Deal

For the Sake of Friendship

Byunghun woke up with his phone on his hands. He sighed and just at up, regretting his voicemail for Myungsoo. “Now, I’m making him feel guilty.”

He stood up and was surprised to see Chanyeol leaning at his room’s doorframe staring at him.

“Ch-chanyeol. You’re up.”

Chanyeol just smiled and limped towards Byunghun to pull him for a hug.

“I heard you crying last night. Is there a problem? Is it about me?”

Byunghun remembered the reason for his tears and just cried at Chanyeol’s chest.

“N-no.”

Chanyeol just stoked Byunghun’s hair.

“It’s ok to cry. It’s going to be ok Byunghun, whatever it is.”

 

 

 

“I think my best friend is breaking up with me.” Byunghun replied.

After Byunghun calmed down and stopped crying, they sat on the coach with a cup of coffee in their hands. After a long time of Chanyeol soothing and trying to get an answer form Byunghun, Byunghun finally gave in and told him about Myungsoo.

“But he’s just your friend, friends break up all the time, and usually they don’t even realize that they’re already falling apart. You just wake up one day and realize that you’re not as close to him as you did yesterday.”

“But Myungsoo is different! He wouldn’t just shut me away without a good reason. We’ve been friends for a very long time and this never happened.”

“Maybe you did something he didn’t like. Or maybe you said something that hurt him.”

“It was just fine between us before our trip. Then he went home and suddenly decided to ignore me. I swear, I didn’t do anything he wouldn’t like!”

“It’ll be fine, maybe he’s just too busy. You’re just friends. To him, everything is not about you. He has his own things to take care of.” Chanyeol patted Byunghun’s back and reassuringly smiled at him.

“I’m just really hurt.” Byunghun looked down and just stared at his coffee.

Chanyeol just looked at him and smirked.

“You shouldn’t be hurt like that. Could it be, that you’re in love with Myungsoo? Romantically?”

Byunghun quickly looked up at Chanyeol and furrowed his eyebrows.

“No! He’s my best friend! I love him as a friend. Stop joking, I’m serious right here.”

Chanyeol chuckled.

Byunghun just hit him in the arm.

“Hey, you’re supposed to take care of me right.” Chanyeol smiled and rubbed the spot that Byunghun hit.

Byunghun stood up without even looking at Chanyeol.

“I’m making breakfast.”

Chanyeol just giggled.

“Don’t put poison in it! People will know you did it if you’re planning on poisoning me in my own house!”

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo woke up and stared at the phone in his hands.  

“Byunghun…”

His phone suddenly vibrated. He looked at it and saw that there was a text message from an unknown number.

Hey, Myungsoo. It’s Suzy. I’m looking forward on meeting you today^.^

Myungsoo just smiled bitterly. He just have to do this.

“Alright Myungsoo. You can do it.”

 

 

 

Byunghun just awkwardly stared at Chanyeol as they stood at the entrance of the building.

Chanyeol just awkwardly smiled.

“You forced me to dress up and dragged me out just so we can stare awkwardly at each other?” Byunghun snorted. “We can do this inside your unit too, you know?”

Chanyeol just continued smiling uncomfortably. And looked at Byunghun like he was trying to tell him something important with his eyes.

“Well, what are we doing here outside!?” Byunghun almost screamed.

“Umm, how do we ride a bus? Do we wave our hands when a bus comes near us, and they’d stop? Or do we need to call out a specific yell?” Chanyeol asked with a serious expression.

Byunghun suddenly laughed.

“You don’t know how to ride a bus?” Byunghun said in between his laugh.

“I-I have a car! Why would I need to know how to ride a bus!? And I can’t let you drive again! I don’t really have any choice right now.”

“I’m sorry but this is just too funny. I never met a person who doesn’t know how to ride a bus.” Byunghun continued to laugh.

“S-stop laughing!”

“Where are we going to go anyway?” Byunghun breathed finally gaining his composure from his outburst.

“To the mall.” Chanyeol replied, looking embarrassed.

“Oh, I know where it is. And you ride bus on a bus stop. You can’t ride it unless you’re there.” Byunghun chuckled as he walked towards the nearest bus stop.

 

 

 

Myungsoo arrived at the café that he had written on the note that he gave to Suzy. He sat at one of the tables and waited for her to come in. After a few minutes, Suzy came in, wearing a floral dress which made her even prettier. Myungsoo stood up and waved at her direction.

She scanned the café and immediately found Myungsoo. She waved back and walked towards Myungsoo.

“We’re you waiting for a long time?” Suzy asked as she sat across Myungsoo.

“No, just a few hours.”

Suzy looked at him and frowned.

“Nah, just kidding.” Myungsoo chuckled. “Anyway, what would you like to eat?”

“Just coffee.” Suzy replied.

“Really? Just that? I heard, their cheesecake is amazing here.”

Suzy looked at him with wide eyes.

“Cheesecake?”

“Cheesecake.” Myungsoo nodded.

“Ok. Then I’ll have a slice.”

Myungsoo smiled and walked towards the counter to order something. After a few minutes later, he came back with their orders.

“This is where we had our date before right?” Suzy asked.

Myungsoo nodded. “That’s why I remembered that their cheesecake here was amazing.”

Suzy playfully hit Myungsoo’s arm.

“Did you like me that much back then, you remembered what we ordered?”

Myungsoo just laughed.

Yeah, I remembered because I was with Byunghun. Byunghun liked the cheesecake here.

“We were with your friend Byunghun back then right? And he was with Sohyun?” Suzy followed up.

Myungsoo’s heart clenched, hearing the statement ‘Your friend Byunghun’.

“Y-yeah.” Myungsoo replied, trying to hide his sudden mood swing, praying that Suzy won’t try to make their conversation about Byunghun.

 “So are you still friends with him?”

Myungsoo smiled awkwardly. He was getting more and more uncomfortable with their topic. He was there to forget about Byunghun, and here they are, talking about Byunghun.

“Yeah, he goes to our school too. Although we’re at different sections, we still find time for each other.”

I’m trying really hard right now to end that friendship.

“Ohh, that’s nice. I really admire your friendship with Byunghun. I actually thought you have other feelings for Byunghun back then when were on our date. You didn’t even pay attention to me. You just kept on glaring at Sohyun when she was not looking. But that not possible right? Silly me.” Suzy said, looking straight at Myungsoo’s eyes.

Myungsoo froze. He smile suddenly fell as he looked at Suzy with wide eyes.

What is this woman!? Can she read my mind or something!?

Suzy smirked.

“You still love him now right?”

Myungsoo looked down and stared at his coffee.

“H-how did you know?”

“It was easy to figure out. The way you looked at Byunghun was different.”

“But I didn’t even know I was in love with him back then when we were dating.”

“It’s called woman’s intuition.” Suzy pointed at her head. “All girls have it.”

“Then how did you know that I still love him right now. We haven’t met for a long time, my feelings could have gone away you know.”

“You reacted when I told you that I thought you were in love with him. It’s easy to read your expressions.”

Myungsoo sighed. Girls are scary.

“I’m sorry, you probably figured out right now that I just asked you to date me because I want to forget about him.”

Suzy just smiled.

“It’s ok. How about we make a deal. I’ll give you a month. I’ll ask you again if you still have feelings for Byunghun after exactly one month. If you still have feelings for him after a month, then we’ll promise each other that we won’t date again, and if you forget about him, then maybe we can try to work things out. From now, until the end of our agreement, I will not mention anything about Byunghun. And don’t try to lie, I will know if you’re lying.” Suzy smiled. But Myungsoo could see the disappointment in her eyes.

“Are you sure? Doesn’t that hurt your pride or something?”

“Don’t worry. I’ll try not to fall in love.” Suzy chuckled.

Myungsoo smiled and offer his hand for a handshake. “Deal?”

Suzy took his hand and smiled.

“Deal.”

 

 

 

Sunggyu was already standing outside Chanhee’s house for almost thirty minutes. He just stood and stared at the door. Sometimes, raising his hands to ring the doorbell but immediately stopping before he could press it.

“This is stupid.” Sunggyu mumbled.

He didn’t even know why he was standing outside Chanhee’s house. Last time he checked, he hated him to the bones. Maybe it was guilt, maybe he just wanted to apologize for the hurtful words he said. Maybe it was hate; that he just wanted to beat the crap out of Chanhee. Or maybe he was just wanted an explanation, maybe he was ready now to hear it from Chanhee. He didn’t know. He just found himself sanding by the door, staring at it like it was a spaceship or something.

“Forget it.” He turned back only to find Minsoo staring at him. He stepped back, surprised by the other man’s sudden appearance.

“You scared me!”

Minsoo looked away and walked past Sunggyu.

“Why are you here? Chanhee’s not home. Do you need anything from him?” Minsoo took out some keys from his pocket and unlocked Chanhee’s door. Sunggyu frowned at the fact that Minsoo had keys to Chanhee’s house.

Minsoo went in and left the door open. He looked back when he noticed that Sunggyu was not following him. “Aren’t you gonna come in. If you want anything from Chanhee, you can wait here inside.”

Sunggyu started at Minsoo and decided to just go in. Maybe his feet took him there because he wanted an explanation. Maybe Minsoo could be the one to tell the story.

__________________

Whoo, update! Please enjoy=)