The past and the present

For the Sake of Friendship

Myungsoo ended the call. He locked it and put it back to his pocket.

“Myungsoo! Faster!”

“Coming!”

Myungsoo ran towards where Sunggyu’s voice was coming from.

“Where are you?” Myungsoo shouted.

“In the laundry room.”

He ran towards the laundry room and found Sunggyu staring at the washing machine.

“Myungsoo, I really can’t figure this out. Help me.” Sunggyu pointed at the washing machine. “Woohyun’s not here. He can’t wash my clothes.”

Myungsoo chuckled and started operating the washing machine.

“You must be really rich. You don’t even know how to operate a washing machine. You’re parents must’ve not let you do anything at home.”

“They told me to study.”

Myungsoo laughed. He suddenly remembered what Byunghun said about Chanhee.

“Hey, you’re close to Chanhee right?”

Sunggyu’s expression suddenly changed.

“Yeah. Why are suddenly interested?”

“Byunghun said his close to him. I just got curious about him.”

“Ohh, someone’s jealous.” Sunggyu smirked.

Myungsoo’s friends knew about his feelings for Byunghun. They asked him about it and Myungsoo didn’t deny it. They accepted him for who he is.

Myungsoo just smiled.

“Anyway, Byunghun said his the closest to Chanhee. So, is he a good person?”

“I guess so?”

Myungsoo frowned.

“What does that mean?”

“It depends.”

“Huh? What’s your problem with Chanhee? Did he do something to you before?”

“Oh, he did horrible things to me.”

“Care to tell me the whole story? Your laundry might take a long time. I know you don’t know what to do after this finishes.”

Sunggyun smiled. “Ok.”

“Chanhee and I were classmates before in kindergarten. We were rivals; we fought for the number one. I don’t know what happened but we suddenly became friends. We became really really close.”

“Wait, if the two of you fought for the number one, then why is he in class F?”

“Let me finish.”

Myungsoo nodded.

“So as I was saying, we became really close. Like you said, I’m very very rich and he was poor. My parents wanted me to transfer to a prestigious middle school, but I forced them to let me study with Chanhee in a public middle school. My parents didn’t like my friendship with Chanhee because his poor. My parents think Chanhee’s just being friends with me because of my money. But I knew better. He didn’t even know I was rich until middle school. He became friends with me without knowing about my social status. Then around the 7th year of middle school, I started to feel something different for him. I started to love him. I confessed my feelings, and he accepted it. He said that he felt the same way too. We hid it from everyone because we knew that they won’t take it well. My parents wouldn’t like that too. Then one day, I started to notice that the money in my wallet started to decrease without my knowledge. Of course I never suspected Chanhee. I trusted him a lot. Then I caught him getting money from my wallet. I didn’t confront him about it. I didn’t tell him that I knew because I don’t want to lose him. Then I just saw him kissing another guy, a guy that’s old enough to be his father. I got angry and started calling him names. I broke up with him, and he didn’t even seem guilty about it. Then the next day, the teachers said he already transferred to another school. I don’t know what happened to him after that. We just saw each other again in the entrance exam. I think he purposely failed the exam so he wouldn’t be at the same class with me.”

Myungsoo continued to look at Sunggyu. He looked so sad.

“Did you ever hear his side of the story?”

Sunggyu shook his head.

“He never explained. He just left me.”

“I’m sure he did it for a reason.”

Sunggyu just smiled bitterly.

“But you still love him right? Despite everything he did.”

Sunggyu nodded.

“I know I’m stupid for still loving somebody like him. But I just can’t stop it. No matter how much I tell myself that I should hate him, I still end up thinking about him, how amazing he is, how he makes me smile. I just can’t stop loving him.”

The washing machine suddenly beeped. The two looked at it and Myungsso hurriedly ran towards it and took out Sunggyu’s clothes.

“Thanks for sharing.” Myungsoo said as he folded the clothes.

“Take that as a payment for the laundry.” Sunggyu smiled.

 

 

Months passed and Myungsoo became more and more irritated towards Chanhee. Byunghun keeps telling him stories about his adventures with Chanhee. Byunghun was too close to Chanhee. Too close for Myungsoo’s liking.

Byunghun even got far as to bringing Chanhee to his father. He cursed himself for being busy that day, and Byunghun had no other choice but to bring Chanhee with him.

Myungsoo was so scared of Chanhee. What if Chanhee confesses to Byunghun? What if he accepts him?

Myungsoo wouldn’t forgive himself if Byunghun and Chanhee suddenly becomes more than friends.

Sunggyu wouldn’t also like that.

Myungsoo’s phone suddenly rung, interrupting his thoughts. The screen flashed Byunghun’s picture and he immediately smiled.

“Hello Byunghun?”

“Myungsoo, are you busy this weekend?"

"Umm, no. The exams just finished, we're not that busy."

"My friends and I are going to the beach this weekend. It's also Minsoo's birthday and we'll be celebratong it there. If your other friends are not busy, they could come too."

"Ok, I'll ask them."

"It'll be fun. Anyway, got to go. I'll just text you the meeting time and place.”

"Ok."

Myungsoo ended the call and smirked. Its his chance to show Chanhee that Byunghun is his.

____________________________

Haha, update=D Anyway I have to do the Chanhee-Sunggyu pairing for the story line...sorry if it bothers you...