Giving Up

For the Sake of Friendship

Why did I have to start loving you?

Why? I was happy being friends with you, why didn’t I settle for that? Why can’t I just forget about these stupid feelings for you? Why did you have to be the one?

I made an excuse of an upset stomach and quickly ran away from Byunghun. I just can’t let him see me in this state. 

All my hopes that someday, he might have feelings for me are gone. He’s not even gay! And I don’t think he will be anytime sooner. Look how he got so upset when Chanhee joked about liking him. He got really bothered just by a joke.

Should I just give up? I will never have chance with him anyway. He’s never going to love me back. The only thing I’ll receive back from him is….

Friendship.

“Myungsoo?” Sunggyu called Myungsoo after seeing him sitting on the sand of the beach.

Myungsoo looked up with tear stains on his face.

“What happened to you?” Sunggyu asked and sat beside Myungsoo.

“Why your eyes are red?” Myungsoo asked after seeing Sunggyu with the same red puffy eyes.

Sunggyu sighed.

“It’s Byunghun right? What happened again?”

Myungsoo nodded.

“I think I should just give up.”

Sunggyu frowned.

“What happened to Byunghun, you’re not answering my question.”

“Chanhee joked about liking him. And he told me he got upset over it. It was just a joke, but it bothered him a lot. What if I told him my true feelings? How upset and bothered will he be?”

Myungsoo lowered his head and cried some more.

“How about you, what happened to you?” Myungsoo asked.

“Chanhee tried to talk and explain to me. But I let my pride take over. I didn’t even let him explain. I even hurt his feelings more by throwing some vile words.”

Myungsoo looked at him.

“Why don’t you just apologize now?”


“I think he’s mad at me now. I don’t know if he’ll ever forgive me.”

“At least you still have chance on him. While I’m here acting stupidly, still hoping that an impossible dream will come true.”

Sunggyu patted Myungsoo’s back.

“Don’t worry. He’s not the last guy in the world. You’ll fall in love again.”

Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu and stared at his eyes.

Sunggyu was looking directly into Myungsoo’s eyes too.

Sunggyu started to lean closer to Myungsoo, aiming for his lips.

Just when their lips were only a few centimeter apart…

“Dude what’s wrong with you!?” Myungsoo screamed.

Sunggyu laughed so hard that he fell on the sand.

“Sorry, I was just kidding. I thought it’ll make you feel better.”

Myungsoo laughed.

“Thanks.”

 

 

 

After a few more rounds, Minsoo gave up on the game and went out for walk. He didn’t expect for this to happen. He thought that they’ll have fun under the sun, playing in the clear blue water. But everything he planned went downhill when the thunder roared so loud, it made Chnghyun cry.

He sighed and continued walking until he found Chanhee, sitting on the floor, with his arms covering his face.

“Chanhee…”

“Leave me alone.”

Minsoo sighed and sat beside Chanhee.

“Can’t you at least be happy on my birthday?”

Chanhee didn’t respond, he didn’t even bother to look at Minsoo.

“Why do you always have to be so sad?”
Minsoo patted Chanhee’s hair and begun stoking it.

“I’ll make you happy if you just give me chance.”

 

 

 

When Byunghun went back to their room, everyone was already asleep. He went to his bed carefully, trying not to step on anyone. When he was already lying on his bed, exhaustion took over him and he immediately fell asleep.

Shortly, Sunggyu and Myungsoo entered the room, laughing. Myungsoo got a little bit better after Sunggyu’s little joke.

Their laughter died as soon as Sunggyu spotted Chanhee sleeping beside Minsoo, with his head buried on Minsoo’s chest.

Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu and dragged him away.

“Don’t look.”

Myungsoo and Sunggyu found a spot to lay on and tried to fall asleep.

Sunggyu started to cry quietly.

Myungsoo didn’t know what to do. He thought it’s going to be better if he just let Sunggyu cry out his feelings.

He ly to find out that he was sleeping beside Byunghun. He didn’t notice that it was him because Byunghun was facing the other way, hiding his face, it was dark so he didn’t see his hair color.

Myungsoo Byunghun’s hair as tears started to fall from his eyes.

“I guess I’ll just give up.”

I’ll forget about you someday….

Lee byunghun.

 

__________________________

Oh gawd. I know it's a very late update, but here it is. I'm really sorry, my first college semsester just started a few months ago and I got really busy. I lost my inspiration again, and it took me a while to get it back. Anyway, I hope someone's still reading this, and enjoy! Also, I'm going to introduce an important chracter next chapter...Try to guess whe he is.XD (Someone call the doctor....) *hints* *hints* 

ps. Don't give up on Myungsoo yet, it's not gonna end this fastXD