Yeoseot

aegis

Just To Not Disappoint Our Little Hearts, I'd Like To Inform Y'all Before Hand That There Is Only A Tiny Bit Of Kyuhyun In This Chapter.

However, I Still Very Much Hope Y'all Enjoy Reading.

Reading FF FTW !!!!

 

She heaved a little sigh to herself. It shouldn't have turned out like that. Things shouldn't be that difficult, but why is it? I'm so cursed for life, like, seriously.. she thought to herself and pouted a little, yet still keeping up the positive attitude in her. 

She walked on the pavement with the swishing sound of her sweater as the background music of her walk to the place where she’ll be working part-time. She shoved her hands into the pockets as the weather was getting colder. Why am I walking around at this hour.. she questioned herself.

She recalled seeing her grandmother's eyes turned to a light red colour and then became watery,  as beads of tears started to drop.

uljima, halmeoni..’ was all that she could say. There really was not anything she could utter to comfort the old woman. She didn't want to lie just so that she'll feel better. Nope. Not her style.

Her grandmother couldn't believe that she had to go through hard times, even 'til the very end. She broke down hearing Mi Ra break the news of being unable to graduate because of the tuition fee.

"I guess they just stopped paying for me at one point, halmeoni.." she said calmly, while her attention was directed to the jobs4u.co.kr website. To her, no time should be wasted on wallowing and self-pitying at the situation. That phase of bawling her eyes out had passed. She was somehow thankful that Kyuhyun was there to avoid from actually allowing her to expand her 'bawling session' . She was never that type of girl to begin with. 

She couldn't really figure out Kyuhyun. He's like the nicest of guys.. she thought. Ah.. Lucky Oh Sora. Actually, they look good together. She forced a smile onto her self-proclaimed pathetic soul, kicking a small pebble at the same time. 

All that she could do at that moment was try her hardest to gain as much money and settle the payment for the tuition and then, graduate as a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) and soon start working, earn a solid amount of cash and finally totally flipping the current situation of their freaking lives.

It's so near I could almost smell myself living happily in a pretty house with halmeoni and Sehunnie.

Truth is, she was funded by an individual to finish her studies as a medical student. No, it wasn't a scholarship. Somebody just decided to help her out and she wasn't the one to say no to such help. There wasn't any term nor conditions she had to abide to. It just so happened on the day she wanted to pay her tuition fees last three years ago, the clerk told her that it has been paid.

It all happened after the death of her parents. She could think of many reasons why somebody would offer to sponsor her. Perhaps her life had always been this pathetic, it was pitiful to others. One of it was probably linked to her parents, thinking perhaps that somebody was guilty of something and decided to compensate it by funding her studies, the one and only child left. What bothered her even more was why her mysterious sponsor stopped funding.

God bless the internet, for she was able to find a part time job at this crucial moment- about four months before graduating. 

"I just hope I do well" she murmured under her cold breath, pulling the zippers of her sweaters up to her chin. “And please please please don’t have anything to do with becoming a hooker,” her imagination ran wild, not knowing what to expect.

"Oh shoot! I’m gonna be late!" she started running. 

***

Ding dong..

She knew the address looked familiar. It was Kyuhyun's apartment. What's got her wondering was, who's Leeteuk? Could he be Kyuhyun’s brother?

Apparently, the 30 year old doctor had advertised a part time job for a daily maid- meaning; she'd be doing the job of a maid, but works only for certain hours. Calling Leeteuk earlier that evening, he told her to come tonight, just so that he could brief her a little bit before she officially starts tomorrow. He insisted on her coming tonight because he won't be available during the day, so tonight was all the time he had.

Of course Mi Ra hesitated a bit, but thinking of the salary offered and being the optimistic person she is, she'd do just about anything to have the job. The pay Leeteuk offered was enough and she didn't need to work at the other jobs. Just this one would be enough to cover the expenses of the tuition fee. 

***

The door opened.

"Yes?" asked a male with milky white skin and pretty eyes. It was Kim Heechul. The first thing that came into Mi Ra's mind was how pleasant looking he was, and the very next thing was who this guy is. 

"Ah. Annyeonghaseyo. I'm looking for Leeteuk paksa-nim?" she chirped, hoping to appear bright and cheerful.

"Oh. You must be the maid he was talking about. I’m Heechul. Come," he cracked the door wide enough for Mi Ra to squeeze through. "Sorry, the kids are on the loose. I don't want them running out," he said scratching his nape as Mi Ra walked pass in front of him.

Wow.. He thought. She's-- Hmm.. isn't she a little bit too pretty to be working as a maid?

"I'm sorry what did you say?" she suddenly turned, facing him, making her shoulder length hair sway as she twirled and it scattered on her shoulders. 

"What? I-- uhh--" he hesitated, when he was actually weighing out the probability of her mind reading him. 

"No, I mean-- did you mentioned kids? You have kids here?"

"Ah, that.. No. Nonono.." he waved his hands. "The dogs.. We have three dogs here," he explained and she nodded, with a concerned look on her small face. "..and a cat, and a turtle.." he added, laughing a little as he thought that she might think that they're living in a mini zoo. "and a fish, latest edition," he threw his hands up into the air, finally ended the long list.

She gave him a friendly smile and nodded.

Oh.. Look at that smile.. and he smiled in return, not looking too bad himself. 

"Heechul ah! Is that--. Oh! You're here? You're here! Ahahaha.. I was worried you couldn't make it." Leeteuk shouted and his hands reached for hers and shook it. "Nice to meet you. I'm Leeteuk. "

She bowed to him and introduced herself too, while making mental calculations on how many of them are actually  living in this apartment. So there's Kyuhyun,  this guy Heechul ssi, and Leeteuk paksa-nim. Just the three of them? Oh, and of course the dogs, the cat, and the little fish. Such a cute family!

***

So there Leeteuk and Heechul sat with Mi Ra in the living room, where the former had explained to her every single detail she needed to know.

“There are five people living here, Mi Ra ssi. All guys. Some of them are crazy, but that’s not important now," he shooed the idea away. "I think two of them are about your age, Ryeowookie and Kyuhyunnie. They just finished studying medicine, but the rest of us are all practicing doctors," Mi Ra nodded and acknowledged that most of the guys are working. "Our working shifts differ. I’ll have the working schedule on the fridge tomorrow, just for your information," he explained carefully, not to forget mentioning that there will always be people in the house, just not all twelve of them together.

Mi Ra observed Leeteuk and figured that he must be, somehow, like the leader of them. She can feel leadership qualities oozing out from him.

"As seen by your own lovely eyes, our house is a shipwreck and we really need help," Heechul continued after Leeteuk, who was now sipping his red tea from the glass. "We're hiring you to have the house cleaned, the clothes washed, meals cooked, the pets cleaned," he started to count using his fingers. "Well- almost everything, if you ask me. Just like how a house should be. We hope you're okay with that." and Mi Ra just smiled in return, not sure of how things will be going on from there.

"Just wanna let you know, we're not your employer, but all five of us are, which means your pay is actually coming from our pockets altogether," he wriggled his brows in a slightly seducing and strangely y manner to Leeteuk.

"But most importantly, I want you to know that, you helping us out means so much to me, especially, because I can't live in a house with this condition," he gave Heechul a shrug. "These guys are total brats," he added a side note, earning a cold 'yah..' from the male with milky skin. Indeed, Mi Ra agreed they needed help, but her eyes were also busy on the lookout. She had not seen one yet, but Heechul did mentioned that the dogs were on the loose. Secretly, she was hoping for none of them to come jumping on to her at that specific moment. “I seriously wanted to do this myself, Mi Ra ssi. but time isn’t what I have to spare, you know, being a doctor and all,” he stopped and flashed Mi Ra a warm smile, complete with a show of a cute dimple implanted on his cheeks. "So.. are you up for it?"

Mi Ra realized that the salary Leeteuk had offered her was indeed as much as what she had to do. Plus, she had dogs to be dealt with, which really isn't one of her strength. The poor girl is actually scared of dogs, especially the barking ones. Wait-- don't all dogs bark? So, yeah.  

Leeteuk waited for an answer from her as he bit his lower lip anxiously. Carefully thinking it over from all aspects, she soon came to a decision. 

"I agree," she said with a slight nod.

"Yes!" Leeteuk threw a fist into the air, as if he had just won a match and highfive-ed Heechul. "You are a life saver," he added, making Mi Ra blush a little. 

“I’ll do my best, Leeteuk paksa-nim.

***

"Who are you?"

Mi Ra blinked twice, thinking of an appropriate answer.

"I’m.. I'm the maid, " she answered and thought it sounded awkward. Being a maid for twelve guys certainly sounded off. 

"Mwo?! Are you sure you're not a thief?" his eyes were big and started to search her with his eyes, up and down.

Mi Ra rolled her eyes.

"Ok.. You got me, I'm the thief,” she said in a monotonous tone, put both her hands up. "Good night then," she waved and walked out, like nothing happened.

It was already half past eleven that night and it had been a long day. ‘Tired’ wasn't even the right choice of word to describe how she was feeling at that moment. And now, this puppy-eyed guy insisted that she was a thief.

Well, technically, it really wasn't his fault to have the doubts. What do you expect when somebody you've never seen before comes out if your house, besides maybe somebody ordered a hooker, except for the fact that Mi Ra was dressed a little bit too decent to look like a .

It was all about timing. Wrong time, wrong place.

 

Donghae, the tired doctor looking this hot coming back from work. 

 

***

Mi Ra dragged herself out of the elevator. The last time she went out of that building, she had taken the stairs like a nutty person. She smiled a little, remembering how she actually felt the most minuscule bit jealous seeing Kyuhyun's girlfriend giving him a smooch. What was I even thinking..

"Hey hey!" she heard a male calling after her as soon as she reached outside of the building. 

An out of breath Donghae ran and stopped in front of her, gasping for air, and then tried to talk to her.

"Wait..hold on..I'm sorry..Min Seun ssi.." he bent down as his hands clutched to his kneecaps, catching his breath.

"Min-- min seun?" Mi Ra asked looking at him, puzzled.  He immediately looked up to her and Mi Ra couldn't help but felt sorry he came running all the way just to apologize.  "It’s Mi Ra, and it's all right. You must be drained after work. I'm sorry too," she smiled, thinking that it was actually sweet of him for troubling himself. "I'll get going then.."

"No, please. I'll walk you home," he seemed more relaxed now as he offered to send her home, with hopeful eyes.  

"Oh no no. I'm fine," she panicked a little at the sudden offer.

"I'm sorry I called you a thief just now, so please let me walk you home," he insisted and added with a concerned look all over his boyish face, "plus, it's already late. There're many drunk guys around this time. How could I possibly let you walk alone?"

She looked at him.

Is he always this nice to, like, everybody? 

She felt her face warm up a little and looked away.

"Ohh. O--okay then," she replied. 

 

They walked quietly, with Donghae glancing towards her once in a while. Soon, he decided to converse.

"How old are you, Mi Ra ssi?" he asked her, feeling a little silly after calling her Min Seun a while ago. He was glad Mi Ra wasn't angry and casually corrected him.

"twenty four," she replied and kept her eyes on the road,  with her hands in her pockets. 

"Ohh? You're the same age with our maknae? Kyuhyun, did Leeteuk hyung told you about him just now?"

"ah. Ne," another simple reply. When she actually thought about it, she didn't see Kyuhyun in the house just now. Assuming he probably was out, still celebrating their day of freedom with his friends, or perhaps out in a date with his girlfriend. Without realizing it, she pouted a little.

What could she possibly be thinking about? Donghae spotted her pouting and wondered. Cute, though

"Donghae ssi.." she called him. Honestly, she wasn't comfortable with him sending her all the way home. Nobody ever did.

"hmm?"

"My house is still quite far.. I guess I can walk by myself from here, so you can just lea-"

"Shut up" he murmured and pulled her by the waist, really tight as he continued walking. He was literally hugging her and she felt half of her body pressed to his chest. 

Mi Ra was surprised, in fact too shock to respond, her graceful walk turned into small stomps as she dragged her shocked body. This was totally uncalled for. She felt her heart starting to race. Donghae ssi, I didn't think you were the kind to-

"Don't say anything.." he whispered into her ears and dragged her along, since he could sense that her walking has become irregular. Mi Ra's eyes shot wide open but maintained to keep shut when Donghae suddenly kissed her head, right on top of her hair. It was a pretty long kiss, at least Mi Ra thought so. Why is he doing this?

Soon, Mi Ra heard the clattering or a can being kicked from behind, followed by a high-pitched wallowing. The sound was faint and it soon made her realized. Donghae had heard the steps of somebody else walking behind them. Trusting his guts, he assumed that it was probably some drunk guy.

He slowly let her waist go and continued walking. 

"See..? I was right," he smirked and looked at Mi Ra.

She looked up to him and smiled, and looked away again. She laughed a little and said, "Oh god that was scary.. I didn't even realize somebody was walking behind us. Ho gosh, imagine me walking by myself. Really.. I would be like..bla..bla.." she continued her little blabber and Donghae just smiled, trying to hide and at the same time figuring out what is the warm feeling is inside of him. I can't possibly fall for her. That's, like-- illogic.

He stole a glance towards her and realized that she looked amazingly pretty walking just like that, with her long hair moving along was she paced and the way she talks, everything about her is just alluring

He looked away and smiled to himself.