The Party

For the Sake of Friendship

“I wonder what happened to the Myungsoo we knew.” Sungyeol thought a loud as soon as Myungsoo stood up and left.

“Yeah, what’s up with the sudden mood switch?” Dongwoo said still staring at Myungsoo’s leaving figure.

“You said his close to that Byunghun guy right?” Sunggyu asked Sungjong.

“Yeah, he did mention that his best friends with Byunghun.” Sungjong replied.

“I think it’s more than just friends.” Dongwoo suddenly blurted out, making him earn weird looks from everyone. “What? I don’t think friends would act like that. “I’m not sure, but I got a strong feeling about it.”

“Hey, want to come to that party? Just, to clear things out.” Woohyun said.

Sunggyu suddenly laughed. “You think the party is real? People from class F don’t have any friends. Nobody will come to a party hosted by any of them. That’s why I was surprised when he invited Myungsoo to a party.”

As if in queue, their phones suddenly rang, indicating a text from Myungsoo with the party’s address.

They all look at each other.

“Well it won’t hurt just to check right?” Dongwoo interrupted the silence.

 

 

 

“We came here for the party. Byunghun, Myungsoo’s friend invited us.” Sungyeol answered Chanhee.

“Oh, come in.” Chanhee let them enter, still with a very shocked expression.

“Did the party get cancelled? Or did all the people you invited just didn’t show up.” Sunggyu asked with a bored expression.

“Umm, it was just a small party among us. I didn’t really expect any other visitors.” Chanhee replied with a glare.

“So what’s this little party of yours all about?” Sunggyu glared back.

“My birthday party.” Chanhee replied and looked away.

Sunggyu’s expression changed and looked away.

“Hey what’s up with the tension between them?” Dongwoo nudged Woohyun.

“I don’t know either.” Woohyun replied as they continue to walk towards the living room.

“Myungsoo, your friends are here.” Chanhee said as he sat on one of the chairs.

Myungsoo looked at them weirdly.

“I thought you’re all busy.”

“Oh, we just decided to take a little break. It won’t hurt for a little rest right?” Sungyeol replied.

They all introduced themselves to each other.

Silence suddenly prevailed.

“Byunghun, I don’t know you’re friends with them too, you being friends with Myungsoo surprised us already.” Changhyun spoke, breaking the little awkward situation they were in.

“Oh, they were with Myungsoo when I invited him, and I think it’s rude to not invite the others.” Byunghun looked away as he scratched his head.

Silence soon prevailed again.

“Umm, so what’s your plan before we came?” Sungjong asked breaking the silence.

“Oh, we were about to play a video game, but I don’t think you guys are interested in it.” Jonghyun replied.

“Oh, we love games!” Dongwoo exclaimed.

“Really? You guys play video games?” Jonghyun looked at him with wide eyes.

“Of course, we were once normal teenagers too. But we kinda , because we lack practice. Video games are not allowed at the dormitory.” Sungjong replied.

“Anyway, what game is it?” Howon joined the conversation.

“Some horror game Minsoo picked. He loves scaring our little Changhyun.” Chanhee smirked.

“Well Byunghun is scared of it too.” Changhyun pouted.

Myungsoo suddenly looked at Byunghun. He never knew Byunghun was scared of horror games.

“You’re scared of horror games?”

“Haha, I guess I am.” Byunghun replied, embarrassed.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Myungsoo suddenly blurted out. Everyone looked at him. “Umm, since we’re not that close yet why don’t we play something that will let us get to know each other?”

“How about we eat first. I’m starving.” Changhyun said.

“You’re always hungry.”Jonghyun commented as he walks towards the table with foods.

Changhyun pouted and followed Jonghyun.

Everyone followed and grabbed something they could eat.

Once they were all sitting comfortably, everyone started to talk to each other. The awkward atmosphere finally disappeared.

Myungsoo’s friends can’t help but throw Myungsoo some glances once in a while. They noticed that Myungsoo was caring when his with Byunghun.

He keeps adding some food in Byunghun’s plate, insisting that he needs food to gain weight. He would also wipe the food in Byunghun’s mouth. And Myungsoo looked extra happy. The sparkle in his eyes is just so different.

Myungoo’s friends are sure there’s something different. They weren’t called smart for nothing.

 “Ahh! They’re here! How did they know we’re having a party tonight!?” Daniel suddenly screamed after peaking in the window.

Byunghun’s friends suddenly closed all the curtains and lights.

“What happened?” Myungsoo asked.

“It’s the Jiyong’s gang again. They’ve been targeting us ever since the first day.” Chanhee replied.

“Jiyong as in Kwon Jiyong? Isn’t that senior from Class A?” Howon asked.

“Uhh, yeah.” Changhyun replied.

A loud knock was suddenly heard.

“Yahh! Open the door! We know you’re all here!”

“What are we going to do?” Daniel was now panicking.

“What if we show that the students from Class A are here? Maybe they’ll go away.” Jonghyun suggested.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. He walked towards the door and opened it.

“Hello sunbaenim, do you need anything?” Sunggyu bowed.

“Sunggyu? What are doing here?” Kwon Jiyong, their so called leader asked.

“It’s that guy Chanhee’s birthday.”

“And you’re close to him?”

“We were classmates before.”

“Oh, ok. Come on guys, It’s no fun here.” Jiyong smiled at Sunggyu and left.

Sunggyu closed the door and opened the lights. Everyone was staring at him.

“Wait, you’re classmates with Chanhee?” Woohyun asked.

“It’s a long story. And prefer if we don’t talk about it.” Chanhee interrupted.

Then there was silence again.

“Wait, you were bullied and you never told me!?” Myungsoo suddenly shouted.

“Ahh, I can explain.” Byunghun replied.

 “We need to talk.”

Myungsoo suddenly stood up and dragged Byunghun outside the house.