A promise

For the Sake of Friendship

“Byunghun, are you ok?”

Myungsoo approached Byunghun, the next day at school.

Byunghun smiled.

“Of course, why would I not be ok?”

Myungsoo frowned. Just yesterday, Byunghun was bawling his eyes out, making him go away, and now, he’s suddenly ok.

 Myungsoo just nodded and smiled back.

 

I guess he’s ok now? He got over it?

 

At lunch time, Myungsoo was so surprised to see Sohyun eating with them, like nothing had happened. Byunghun was also very strange. He is acting like they didn’t break up. Myungsoo was very confused, so grabbed Byunghun and led him to a deserted hallway to talk to him privately.

“You know about the truth right? Why are you still with her, like nothing had happened?”

Byunghun looked down.

“She doesn’t know that I know. Before I had the chance to talk to her, I heard her talking to her friends. About you and about how disgusting I am.”

“Why didn’t you break up with her!?”

“I can’t! I love her so much! I can bare the pain, just for her to stay by my side. I can act stupid and pretend that I didn’t know, just for her to never leave me! Myungsoo, I love her. Call me stupid, because I am! I’m so stupid that I’ll do that just for her to stay. Maybe, someday, she’ll love me back; maybe if I keep up with it for just a little, she’ll feel the same way too. Maybe if I bare the pain just a little more, she’ll eventually look at me like the way I look at her.”

Byunghun was crying already and Myungsoo just glared at him.

“Fine! If you want that then go, do it. It’s you choice, if you want pain, then be stupid! I did my part, and it’s not my fault that you’ll be the one crying in the end!”

Myungsoo walked away leaving Byunghun crying in the hallway.

 

 

Byunghun, you don’t deserve this. She doesn’t deserve you. You deserve somebody who will love you just because you’re you. You deserve somebody who will fall for your charms, who will see all your good qualities, and will not care about your negative sides. Somebody who will love you for who you are.

Somebody like me.

Wait, did I just admit that I love him?

 

 

“Sohyun, we need to talk.”

Myungsoo grabbed Sohyun and led him outside.

“I just want to let you know that I’ll never like you. You are a heartless b*tch, and I will never fall for someone like you. Are we clear? Now, leave me and Byunghun alone.”

Myungsoo walked away, and heard Sohyun’s sobs as he go further.

 

 

He decided not to talk to Byunghun for a while, and let him think.

The next day, he just heard from his classmates that Byunghun and Sohyun parted ways already. Byunghun didn’t go to school that day too. Myungsoo just have to wait for the day to end for him to visit Byunghun and confirm the rumors.

 

 

“Byunghun, please talk to me.”

Myungsoo grabbed Byunghun’s arm, preventing him to walk away.

After class, Myungsoo went to Byunghun’s palce and opened it with the spare key under the flower pot.

Byunghun just glared and tried his best to make Myungsoo’s grip looser, but Myungsoo’s hold was too strong.

“Let me go!”

Byunghun continued to struggle, but Myungsoo wouldn’t let go.

“Just please let me explain.”

“You have nothing to explain.”

“Look, I didn’t even do anything wrong! All I did was end your sufferings. You’re just going to be in so much pain by staying with her, hoping that she’ll love you back someday!

Byunghun looked down. His eyes are bit watery, and his tears are ready to fall from his eyes.

“But I love her. I love her so much that I won’t even care if she doesn’t love me back, all I want is her to be beside me, for her not to leave me. I can act stupid and pretend that I don’t know just for her to stay. I can bare the pain, Myungsoo!”

“But she will never love you! Byunghun, someday she’ll leave you, and it’s a lot better to end it now while it’s still early!”

Byunghun just continued to cry harder.

Myungsoo just stared at him.

He can’t continue to look at Byunghun anymore. It hurts to see him cry, to see him in so much pain.

He can’t take it anymore. He pulled Byunghun closer and hugged him tightly.

“I’m sorry. But I just can’t bear to see you in pain. Guilt will forever hunt me if I never tried to end your suffering when I have the power to do so. I just did the right thing for you.”

Myungsoo talked in a soft voice, tried to comfort Byunghun by rubbing circles in his back.

“Will you just let a girl end our friendship? Will you just trade our friendship for a girl who doesn’t even love you back? Think of our friendship. We’ve been friends since we were young and we both know that this friendship will stay longer. Love can fade away, but friendship will stay forever.”

Byunghun’s cries softened a little and he finally looked at Myungsoo.

“You’re right. I shouldn’t sacrifice our friendship for this stupid love. I’m sorry.” Byunghun managed to say between his sobs and hiccups.

Myungsoo smiled and hugged Byunghun more tightly.

“Now let’s promise each other that we’ll never let a girl to be in between our friendship.”

Byunghun smiled and hugged Myungsoo back.

“Promise.”

 

 

Wait, did I just admit that I love him?

I guess I did.

No more denying, no more thinking twice.

I guess I do love him.

I love you Byunghun.

I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think?

Sorry for the grammatical errors...

And don't forget that italic paragraphs are Myungsoo's pov, don't get confused=)