Seumuldaseot

aegis

Hey ya~

Don't forget to read the updated version of Chapter 24,

OK? *winkeu*

 

Where I work, it's the weekends tomorrow, so..

Happy weekends, y'all~!

 


 

"He likes chicken soup?"

 

Mira nodded at the raised brow of confusion of Cho Kyuhyun. He nodded and OK to her and ordered chicken soup from the cafe people. Having done that, he ran his hands through his hair and placed them back into the pockets of his white doctor's coat.

 

This is awkward, Mira thought.

 

Usually, Kyuhyun would jump at any opportunity there is to talk to Mira. It was notable that he was still very much worried of Ryeowook's condition. Waiting for the chicken soup turned into somewhat of an agony and awkward moment.

 

Mira looked at her cheap watch. 15 minutes to 11pm. And yeah, I gotta buy myself a nice watch once I get my first pay, like seriously, she blabbered to herself.

"Do you have to go somewhere, “Mi?"

 

 

It's been 10 seconds. Mira have been staring at Kyuhyun for 10 second, and yes, he counted.

"Hey.." he whispered and reach for the single loose strand of hair, tickling her cheeks. He tucked it behind her ears to snap her from her daze. She lightly pushed his hands away and shyly tucked the hair herself. I swear nobody can do that. Nobody can tuck my hair without my permission.  Nobody can call me Mi. Nobody. Except for you..

 

"Sorry. I--"

"No it's okay," she quickly replied, knowing Kyuhyun would apologize for calling her ‘Mi’, and that was a first time. She looked to him and gave him a bitter smile, "No I..I don't have to be anywhere, so.. I'll just--be here--urmm.. If you don't mind.."

 

He smirked and rolled his eyes.

"Come here," he pulled her arms and all she did was follow his lead.

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun took her out to the small garden, where they had their little rendezvous earlier. Was this becoming their new favourite spot? Well, the place is relatively secluded from the main hallway, and not many people come to this garden. The atmosphere is somewhat different at night. Cool breeze blows and instead of the pretty flowers, the street lights of Seoul made the garden look beautiful—it was a breathtaking view after all.

 

“So you’re going back home this weekend?” he spontaneously asked, as he sat himself on the concrete bench and patted the space beside him, initiating her to take a seat by him. She did so and told him her plans for the weekends.

“You know Sehun.. First he wants cookies, then cakes. Next he wants to go to the park, then ride the bicycle. I just have to—“

“Let’s go somewhere,” Kyuhyun suddenly budged in. Impulsively suggesting Mira to go somewhere with him. A little getaway, perhaps?

 

All he wants to do is clear his mind from the sudden stress of working in the ER and freshen his mind, especially about Ryeowook’s condition. It was too much for him to handle, finding it hard to accept the fact his best friend has epilepsy. Though Ryeowook seemed stable and happy as he always is, Kyuhyun is the one suffering here with his own emotions, and he wants to clear his mind on that.

 

 

Mira was stunned again.

 

Just now Kyuhyun surprised her by calling her ‘Mi’, and now the sudden invite to go somewhere. But the girl quickly realizes that Kyuhyun isn’t OK. She’s aware of how he feels about Ryeowook’s condition, and she still has to thank him for his willingness to accept about the ‘Sehun’ thing, so..

“OK. Yeah. Sure,” she nodded abundantly, biting her lips, thinking that this is something she rarely does—going out with people. She looked uncomfortable, yet continued the conversation, “Do you have any plans—I mean, like—Do you have some place in mind?” she blinked twice.

 

On the other hand, Kyuhyun was feeling relaxed, unlike the uncomfortable-looking Kim Mira here. Yes, he had a lot in his mind right now. But spending time, just sitting and talking to Mira—he feels at ease. That’s what she does to me. Nobody has that effect on me, except for her. Only her..

 

Hmm,” he sat straight, closing in the gap between them. He rubbed his palms together, delighted that even in their awkward and lost situation, they were sitting down, making plans to go out together. “I wonder,” he begun, tapping his chin teasingly, looking at her in all seriousness, making Mira’s uncomfortable feelings multiply by hundreds. He squinted his eyes, scrutinizing her, before continuing, “Where would Sehun wanna go?” He sat straight again and talked without looking at her, “Would he like to go to the zoo, or the national aquarium, or wait—I know. Lotte World. No—That’s too mainstream. What’s the name of that new park. Ah, yes..bla..bla..”

 

 

She hates it.

 

Kim Mira hates her own smile. Why? She hates the fact that she is smiling at this man, who is planning to take her and Sehun somewhere. And most importantly, he is putting Sehun preference before anything else. He could take her to some place, to spend time together. But no. What he wants is to bring Mira and Sehun, to some place where Sehun would like and enjoy. And what about him? What does he like? Where does he like to go? Not once did he mention about that.

 

She hates the fact that Kyuhyun could easily make her smile like that. His simple act and gestures can make her smile. Am I that easy? She shook her head slightly, amused by how easily her heart melts by the presence of this guy.

 

“No? So Sehun doesn’t like aquariums?” Kyuhyun asked, a cute pout of disappointment emerging from his lips.

“What. No. Wait. What did you say just now?” she asked in embarrassment, being discovered she spaced out.

 

He chuckled.

 

“Stop acting cute,” he said and straightened up the collar of Mira’s white coat. It was getting chilly. “You’re making things hard for me. Torturing me, right?” he smiled cheekily.

Mira so wanted to slap that smile from his face. It was too cute to handle.

“No—I—“ she started to panic, from that little tease.

“So does Sehunnie likes fish or not?” he folded his arms and look at her again, not giving her a chance to finish whatever she wanted to say just now.

 

A tiny smile curled itself upon her lips, as she looked down in shyness.

 

“He does..” she said, giving up to go against him, the smile not leaving her face.

 

 

“Then it’s a date,” Kyuhyun concluded. He got up and pulled her up as well. “Come, I’m sure the soup would be ready by now,” he said.

 

As they walked towards the door, he neared his face to her ears and whispered,

 

 

“Thanks for being here, Mi.. I really needed that”