Chapter 17

Second Chances

   "You didn't know you have a roommate?" Kris questioned the stunned group.

   "Yes.... No..." They were so surprised, they're not sure what to say.

   "We know about a roommate. But come to think of it, manager hyung did not mention it's a girl." Clarified Onew. He still can't believe that one detail was not mentioned by their manager. Looking at s, he tried to see if they knew before he did. All he can see are their still shocked expressions.

   "I want to go inside now." Key rushed to open the door of their dorm and hurried inside his room. The others followed slowly inside towards the living area.

   "The dorm looks so clean. Everything is spotless and I smell something delicious." Taemin nudged Jonghyun aside and headed for the kitchen. Jonghyun glanced irritably at Taemin, "Thinking of food at a time like this." He muttered towards their youngest member, he headed to their bedroom.

   Minho went over the small table inside the living room where he noticed some bookmarks. He picked one up that is written with his name, and designed with sport activities that he enjoys. He could see that it was made with care and consideration for what their other interest are. Curious, he picked up the other bookmarks and scanned the designs.

   One is decorated with chicken, "Clearly for Onew hyung" he thought. Another is decorated with dinosaur footprints and a puppy face, laughing silently he thought of Jonghyun hyung. Another one is shaped like a shadow of a dancing man and splashes of glitter on a small floor, "Taemin would like this" he thought. The last one he was holding is shaped like a long trench coat with a very pink scarf wound around the shoulders, "She knows what Key would like." Looking around his shoulders, he saw Onew hyung talking with Kris.

   Jonghyun shouted from their bedroom that the linens have been changed and ready to use.

   Onew and Kris talked on what went on while they were on tour, he noticed the bags by the door. "Whose bags are those?"

   "Mia, she asked me to keep them for her. She was using your room, I guess she packed her stuff because you'll be needing your room back." Shrugged Kris,

   "Please go on inside." Onew invited Kris and excused himself to go to his room.

   Onew is bothered that someone else stayed inside his room. He glanced around and opened his cabinets. He saw that nothing was touched. "If someone else had used the room, wouldn't some of his things be moved around to put her own stuff in." He thought. He sat on his bed then laid down, "Wouldn't my bed feel as though someone else slept on it?" He thought again. Something is wrong he kept thinking but could not place what the matter was. Distracted, he did not hear the shouting going on behind the door.

   "My room is okay, nothing is missing and I noticed she cleaned up the whole dorm." Key stepped out of his room satisfied of what he saw.

   "SHE IS NOT A THEIF OR A MAID!!!" Kris shouted at Key, ready to defend Mia. "She and Ahjumma cleaned this dorm for 2 days! How can you say that!" He faced Key angrily, his fist closed at his sides.

   "I DID NOT SAY SHE'S A THEIF OR A MAID KRIS!!! I only said that nothing is missing." He objected to Kris accusation.

   "IT'S THE SAME KEY!!!" Insisted Kris.

   Minho hurried to stand between his hyungs. "I'm sorry Kris hyung, but you must understand. We were not here and if we sound ungrateful to you, we're not. We found out when we arrived that a girl is staying here, you can't expect to be happy with that kind of news since she is a stranger to us." He hoped that his two hyungs can keep their anger down.

   Kris looked at Minho and Key. "You trust me?" He asked them. "Do you trust me enough to believe when I say that she did not touch any of your stuff? I know she left notes all around on what she found in the dorm." He appealed to them. "I thought it was funny." He trust Mia and wants them to trust her too.

   "Like this?" Onew came out of his room holding a post it. He found it on the desk before he noticed the argument between Key and Kris.

"FOUND A PEN BEHIND YOUR DESK, IT'S INSIDE THE DESK DRAWER.  ^,^"

   "And this." Jonghyun was also holding a post-it. He was reading the message when he heard the shouts between Key and Kris and stepped out of the room, forgetting that he was still holding the small sticky note.

"FOUND 50 THOUSAND WON IN A BOOK. YOU SHOULD REALLY KEEP IT IN A MORE PROPER PLACE. THE BOOK IS ON THE SHELF.  ^,^"

   Kris grinned. "See, I told you she left notes."

   "She also left food!" Taemin announced by the kitchen, munching on bacon. He also stood near the kitchen doorway when he heard the argument between his hyungs.

   "Join us for breakfast Kris hyung before our maknae eats everything. He is not only a dance machine but a eating machine as well." Key invited. "And I want to apologize for what I said before, it was thoughtless of me."

   "I also apologize, I should not have shouted and let my temper get the better of me." Kris said.

   "Let's eat!" Jonghyun shouted and ran towards the kitchen, the others followed swiftly behind.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          shinee_new_year_by_kaybee38-d364n6u.jpg

(Credits to the person who made and edited this picture. Thank you very much!)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you read the news of Taemin and Naeun leaving WGM?!

So sad....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed this new chapter readers.

Happy reading and Happy New Year!!!