Sureun Net

aegis

"Your father really did that?!

 

Mira's eyes widen as Kyuhyun chronologically told him how he encountered the Chairman title. He shrugged, pushing the peas far away from the meat on his plate. It wasn't the most exciting topic of conversation to him. But he thought that he had to let Mira know

 

On the other side of the table, Mira was twirling the pasta around the fork too many times already, for she was in a daze too. It amazes her that she was actually in a relationship with someone coming from a rich family. Not sure if she likes it, but  there certainly were mixed feelings  hitching along her rollercoaster of emotions.

 

Apparently,  she was just over-thinking it when Kyuhyun realized her being quiet.

 

"I think your pasta is dizzy from those twirls," he joked, only to amuse himself,  as Mira was still unaware. She was still thinking about him being the rich 'prince' and her, just an ordinary girl.

"Mi..?" he called onto her, extending his hands to touch her skin.

 

"Oh? Did you say something?"

 

Kyuhyun eased a smile on his lips. He knows Mira was thinking about what he said earlier,  about his dad owning the hospital,  about the unimaginable wealth his family possessed.

 

"I said can I have some?"

 

She immediately raised her fork with the pasta neatly wrapped on it and fed him. She lightly slapped his hands, giggling when Kyuhyun pretended like it was the tastiest thing on earth ever--over reacting Kyu. But she too smiled at his naughty act, applauding him inwardly at how he was able to direct her away from uncertain thoughts.

 

Kyuhyun was getting better at this relationship thing.  

***

 

After lunch, they resumed work and it just so happened that Kyuhyun had to attend to a patient--together with Oh Sora.

 

 

 

"I didn't see you during lunch," she said, sounding more like a question, as it sounded cold, which isn't normal for someone who usually squeaks and shrieks a lot.

 

Her face turned sour after learning that he went out for a lunch date with Mira.

 

She just didn't get it. Even if she was the leading student in calculus,  she still couldn't understand the science of it--as to why the heck was Kyuhyun still with Mira, even after knowing that she has a son?! Her brains couldn't think of any reasons.

 

Was it ? Was it good ? I mean--I could totally imagine Kyuhyun here in bed, but is Mira good as well?

 

She clicked her tongue in annoyance,  trying to figure it out.

 

"Oh paksa-nim. The drip," Kyuhyun told her to adjust the IV drip as the flow was a bit too fast. Clearly,  she was thinking about non-related work stuff. Things that shouldnt matter to her. 

 

I guess he's not into y, girly girls like me.. Maybe he likes the quiet ones. Should I change my personality?

 

She snapped when a loud beeping sound suddenly went off. It was the BP machine,  which she had accidentally knocked onto the alarm button.

 

Kyuhyun quickly went over to her side, turned that damn thing off, apologized to the patient--who was by the way a very old lady, and boy was she shocked at the sudden noise, it almost ended her dear life. Thanks a lot, Oh Sora!

 

Kyuhyun dragged her to a corner and folded his manly arms.

"What is it?" his voice was super stern, like he knew something was dwelling in her thoughts. It wasn't like he knew Sora yesterday morning. It has been years throughout college, thanks to this whiny clingy girl who always had wanted to be by him in many more ways than he could've imagined.

 

Sora sulked and looked away from him, weighingit out if she should just ask him in a straight forward manner.

 

"Why do you like her?" it came out like melted butter, slipping down a hot bun. Kyuhyun gawked inwardly at Sora's courage and straightforwardness. He regained composure though. It must have troubled the out of her that she had to ask like so. She must've felt super good to have it out of her system. 

 

It wasn't that Kyuhyun didn't realize that this girl had feelings for him all this while, for the messages and hints Sora had given him were anything but subtle.

 

 

But it just had to be Mira.. There was no actual reason.

 

The girls. They were all beautiful, but only Kim Mira, the girl with a handful of heart-wrenching past had moved him chemically, more than anyone he had ever met--that all the other girls seemed pale beside her. That much.

 

"I don't care about her past," he summed up his thoughts, as he directly looked to her. She seemed helpless and tired. Kyuhyun thought that it was best for her to know this--his true feelings. After all, it was affecting her work performance,  and as a leader,  Kyuhyun wouldn't want that.

 

"What I care is how in love I am with her and how she's willing to accept me into her life. That and nothing else," he said.

 

There was dead silence. How could he not care about her having a son?! It was like Sora's brain couldn't comprehend the level of acceptance Kyuhyun has towards somebody who has a love-child with an older man--because that's what they all thought. This made her wonder if she ever had a love-child, would Kyuhyun accept her? Oh Sora, you'll never understand.

 

***

 

"You look happy today," Soohyun noted to Mira--acknowledging the occasional smiles she flashed once in a while,  which was rather unusual for somebody who sulks so much.

"Ohh? I do?" she asked, unaware.

 

They were in the office,  writing reports. It was a rather awkward situation for Mira. Why? Because she could feel Soohyun glancing at her once in a while. Not only that, he would also smile and chuckle after that. Wonder what's got into him.

 

"Is there something on my face, Soohyun?" Mira wipped her face as she said that. There could be some leftover pasta sauce which she had forgotten to wipe, or Kyuhyun the naughty boy could've smeared some onto her.

Yes, he would.

 

Soohyun shook his head, chuckling as he kept his eyes on the report in front if him.

"Aniyo.." he looked up to see her troubled face. "It's just that---Why do you have that scrunched look on your forehead every once in a while?"

"Why? Are you afraid I might grow a wrinkle?" Mira replied playfully, her hands touching her smooth forehead.

"Ani. You look adorable, it's killing me"

 

 

 

 

The room went silent. Soohyun said that, like it didn't mean anything to him, but inside of him, he wondered why he had said such things. Face palming himself gazillions of times.

 

With Mira, he feels open. He could say the very first thing that came across his mind. It reall is not natural of him to do so. This wasn't how he is.

 

Mira was quiet too. Like she had lost the will to talk, and even the capacity to move a muscle. It was so random of Soohyun to be saying she looked cute and all. She hadn't expect him to say such things. It was rare to see him talking to any other female staffs, what more complementing them. In all honesty,  she didn't know how to react to what he said. Should she thank him? No, that'd be weird. Should she deny it? She just bit her inner cheeks instead.

 

"Hmm? What's this?" he asked, pulling Mira's dollar store notebook closer to him.

"What? What?"

Mira didn't get to pull it away from him. He read the note, circled with a red marker,  indicating that it was something important. Soohyun frowned a little as he looked at her in silence.

"What?" she asked. She knew he must've read it.

 

D-12 find a new house! !

Fighting!

 

 

He checked his watch. “Come,” and grabbed Mira.

“Wha—to where? Yah.. Soohyun??” Mira asked in exasperation.

 

 

“I’m getting you a house.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________Author's note

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for upvoting.

Thanks for subbing.

 

Kim Mira, you lucky woman! Every guy wants to protect you!

Will she accept Soohyun's offer  for help?

*Sniff sniff*

Is that the smell of jealousy? 

#JealousKyu. Coming in next chapter. 

 

Yehet~