Yeolset

aegis

Ooohh an update~ Lols at myself. 

 


"I swear this is by far the weirdest I have seen hyung act so far," the SUV hummed as Kyuhyun whined about Donghae being strange. Exactly why does he want Kim Mi Ra to follow me? Not jealous? Hmm..

On the other side of the seat, Oh my gosh, why am I being awkward? Do I actually think that him being single is going to make any difference? I just-- 

"Why are you so quiet?" he suddenly asked Mi Ra after realizing that he was the only one making a lot of noise in the moving vehicle. 

"Ohh?" she snapped from her daze and cleared , making it sound as awkward as ever.

""Are you-- Ok?" He casually asked her, noticing she hasn't been quite herself ever since the beach. He bit his lips assuming if he had interfered their moment together or had he made an appearance at the wrong time between those two. But Hae hyung seemed like he was cool. If not, I doubt he would even ask her to tag along with me

"I'm fine-- yeah. I'm fine, Kyuhyun, really," she nodded towards him and pursed her lips tight as she smiled to him. Taking a glimpse of her from the corner of his eyes, he felt relieved. 

"Good," he replied, simple, as he stepped on the brake pedal and the car came to a stop at the traffic lights. "Nice weather today. I just love-- Ohh!" Mi Ra immediately turned to look at the shocked expression across Kyuhyun's face. 

"What? What?!" she too panicked a little. 

"Your hand," he managed to calmly say it and was about to reach for Mi Ra's injured hand when the car behind them honked. "Ahh ," he muttered and drove ahead for a tiny bit before he pulled over by the road to inspect those darling hands of Mi Ra. 

"What the-- I didn't even realize it was bleeding," Mi Ra twisted her hand for a better view of the cut. "Iskk-- ouch!".

"Yah, let me do it, pabo," he gently pushed her other hand away and took over. 

"Pabo? Yah. Why am I a pabo?!" she questioned him, irritated by him labelling her as such, even if she was feeling all warm and fuzzy by Kyuhyun being all caring and treating to her wound like she was some kind of rare treasure. Ignoring and after 'sshh..'-ing her, he observed the cut closely as he leaned towards her. The cut was fairly 2cm long by the side of her palm. Squishing it a little bit, causing Mi Ra to flinch soundlessly, he sees that the cut wasn't concernly deep, but it has the feel of a papercut to it- that same stinging sensation.

He moved away from her as he sat leaning back into his seat. He heaved a heavy breath and smiled to her, "you're a pabo for not wearing gloves when you were busy clam-collecting like an ahjumma," he joked and muffled a chuckle, acknowledging the death glare Mi Ra was giving her.

"Ahjumm--"

"Can't you be more careful and think about your own safety for once?" he nagged. "Remember when I had to be your life-savior when your were nearly knocked over from that superbike? Hmm?"

Mi Ra looked away from him quietly and a sudden tint of unwilling blush heated her cheeks. She pouted at the memory of her trying her level best to run away from him, from the sight of Kyuhyun and Sora exchanging a kiss, from the false reality she was afraid to face. A puff of hot air left her nostrils as she snorted, feeling amused by her-pabo-self. 

"Ooo-kay.." Kyuhyun said, confused by her reaction. "Glad you remember that. Now will you please be more careful? In the future?" he blinked his eyes, batting his lashes to her, to which just made her want to pinch those cheeks of him. Why are you being so adorable to me?

"Oh-kayy then, grandpa," she faked an irritated response. "But it's not like it's that bad, you know. I mean like-- I've had cuts like these all the time and worse ones and they--"

"But I don't like seeing them..," he cuts in, his voice ever so subtle and that endearing look on his face, which Mi Ra was having a really hard time to look away from.

If only gazes came along with background music, there would definitely be the oriental twinkling intro of the song Baby (The First Step) from exo.

This moment when I’m closing my eyes to pray // Naega nungama gidohan i sungani

I will hug the heart in you slowly // Geudae ein mameul anajulge cheoncheonhi

Today is a one time chance My first footstep I take // Oneuri hanbeonui chance na naeditneun cheot georeum

Mi Ra was in a daze, trying to contain her heart at the sight of this guy, who kept on showing that he cares for her, but sometimes bold enough to make her heart sting when he ignores her existence. All she could do to prove that she was still alive and breathing was to blink her eyes every two or three seconds. But when Kyuhyun's rather chilly hand made contact with the side of her cheeks, slowly tucking in the loose hair behind her ears as he longingly cooed, "don't get yourself hurt, hajima~ Ohh?", she just couldn't help herself from drowning in that feeling of overwhelmed. Overly-whelmed by his offering of care and love, perhaps- the later she hopes so much, but too scared to sound it out even in her quiet mind. 

At that spur of the moment, it was now official

It was officially understood, without clear writings nor voiced oath, only in an unimaginable, intangible understanding between the two that their hearts have come to embrace one another. There was never a necessary moment for them having to explain the feelings swirling in them whenever glances are exchanged- be it secretly or discreetly. A silent understanding which was able to carve subtle smiles on their lips even when Sora kept on grinding her body dangerously close to Kyuhyun that night during the barbeque. No, Kyuhyun wasn't the kind of guy to shun girls like Sora away, but Mi Ra was able to distinguish the Grand Canyon-sized difference between that and how Kyuhyun treats her. 

It was those gazes he gives her, and the countless text messages he would send whenever he feels like teasing her, but was sitting a bit too far from her or was too shy to let the others hear it-- making her look like an idiot in love, staring at the screen of her mobile phone, smiling. Those moments when he tugs on the hem of her rolled-up sleeves, telling her to roll them down because it was cold, or when he randomly shoves sweet pastry into while they were on their way back to Seoul- even when she already said she doesn't want them, ten times

"Can I call you tonight?" he whispered as he placed Mi Ra's bags on her door steps when they finally arrived at six in the evening, as the spark of twilight uncurled itself in the horizon. He successfully convinced the others that he'll help her with the bags as they stayed in the SUV waiting for him. 

"Call me? Why.." she avoided his eyes, shying away to unnecessarily rearrange the bags Kyuhyun had placed. 

" 'Cause I want to," he said teasingly. "And I need to~" he added, melting the heart of the blushing girl listening to it. He took out a small rectangular package, wrapped with a pink paper and a small white bow on top of it, from his pockets and placed it onto one of her bags. As Mi Ra was about to ask what that was, he proactively answered, "that's for you. I'll call you later, okay? Bye.." and quickly turned away, heading back to the SUV. 

As everybody waved goodbye to Mi Ra and Donghae honked before leaving, Changmin whined, "Yah Cho Kyuhyun! What the heck took you so long? I think I busted my ears listening to miss loud-mouth here complaining you taking so much time there!"

"Yah Shim Changmin! How dare you call me a loud-mouth after gobbling all the Ppeongtwigi I saved for Kyuhyunnie!! You are so--"

"Why do you have my muffler scarf around that neck of yours" Ryeowook asked all of a sudden in a disturbingly cold voice, feeling the woollen material with his hands. "Yah! This is mine!" he tugged the muffler away from Sora. "Give it back, woman!!"

They snickered all the way back, listening to the two bickering endlessly.