Hatred

For the Sake of Friendship

Impossible.

This can't be love. He's my friend and I shouldn't be in love with him. And I'm not gay, I've never been attracted to a boy before.

But why did my heart hurt when I saw the two of them kiss? Why am I jealous of them? Why am I questioning myself if my feelings for him is friendship or not? If this is really friendship, then I shouldn't be mistaking this for love.

Am I in love? Is this love?

 

 

"Myungsoo, Sohyun forgave me because of the flowers."

"Really? That's great." Myungsoo replied. After he saw the kissed, he ran and cried his eyes out. He was still not sure of his feelings for Byunghun but he was really hurt.

"Anyway, why are your eyes so red? Did you cry?"

"No. It's just the dust, it went in my eyes."

"Oh, be careful next time."

Myungsoo just smiled.

"I should go now."

"Ehh? I was going to ask you out for dinner. I haven't thanked you properly yet."

"It's ok, I still need to study."

"Oh, ok. See you tomorrow.

Myungsoo forced a smile and slowly walked away.

 

 

Myungsoo tried to distance himself from Byunghun. He was still not sure of his feelings for Byunghun and he thinks it's the best to stay away from him for a while. Of course Byunghun noticed that Myungsoo was trying to avoid him, but when Byunghun asked him about it, he made their coming examination as an excuse.

 

 

In order to avoid Byunghun, Myungsoo had been spending his time in the library. Byunghun hates that place, and he was sure Byunghun wouldn't try to go in there.

"Myungsoo, is this sit taken?"

Myungsoo looked up from his book and saw Sohyun pointing at the chair across him.

Myungsoo just nodded and returned to reading his book.

"Where's Byunghun, why aren't you with him?" Myungsoo asked Sohyun without his sight leaving his book.

"Byunhun is in detention right now. He kind of pissed the son of the principal."

Myungsoo looked at Sohyun.

"Is he ok? Where is he right now?"

"I think he's cleaning the principal's office."

Myungsoo sighed and continued reading his book.

While reading his book, he noticed that Sohyun was throwing him weird glances. He even caught her staring at one time.

Myungsoo was so uncomfortable with her, so he decided to leave.

 

 

While Myungsoo was walking towards his classroom, he suddenly heard Sohyun's voice coming out of the girl's comfort room. He got curious so he listened.

"Girls, Myungsoo and I were together in the library a while ago. I told you, my plan would work."

"How sure are you that he's going to like you?" Another voice from inside asked.

"He's going to like me. Byunghun's detention will last for a week, and I'm going to use that time to make Myungsoo fall for me. If I need more time, then I'm just going to make Byunghun serve detention again." Sohyun anwered.

"Finally, you're going to stop dating that disgusting Byunghun." Another voice said.

He heard Sohyun's laugh.

"I even got far as to kissing him. Ugh, I don't want to remember, it's so disgusting."

"EWW." The other girls responded.

Myungsoo can't listen anymore. He felt so angry. He rushed towards their classroom and dragged Byunghun out.

"You should break up with your girlfriend, she's just tricking you."

Byunghun just stared at Myungsoo.

"What are you talking about?" Byunghun asked Myungsoo.

"I heard her chatting with her friends. And she's just using you for her plan."

"What plan?"

Myungsoo looked away.

"I can't tell you."

"Why?"

"Ask her yourself."

Byunghun grabbed his phone and called Sohyun.

"Sohyun, we need to talk."

 

 

"Byunghun what happened!?"

Myungsoo continuously knocked on Byunghun's door. He went to Byunghun's place to check Byunghun, but he wouldn't open the door. He tried calling him multiple times, but he didn't answer.

"Byunghun, open the door!"

Myungsoo sighed and lifted the flower pot near the door. It was the place where Byunghun hides his spare key. Myungsoo opened the door and saw Byunghun sitting on the floor, crying.

He walked toward Byunghun and sat beside him.

"Go away." Byunghun didn't even glance at Myungsoo, upon his arrival.

"Are you mad?"

Byunghun finally looked at him with hatred in his eyes.

"Yes. I know that I shouldn't be, but I just can't help but feel angry. I know that it's not your fault that she likes you, that everybody likes you! I accepted the fact that you're better than me in everything, but why must you still take away the only person who made me realized that I'm not worthless, that someone else can still love me? I know it's not your fault, and I'm sorry if I'm blaming everything on you. Just please don't talk to me yet, I still can't. Just please go away!"

Myungsoo had never saw Byunghun that angry before. He thought that it's better to let Byunghun think first, so he stood up and walked towards the door.

Before going out, he looked at Byunghun.

"I'm sorry."

 

Now he hates me.

All I did was save him from the hands of that evil girl. She was just using him! Why must he hate me? I didn't do anything wrong. He should hate her, not me. I didn't do anything wrong.

I don't even want to think about my real feelings for him right now, all I want is our friendship back.

________________________________

hmmm... dunno what to say...