Life and Jealousy

For the Sake of Friendship

Italic paragraphs are Myungsoo's POV and Big spaces are time skips.=)

___________________________________________________________

Life has many surprises. You’ll never know what will happen next. It’ll never leave you with something expected. Everything is just… Unexpected.

One great example is the role of Lee Byunghun in my life.

Our friendship was unexpected.

 We were at the same pre-school, and I used to be his bully. I and my friends bullied him because he was poor, friendless, and was always at the bottom of the class. The thought of me and him being friends never really crossed my mind.

Our pranks even went too far that he almost died. We knew that he was allergic to nuts, so we forced him to eat it. We didn’t know his allergy was so bad; he just fainted when we forced him to swallow the nuts.

Of course we felt bad, so we apologized to him. I was very sincere hat time. To make it up to him, I made friends with him. I was his first friend.

My other friends left me because they still didn’t like him. He became my best friend. I discovered his good traits and I learned that he was a very nice person, even better than my past friends. I learned the meaning of friendship because of him.

He taught me what true friendship is.

 

 

After Byunghun received his first love letter, Myungsoo forced him to ask the girl on a date. Their deal was that their first date has to be a double date among themselves.

The most popular girl on their school confessed to Myungsoo, and he really wanted to try dating.  But he didn’t want to break his deal with Byunghun, so he waited until Byunghun finds a girl for himself.

So when a girl finally confesses to Byunghun, he took the opportunity and forced Byunghun to start dating.

 

 

“Byunghun!”

Myungsoo called, when he spotted Byunghun and his date entering the café.

Byunghun turned his head towards Myungsoo’s direction. He walked towards them and sat at the chairs in across them.

 “Myungsoo, this is my date, Kwon Sohyun. Sohyun, this is Myungsoo, my friend.”

“Hello, Nice to meet you.” Sohyun bowed.

She was a very pretty girl. Her hair was black and long, it gave her a very innocent look. She was wearing a lacy white dress; that made her look even more innocent.

“And this Suzy, and Suzy, that’s Byunghun.”

Byunghun smiled and greeted Suzy.

“Did you guys ordered already?” Byunghun asked.

“Not yet.” Myungsoo answered.

“We should order something to eat now; it’s going to be a long day.”

 

 

Months after their double date, Byunghun asked Sohyun to be his girlfriend. Myungsoo on the other hand, didn’t like the idea of having a girlfriend yet, Suzy and him decided to just stay friends.

Byungun was head over hills to Sohyun. She was the first female to tell him she likes him. Even his own mother never told him those words.

As Byunghun and Sohyun’s relationship starts to blossom, Byunghun started to have lesser time for Myungsoo.

Before Byunghun had a girlfriend, they were very inseparable. They were always together; they never did anything without each other being on their side.

Myungsoo started to feel sad. He was not used to Byunghun being far from him.

 

 

“Hey Byunghun, I have this new video game at home. Let’s go play at home.”

“Sure, let me just fix my things.”

While Byunghun was fixing his things, his phone suddenly rang.

Hello, Sohyun?

Now?

Ok, I’ll be there.

“Myungsoo, I can’t come today, Sohyun needs me to go with her somewhere. Let’s just play it next time.”

Byunghun hurriedly left, leaving Myungsoo dumbfounded.

Byunghun never cancelled their plans. He didn’t even ever refuse on a plan before.

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. He never felt that disappointed before.

 

 

A few more weeks passed and Myungsoo never had Byunghun for himself again. Even their walks in the morning were invaded by Sohyun. It was the only time they were alone, but now Sohyun walks together with them. She also eats with them at lunch, and their walks on their way home also has Sohyun in it. Myungsoo can’t even talk to Byunghun alone. Sohyun always has to interrupt.

 

 

“Byunghun, K.will’s latest single came out today, want to check it out on the record bar later?”

“Ok.”

“You like K.will? I like him too, his song are so great.” Sohyun interrupted.

“Yeah, Myungsoo and I liked him ever since he debuted.” Byunghun answered.

“Can I come to the record bar later? I want to check his new single too.”

Myungsoo was just about to say no, but Byunghun beat him to it and answered;

“Of course, you don’t have to ask.”

Myungsoo just faked a smile.

 

Jealousy.

An act of being unhappy because you want what somebody else has.

Everybody in this world experience jealousy. It’s something that is hard to avoid because it comes without a warning.

You just suddenly feel it. It won’t even give you time to think if you should be jealous or not, it will just suddenly pop out. Sometimes, you wouldn’t even know that what you’re feeling is jealousy already.

Being jealous on something is a very unpleasant feeling. It’s something wrong so you’ll feel guilty every time you feel it. To add more gas to the fire, it doesn’t disappear quickly too. It will only disappear once you found something better than the thing you’re jealous at, and be jealous again.

I hate to admit it, but no matter how much I deny it, I knew that what I’m feeling right now is jealousy.

Jealous of Sohyun, because she’s more important to Byunghun now.

.

.

.

But can friends be jealous at friends?

 

__________________________________

Woohoo!! Chapter 2!! I kinda changed my writing style, I hope you guys don't mind=)