered to her to let him sleep a little more.

As Mira was tucking Sehun back, his hair, Kyuhyun couldn't keep his eyes off the large dressing mirror across them.

The view that the mirror reflected was something he had never imagined.

 

 

"What are you looking at?" Mira asked—worried about Kyuhyun being all quiet and stiff.

 

He shifted his eyes from the mirror to look at her, and spun her around so that now, Mira was also facing the huge sized mirror. His hands were still on her shoulders, when he rested his head on hers.

 

 

"Us.. Me, and you, and Sehun.."

 

You know that kind of smile, like when you are holding yourself together and body stiffen, and then something comforting happens and you just let your body loose? That was how Mira was feeling. 

 

For a moment, she thought Kyuhyun felt things were getting troublesome, with Sehun. But indeed, she was wrong, and who knew being wrong could feel this wonderful. This is the feeling if serendipity.

 

The rest of the day went by too fast--well, they say that time passes quickly when you're having so much fun. Kyuhyun sent them back before it got dark and although Mira's grandmother invited him in for a simple dinner, he had to decline the temptation.

 

Something came up.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

The white Elantra he drove sped fast through the freeway. His thumb tapped a few times on the steering wheel--the music was getting louder. Just as he thought everything was right in place, something else just had to come up.

 

 

While he was in the car, sending Mira n Sehun back a while ago, he received a text message from his father. Not that that's abnormal,  but Kyuhyun was trying to be positive and thinking hard--what good could possibly come from a father who had abandoned him almost half of his lifetime.

 

Yes, coming from a wealthy family,  Kyuhyun knew he had his father to thank for. All the tuition fees and pocket money came from his father--Director Cho, CEO of Cho Holdings, based in Taiwan. His parents lived there, and literally left him in South Korea alone since the age of 17 to study.

 

 

The text his father sent him—Come and have a family dinner at home.

 

 

Family.

 

All this while, his hyungs had been his family. They were the one who looked after him. His busy parents didn't bother to drop by nor even send s single word. To them, as long as the money is enough, nothing else is to be talked about. Now that he is working, there aren't any issues about money.

 

So why the sudden visit back?

 

 

Family matters?

Company issues?

Arranged marriage?

 

 

Kyuhyun grip on the steering tightens, as he stepped on the gas.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

After having dinner—which consisted of rice and kimchi jjigae, Mira washed the dishes, while Sehun was playing with her grandmother. Mira smiled listening to an overly eager Sehun describing the fishes he saw today and how he played videogames with ‘Uncle Kyu’ at his house.

 

 

She can't stop smiling, and she felt that she was pretty too. Not that she was in front of a mirror to see. It’s just that the way Kyuhyun gazes at her, wants her, accepts her, made her feel attractive. A sudden blush heated her cheeks, remembering her first kiss. It astounded her how a guy like Kyuhyun wanted her that way, knowing the things happening in her messed up life.   

 

Mira shook her head, utterly unwilling to believe how head over heels she had tumbled for this guy. It was crazy how Kyuhyun could make her beam like that—like the sunshine she is.

 

Finished with the dishes, she wiped her hands dry and went to join in the loud conversation—Sehun was mimicking the sound coming from Starcraft. Like father like son?

 

 

"Sehunnie.. Go and play over there," her grandmother said.

"Oh. Sehun ah. Take the colour pencils out and finish colouring yesterday's picture," Mira added, noticing that her grandmother probably wants a word with her. "What is it, halmeoni? Hmm?" she asked as she placed a palm on her grandmother's lap.

"Help me read this," she took out a white envelope and gave it to Mira. "I don't understand the formal writings stuff," she said, laughing at her old self.

Mira took it read silently read, as her eyes slowly widen.

"What did it say, Mira ya? Is there good news?"

Mira looked up from the letter and didn't know how to respond to the old woman. She was waiting for good news, but what Mira had to offer were devastating news.

 

 

"Halmeoni..” she breathe out, until the side of her cheeks puffed. It was always hard to break bad news. She edged closer to her grandmother, who couldn’t make do of what was about to happen. “They're demolishing this entire housing area—in two weeks. People who actually own the houses, they will be given compensation money, but people who are renting, like us, just—I guess we have to move somewhere.. I just.. Halmeoni..?! Halmeoni..!! Sehun!! Sehuuuun!! Grab umma's phone! Ppali!! Halmeoniii! "

 

 


A/n :

 

See what I did there?

I made trouble came to them.

//ugly sobs at the drama

 

So what do you think is the deal with Kyu's dad?

 

I cannot stress this enough:

ThanKyu for subbing and upvoting.

ThanKyu for commenting, leaving kind words.

and some of you are just so funny.

I love love love love it !!!