Chapter 1

Second Chances

   The roll call of names have started and I sit by patiently waiting for my name to be called. What if.... my train of thought starts with what if... What if my voice is not clear enough? What if my dance steps are not perfect enough? or I'm not pretty enough?

 

   Aaarrrggghh!!!  PLEASE! PLEASE! CALL MY NAME!!!

  

   "Ms. Mia Logan, stand over here please"

 

   He called me? He said my name? I stand on shaky legs not knowing if I'm in or out of the training program.  On the right side of the room, girls and boys are also lined up... same on the left.... Where do I stand I asked myself. Mr. Han points to the left, so I walked over to where he thinks I belong.

 

   "Alright! Those on the right, thanks for coming. Please try again. Those on the left, congratulations. Welcome to the SMTown Training Program. I am Mr. Han, your coordinator,dance trainor and guide during your training."

 

   Shouts and applause exploded in the room as everyone congratulated us. "I'm in! I'm finally in!" I thought as I clapped and shouted out congratulations to the other trainees.

 

   Mr. Han signals for silence, as we looked at him he announced "We break for lunch for an hour, come back here for the orientation and briefing. See you guys later."

 

   As I was about to leave the room. "Oh, Ms. Logan. Mr. SM would like to speak with you for a moment. Go to the 4th floor, 2nd door to your right."

 

   "Okay, thanks Mr. Han." I replied but my mind is a complete blank on why the president would need to talk to me.