A Friend or a Foe

For the Sake of Friendship

“B-but..” Byunghun stuttered.

“Well, you have no choice, you heard what coach said, if you refuse, you’ll get kicked out.”

“H-how can he just manipulate the principal just like that!?”

“He’s a powerful man. And the principal owes him the honor our school is receiving because of our basketball team. We’re practically the reason why our school’s popular. I think we’re responsible for almost half of the female enrollees here.” Chanyeol responded.

Byunghun looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

“I never even heard that we have a basketball team.”

“You really never heard of our team? We won all the games we played, even those in the national level. You never really heard of us even once? Our school is practically decorated with everything related to us every time we win a game. And we win a game more than twice a month. That’s like the whole year with our team’s decoration. Don’t you even walk on the hall?”

Byunghun stared at the ceiling, suddenly remembering something.

“Ah! So those decorations were about your team? I never really pay attention to what was written on it.” Byunghun replied.

“How about your friends? They never heard of us too? Or invited you to watch our game?”

“Well, we don’t really like sports.”

Chanyeol sighed, giving up on whatever chance there would be of Byunghun hearing about their team.

Byunghun just awkwardly stared at Chanyeol.

“So, the coach is really serious about that?”

“Yeah. Dead serious. Well, I guess you have to pack your things. You’ll be living with me until I recover.” Chanyeol crossed his arms and smirked.

Byunghun looked at him with wide eyes.

“What? Don’t you have parents to take care of you at home?”

“I live alone, and if you’re worried about your parents not letting you crash in, the coach probably had already prepared a letter about that matter.”

“Its fine a live alone too.”

“Good, now pack up. I’ll get discharged here tonight. I want you here before 6pm, cutie.”

 

 

Byunghun left Chanyeol’s room and sighed as soon as he closed the door. He was so frustrated. He just recently experienced a bully free high school life and now he has to take care of someone who’ll probably give him a hard time.

He took out his phone and dialed Myungsoo’s number. After a few rings, it went straight to voicemail. Byunghun just sighed.

“You’re really busy right now, huh.”

 

 

Myungsoo’s phone rang. He quickly pulled his cellphone out and just stared at the screen. Byunghun’s calling.

“Aren’t you gonna answer that?” Sunggyu said while peeking at the caller id. “Ahh, you’re still ignoring him?”

Myungsoo groaned and pushed his head back.

“It hurts. Ignoring him this way. I hate this, I don’t even know if he’s still alright. What if his bullies started bullying him again? What if he’s failing his subjects and desperately needs my help? What if he’s now crying because of me?”

“This is your choice. If you really want it, then you’ll have to face these consequences.”

“I know.”

 

 

Myungsoo rested his head on his book as he let out a frustrated groan. Ignoring Byunghun is really making him sick, he just can’t take away the heavy feeling he was feeling in his chest.

“Please just go away.” He mumbled.

“Oh, sorry, I thought this seat was empty.”

Myungsoo quickly raised his head, surprised by a sudden voice.

“Wait, Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo stared at her with wide eyes.  “Suzy?”

“Oh so it’s really you. I didn’t know you’re studying here. Anyway, is this seat taken?”

“No, I was just thinking aloud, sit.”

Suzy smiled and sat at the chair across Myungsoo. “I didn’t know you’re studying here. Back then in middle school, everyone knows you. They practically worship the ground you walk on.”

“I’m keeping a low profile right now. My life back then in middle school is not easy. Anyway, you too, you were really popular back then, Are you keeping a low profile too?”

“Yeah, it was hard for me too back then.”

Myungsoo laughed.

It was the first time he laughed again after deciding to forget Byunghun.

They talked for a long time while they finish the things they were doing before. Time passed and it was already late.

“Oh look at the time, it’s getting dark, I think I should go. How about you? Are you going back to the dormitories now?” Suzy asked as she took in all her thing in her bag.

“Oh, I didn’t even notice the time. Maybe I’ll just stay here a bit longer.” Myungsoo replied.

“Oh well, I’ll get going now. It was nice meeting you again.” Suzy bid goodbye and walked towards the exit.

Myungsoo stared at her leaving figure. It was the first time he felt happy after the whole thing about forgetting Byunghun.

Is she the one that will make me forget Byunghun? Should I give it a shot?

“It wouldn’t hurt to try right?”

Myungsoo quickly tore a piece of paper and wrote something. He stood up and ran after Suzy.

“Suzy, wait!”

Suzy stopped walking and looked back.

“Do you need anything, Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo took her hand and gave her the piece of paper he just wrote on.

“Meet me there tomorrow. I’m not taking no for an answer. Get home safe.” Myungsoo smiled and went back to his chair.

Suzy just stared at the paper Myungsoo handed with a phone number, an address of a café and a time written on it.

 

 

 

Byunghun decided to just call Chanhee instead. After a few rings, Chanhee picked up.

“Yo.”

“Chanhee, I’m in deep trouble right now.”

“Why what happened?”

“I accidentally pushed a basketball player down the stairs and now he broke his leg and their coach punished me by making me his slave.”

Chanhee didn’t answer for a few seconds.

“Chanhee!?”

“So, you’re saying that you will be the player’s slave?”

“Yeah! And I have to live with him until he recovers!”

“What do you want me to do?”

“I don’t know! But Chanhee, I’m scared. He looks like a bully. He’s so tall and he looks like he can snap my neck with those big hands!”

“Well, I can’t do anything about it, Byunghun. Just call me when you’re already dying and we will prepare your funeral. Would you like your coffin to be black or white? But cremation is popular nowadays too, would you like that?”

“Chanhee! This is a serious matter. I’m not joking!”

Byunghun heard laughter from the other line.

“You’re on loud speaker.”

“Hiiii Byunghuun!! I hope you get along well with your new master.” Byunghun heard Daniel’s speaking from the other line.

Byunghun just massaged his temples.

“Anyway, we can’t really do anything about it, Byunghun.” Minsoo’s low voice was heard.

“I know. Just, if ever he does kill me, I don’t want to be cremated, please make my coffin color pink.” Byunghun just rode along the joke. He really can’t do anything about it anymore anyway.

Laughter was heard again.

“Anyway, I have to go, my master is expecting me to be there before 6. I still have to pack.”

“Good luck and take care, bye!” Chanhee exclaimed. Then it was followed by beeps.

Byunghun smiled. At least there were people who cares for him enough to answer his calls.

______________________________________

Ke...I'm starting to like Chanyeol... And I really like ChanyeolXL.joe too... I hope you don't mind that I add little bit of them...Ok maybe a lot. I just can't help it.>.< But don't worry, I'm still sticking to the original pairing. And also, next chapter's going to be exciting, so please look forward to it!