Voice Mail

For the Sake of Friendship

Byunghun arrived at the hospital with his things. He found Chanyeol standing with the help of his crutches at the entrance, waiting for him.

“I-I thought the time you’ll get discharge was 6? It’s only half past 5.”

“The doctor discharged me early.”

“You should have waited inside, what if you catch a cold or something.”

Chanyeol smirked and poked Byunghun’s side.

“Are you worried about me? Aww, our cute little Byunghun is already falling for me. I haven’t even started.”

Byunghun just glared.

“Shut up. If you get a cold, your injury might take more time to recover, and it means longer time with you for me!”

Chanyeol giggled and pinched Byunghun’s cheek.

“You’re so cute when you glare.”

Byunghun just continued to glare. “Anyway, how are we going to get to you house. Do you want me to call a cab or something?”

Chanyeol fished out his keys from his pocket and gave it to Byunghun.

“My car is parked right there, let’s go.”

Chanyeol let Byunghun hold one of his crutches and wrapped his arm around Byunghun’s shoulder for support to drag him towards a red sports car.

“You can drive right?”

Byunghun froze.

“Uhh. A bit?”

Byunghun tried to drive one time and the result was not any close to desirable. He drove once with his father and Myungsoo, and both got so dizzy they vomited in the car. Right inside. He didn’t even know how he got his driver’s license.

Chanyeol, pushed him inside and he landed on the driver’s seat. Chanyeol sat on the passenger seat and waited for Byunghun to start.

“Well, Byunghun you know how to drive right?”

“Umm, I know how, but I don’t think this is a good idea. And I don’t even know where you live.”

Byunghun was already praying for the god of luck to save him from this. He didn’t want to make Chanyeol anymore sick and he was scared as that he might destroy this expensive looking car.

“Well, you have no choice.” Chnayeol pointed at his injured leg. “And just follow the directions there.” Chanyeol pointed at the small screen attached.

Byunghun looked at Chanyeol like he was asking him to save him form death himself. Chanyeol looked back, waiting for Byunghun to just start the car. Byunghun took a deep breath and turned the key.

“Well, don’t blame me if your car gets covered with vomit. And if it gets a scratch. Or two. Or more.”

Chanyeol eyes widened.

“Wait!” Chanyeol almost screamed.

But it was too late. Byunghun was already driving. He was driving so fast, he didn’t even hear Chanyeol’s scream. After a lot of overtakes, near death experiences from people crossing, some parked cars that almost got hit, and few animals that almost got squashed if not for their extreme luck, Byunghun finally hit the break when he parked Chanyeol’s car.

“Finally! I was beginning to think you don’t know how to stop!” Chanyeol suddenly felt bile rising form his stomach. “I think I’m sick.”

He quickly grabbed a plastic bag laying in the car and vomited.

Byunghun quickly looked at Chanyeol worriedly and patted his back.

“There there. I told you, it was not a good idea.”

Byunghun handed Chanyeol a handkerchief once he stopped vomiting.

“I’m not letting you drive ever again!”

“But you were the one who told me to drive.”

Chanyeol just wiped his mouth.

“My house keys are together with my car keys. Let’s just go in.”

Byunghun sighed and pulled out the keys and his bag.

 

 

 

“You’re back late.” Sunggyu stated without looking at Myungsoo once he heard the door closed.

“I got carried away reading in the library.” Myungsoo replied and sat across Sunggyu.

Sunngyu looked up and saw Myungsoo smiling.

“What happened? You look happy.”

Myungsoo just snorted.

“Can’t I be happy?”

“Well, ever since the Byunghun thing, you never really smiled again. So what happened?”

“Well, I think I just found the right person to make me forget Byunghun.”

Sunggyu stared at Myungsoo with one eyebrow raised.

“Just be careful, you know there’re only a few chances that this might work. Rebound is tricky thing to play with.”

“I know. I’ll be careful.”

 

 

 

Byunghun followed Chanyeol inside a huge building. They went inside an elevator and Chanyeol pressed the number 88.

“You’re unit is so high.”

“I like the view.”

“What if the power suddenly went out? You’ll have to use the stairs.”

“I know, I actually usually take the stairs when I’m not, you know.” Chanyeol pointed at his injured leg. “It helps improve my endurance.”

Byunghun just looked at him weirdly.

“You’re trying to kill yourself.”

Chanyeol chuckled. “I know. But it makes me a better player. I really love basketball and I’ll do everything for it. That’s why I got really upset when the doctors told me that my leg is injured. I really want to play.”

Byunghun looked at Chanyeol and noticed the sadness in his eyes. He can’t help but feel guilty.

“You’re lucky, you’re cute. If you’re not, you might not be here beside me anymore. I might have pushed you down the stairs back there in the hospital.” Chanyeol joked hitting byunghun playfully in the arm.

Byunghun just smiled, realizing that, Chanyeol’s not that bad after all.

They arrived at Chanyeol’s unit and Byunghun followed him inside.

“Well it’s not much.”

Byunghun just stared. It was not big, but it looked so cozy. Nothing like a poor person could afford. Byunghun already figured out that Chanyeol was rich. He owns an expensive looking sports car and even lives at a condo unit.

“Not much? This looks really cool!” Byunghun exclaimed.

Chanyeol can’t help but chuckle at Byunghun’s cuteness.

“You can put your things in my room right there?”

Byunghun suddenly frowned.

“Your room?”

“I only have one room.”

“Then where will I sleep?”

“In my room. Come on Byunghun, it’s not like I’ll you in your sleep or something.” Chanyeol chuckled.

“Ok?” Byunghun replied and went to see Chanyeol’s room.

“But, you have a single bed. We won’t fit, and you don’t have a couch inside your room. Should I just sleep here in your living room?”

Chanyeol walked towards Byunghun.

“Then I’ll just hug you so tight, so we’ll fit.” Chanyeol playfully back hugged Byunghun, ignoring the crutches that fell from his hold.

Byunghun squirmed and tried to get out of Chanyeol’s hug. “And your telling me that you won’t me in my sleep when you’re here already attempting it!?” Byunghun finally got out of Chanyeol’s hug.

“But you look like a teddy bear. I just want to squish you.” Chanyeol attempted to hug Byunghun again but Byunghun was already out of his reach. Chanyeol pouted.

“Stop doing that you look scary!” Byunghun exclaimed.

“But you need to sleep near me. What if a pycho suddenly appeared from the window and tried to kill me? Who will save me?” Chanyeol pouted more.

Byunghun just glared and dropped his bag in the couch.

“Your unit is at the 88th floor. Who would even dare to climb that high!?”

“Umm, batman?”

Byunghun just face palmed.

After some chasing and a lot of attempted hugs, Chanyeol finally agreed to let Byunghun sleep in the living room.

Byunghun just stared at the ceiling, trying to sleep. He was already lying down for an hour but he just can’t sleep. Then he suddenly remembered Myungsoo. They were really close, he can’t even think of anything that could break them apart. He was his first friend, the one who showed him what friendship is. He was the one who taught him that he was important, that he was not useless. He can’t even think of living without him. He would not have survived this life if Myungsoo was not there to remind him that he is remembered. But Myungsoo was ignoring him right now. Byunghun is not that stupid to not figure out that Myungsoo was avoiding him. He understands that Myungsoo is busy with school, but he never avoided him like this before, even if they were in a fight. It just hurts him a lot that Myungsoo doesn’t even want to talk to him. Byunghun just know that something is wrong. And he’s frustrated that he didn’t even know why. He grabbed his phone and dialed Myungsoo’s number.

Myungsoo’s phone rang but an answer never came. It just went straight to voice mail.

“Myungsoo, what’s wrong? Can we talk? Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? Please just tell me if I did so I could fix it. I honestly don’t know why you’re acting this way to me. If you’re busy, I’ll understand, but at least try to talk to me.”  Tears just suddenly poured from his eyes. He really want to know if he did something wrong to upset Myungsoo so he could quickly apologize and fix everything. The last thing wanted right now is to lose Myungsoo. “I miss you. Please don’t ignore me.” Byunghun just sobbed.

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo just stared at his vibrating phone. Staring at Byunghun’s smiling face. He can’t help but feel guilty all over again. Myungsoo just tried to stop his tears from coming out, trying to resist the urge to answer the phone. Trying to stop him from listening to Byunghun’s beautiful voice that will just make him fall in love all over again. That same voice that uttered the words he never wanted to hear.

The vibrating stopped and Myungsoo sighed in relief. But he was surprised to see that Byunghun left a voice mail. Byunghun never does that. He suddenly got nervous and opened the voice mail.

“Myungsoo, what’s wrong? Can we talk? Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? Please just tell me if I did so I could fix it. I honestly don’t know why you’re acting this way to me. If you’re busy, I’ll understand, but at least try to talk to me.” Myungsoo heard sobs and it just made him feel like he was stabbed right through his heart. “I miss you. Please don’t ignore me.”  That was it. Myungsoo just let his tears fall, listening to Byunghun’s sobs. 

_____________________________________________________

Yay, I'm trying to update fast right nowXD Haha, I hope you like, I finally have a solid idea for this fic, although the ending is not yet decided, I already know where this is going... I actually,  honestly, don't what to do with this fic when I frist strated it, but finally, I already have an idea to where this is going. Anyway, I hope you like it!