Hurts

For the Sake of Friendship

“So now what are we going to do here?” Byunghun asked as Chanyeol dragged him towards the mall.

“Have fun!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “I really think that we’ll have lots of fun together. The ride was already sooo fun!”

Byunghun rolled his eyes. Chanyeol was so fascinated with everything in the bus. He was just like a child.

“Well, I’m supposed to take care of you, not be friends with you.”

Chanyeol stopped and looked at Byunghun.

“You mean we’re still not friends yet?”

Byunghun looked up at Chanyeol and frowned.

“Are we?” 

“Oh come on! We. Are. Friends. Do you want a ceremony commemorating the start of our friendship?”

“Sure.” Byunghun replied without thinking. He immediately regretted his answer after seeing Chanyeol’s smirk.

“Take your hand out.”

“Wha-“

“Just take it out!”

Byunghun just took his hand out and shoved it to Chanyeol.

“There, what do you want me to do with it?”

“Spit on it.” Chanyeol replied while spitting on his own hand.

“What are you doing?!” Byunghun frowned.

“Spit on your hand, and we’ll shake hands. It’s like exchanging saliva, to commemorate our friendship. Like kissing, but with no lips, involved.”

Byunghun just continued to stare at Chanyeol like he grew another head.

“I’m not doing this.” Byunghun replied.

“Well, do you want to kiss instead?” Chanyeol grabbed Byunghun’s neck with his clean hand and pulled him closer. Unfortunately or fortunately for Byunghun, Byunghun immediately pulled away.

“Fine! I’ll spit! I’ll spit.” Byunghun spitted on his hand.

“Good. Now let’s shake.” Chanyeol offered his hand with saliva for a handshake.

“This is so disgusting.” Byunghun rolled his eyes but still took Chanyeol’s hand.

“As I, Park Chanyeol and Lee Byunghun exchange saliva by shaking our hands, promise to recognize Byunghun as a friend. I promise to look after him no matter what circumstances he’s in.” Chanyeol smiled widely at Byunghun. “Now say something like that to me too.”

“Fine. I, Lee Byunghun, now officially recognizes Park Chanyeol as a friend. I promise take care of him not just because of this stupid special detention. I promise to not get angry whenever he annoys me as hell.” Byunghun replied, looking at Chanyeol with the same weird expression.

“Great! Now we’re officially friends.” Chanyeol didn’t let go of Byunghun’s hands.

“Now, let go of my hand! I need to wash it.” Byunghun exclaimed, trying to get out of Chanyeol’s hold.

Chnayeol chuckled and let go of Byunghun’s hand.

Byunghun immediately ran towards the nearest comfort room. Chanyeol just smiled and followed Byunghun.

 

 

 

Sunggyu sat across Minsoo awkwardly. After Minsoo let him in, they sat awkwardly across each other without saying anything. Minsoo was just sketching something on his sketchpad, while Sunggyu stared at him, trying to make a conversation.

“Stop staring at me. What do you want from Chanhee anyway? I can just pass it to him if you want.” Minsoo suddenly spoke without even looking at Sunggyu.

 Sunngyu’s eyes widened.

“Actually, I don’t know. I was just strolling around, and I just suddenly found myself standing outside.”

Minsoo stopped drawing and looked at Sunggyu with one eyebrow raised.

“Then you can leave.” Minsoo looked back at his sketchpad and started drawing again.

Sunggyu sighed. There is no point of staying anyway.

He stood up and headed toward the door. On his way, he slightly saw what Minsoo was drawing. Chanhee’s face.

“Actullally, I think I’ll stay.” Sunggyu went back to his chair and sat. “To talk to you.”

Minsoo looked up and stared at Sunggyu. He dropped his pencil and crossed his arms. “Ok, go on.”

“What’s your relationship with Chanhee?” Sunggyu asked with his eyes hard on Minsoo.

“I don’t think it’s your business.” Minsoo replied, returning the glare.

“Chanhee is still my business.”

Minsoo smorted. “I don’t think so. If I remembered correctly, you broke up with him.”

“And you’re his boyfriend now?” Sunggyu replied.

“Yes. Does that make you happy?” Minsoo smirked, looking directly at Sunggyu’s eyes, waiting for a reaction.

Sunngyu laughed. Minsoo’s smirk fell and just stared at Sunggyu.

“Well, another man’s trash is another man’s treasure right?”

Sunggyu stood up and punched Minsoo in the face. They fell in the floor with Sunggyu on top of Minsoo. He threw another punch directly on Minsoo’s cheek. Minsoo tried to grab on Sunggyu’s collar to change their position, but he didn’t succeed because Sunggyu was stronger. Sunggyu threw another punch on Minsoo’s nose. Minsoo kicked Sunggyu’s shin, making his hold weaker. Minsoo took the chance and scrambled away from Sunggyu.

“Dude, I don’t want to fight. What’s your problem?!” Minsoo screamed.

Sunggyu just looked at Minsoo ‘s bloody face.

“Look Sunggyu, he’s not my boyfriend ok?” Minsoo panted. “Although I wish I was.” Minsoo mumbled, almost inaudible.

“What?” Sunggyu stood up and sat on the chair. “I’m sorry, I got carried away.”

Minsoo stood up went straight to the first aid kit.

“You know what, he actually still loves you.  He cries every night, calling out your name, apologizing for what he did. It hurts me so much to see him like that. I tried everything to make him happy, but everything is not enough. I love him so much, and I’ll do everything to make him happy. Even giving him to you.” Minsoo smiled bitterly. “It hurts me so much to know that I won’t win no matter what I do. Even though I know that I can do so much better than you. Even if I’m the one who will never make him cry, he will always ignore that fact and continue loving you. I hated you a lot. It’s so unfair. I was the one who was always there for him, then you show up, hurt him even more, then you still win the prize.” Minsoo’s tears fell. He was trying so hard not to cry but everything just went out. “Please just leave.” Minsoo said without looking at Sunngyu.

Sunggyu stared at Minsoo feeling guilty. He just stood up, walked towards the door and was surprised by a person staring at him with wide eyes

“What are you doing here?” Chanhee was staring at Sunggyu, with his grocery bags falling from his hands.

Sunggyu stared at Chanhee surprised by his presence. “Let me explain.” Sunggyun tried to grab Chanhee’s hand but Chanhee quickly flinched and went pass him to go to Minsoo’s side.

“Minsoo are you ok?” Chanhee took out things from the first aid kit and started mending Minsoo’s wounds. Minsoo grabbed his hand to stop him from doing so.

“Go and explain to him now.” Minsoo smiled bitterly and tucked Chanhee’s hair on his ear. “He’ll listen to you now.”

Chanhee stared at Minsoo with wide eyes.

“Minsoo…”

“Just go, I’ll be alright, what’s important to me is that you’re happy.”

Chanhee turnerd his head to look at Sunggyu. He smiled at Minsoo and stood up to walk towards Sunggyu. Maybe this time, it’ll work.

 

 

 

After Byunghun washed his hands for the nth time, Chanyeol finally succeeded in persuading him to get out of the comfort room.

“Now what do you want me to do?!” Byunghun shouted at Chanyeol’s ear.

Chanyeol quickly covered his ears. “Relax, how about we go seat in this coffee shop that I know, the make really good cheesecake.”

“I’m not really hungry.”

“Oh come on, it tastes like heaven!” Chanyeol was already walking towards the said coffee shop.

“Fine! You’re the boss anyway, why bother asking me?”

“Because you’re my friend now.”

Byunghun scoffed and just followed Chanyeol.

 They entered the café and was immediately welcomed by the strong aroma of coffee. Byunghun froze, it was the same coffee shop where he had a double date with Myungsoo.

“Is something wrong?” Chanyeol asked, noticing Byunghun’s sudden change of expression.

“N-nothing, so what do I order?” Byunghun followed Chanyeol as he sat at a table beside the window.

“Just the cheesecake and black coffee, also order something for yourself.” Chanyeol handed him some money and went to the counter.

After ordering, he went back to their table with their orders in a tray. He sat across Chanyeol and lowered his head. This place was making him remember Myungsoo more. He remembered Sohyun, and how she tried to break his friendship with Myungsoo. He smiled bitterly and tasted the cheesecake that he ordered. He used to really like that, but now, it just tasted dull.

“Mmmm, this is so nice.” Chanyeol exclaimed while almost inhaling the whole cheesecake.

“Careful, you might choke.”

“But this is really good, don’t you like it?”

Byunghun just smiled. It was good, but his feelings are already affecting his senses. For a moment he also thought he heard Myungsso’s laugh.

“It’s fine.”

Loud laughter from a couple walking towards the door interrupted them. Byunghun looked towards the couple and his eyes widened.

“Myungsoo.”

Byunghun just continued to stare at the couple as they went out of the coffee shop.

“Byunhun are you ok?” Chanyeol asked, suddenly confused.

Byunghun didn’t reply and just stared at his coffee.

“Byunghun?” Chanyeol called again.

Byunghun’s tears suddenly fell. Just moments ago, Byunghun was so happy.

“Umm.” Chnayeol grabbed a tissue form the table and wiped Byunghun’s tears. “What happened?” Chanyeol tried to ask again.

People are now starting to stare at them, glaring at Chanyeol, thinking he was the one who made Byunghun cry.

“Hey, people are now staring. Byunghun?”

Byunghun just continued to cry harder. Chanyeol didn’t know what to do anymore. So he just grabbed Byunghun’s head and pulled him closer to kiss his forehead.

Byunghun’s eyes widened. He was so shocked he didn’t push Chanyeol away.

What they didn’t know was a certain friend staring at them through the window.

________________________

Whoo...Update! Enjoy~