Raindrops

For the Sake of Friendship

“Tell me again why we ended up like this.” Sunggyu mumbled as he and Myungsoo watched everyone with their eyes glued to the screen of their laptops. They were very engrossed in the game they were playing; they didn’t even notice that it was turning dark.

“Apparently, they think computer games are far more interesting than human conversations.” Myungsoo sighed. He didn’t expect this to happen.

As soon as they arrived at the beach, the clouds decided to get depressed and it just rained. Nobody was informed that there was an incoming storm. Everybody was too excited, nobody bothered to check if the weather would be ok. Luckily Minsoo booked a room at the nearby hotel. Then, somebody decided that it was a great idea to play a computer game, and that’s when Myungsoo and Sunggyu’s despair started.

They were the only one who didn’t have any laptops or game consoles with them.

“This so boring, I’m going out.” Sunggyu stood up and walked towards the door.

Myungsoo just sighed and continued watching them or rather, just watching Byunghun. He was beside Chanhee again. Then he noticed that Chanhee stopped playing and was looking at the door. He must have noticed Sunggyu leaving. He suddenly stood up making Myungsoo surprised.

“Myungsoo, can you cover for me? I’ll just go out for some air.” Chanhee said and quickly ran towards the door. He didn’t even give Myungsoo the time to reply.

Myungsoo stood up and sat beside Byunghun. “Hey.”

“Hey.” Byunghun replied without looking at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo stared at the screen and randomly pressed the controls.

“Yah, you’re going to get us killed!” Byunghun screamed.

But it was too late. The next thing that Myungsoo saw was the words ‘Game Over’ printed out on the screen.

Everyone in the room cheered except Byunghun and Myungsoo.

“It’s your fault! Now we have to wait until everyone dies too.” Byunghun glared at Myungsoo.

“Umm, sorry? I was surprised, Chanhee suddenly passed it to me.”

“Where is that idiot anyway?”

“I don’t know; he just suddenly went out.”

Byunghun sighed.

“Would you like to get some drinks? This might take a while, they are really really good. I don’t think we can play again anymore.” Byunghun stood up and headed towards the door.

Myungsoo, smiled and followed Byunghun out.

 

 

Chanhee went out and quickly ran towards where Sunggyu was heading.

“Sunggyu! We have to talk!” Chanhee panted.

Sunggyu looked at him with a confused expression.

“What do you want?” Sunggyu’s voice was dripping down with bitterness. He didn’t want to sound mean; but he just can’t help but hurt Chanhee even just a little for all the pain he had given him.

 “I-I’m sorry. I know I did wrong. I hurt you and I didn’t even try to fix things up. I’m sorry for everything I did.”   

Sunggyu sarcastically laughed.

“Sorry? Sorry!? That’s all you can say after those things? You don’t know how much you hurt me. You don’t know how much I suffered because of what you did! I let myself be blinded by your lies even when everything you were doing was flashing out in front of me. I didn’t believe that you would do that to me even when you’re shoving it in front of my face. I didn’t want to believe! I let myself be stupid just for you to not leave me. An all you can say is sorry?!”

Chanhee started tearing up. “L-let me explain. S-sunggyu…” Chanhee grabbed Sunggu’s sleeves.

Sunggyu grabbed Chanhee’s hands and made him let go of his sleeves.

“Don’t touch me, you ! And what will you explain; that you enjoyed getting ed by another man? And not just any man, a man that is old enough to be your father! Weren’t you satisfied stealing my money!? Weren’t my money enough? You know, if you desperately needed money, I would gladly you and give you money like the you are!”

Chanhee’s eyes were filled with guilt and hurt along with his tears, but Sunggyu let his pride blind him and failed to see that his hurting the man he loves, the man he swore he’ll never let anyone hurt. But here he is, doing the terrible things he was supposed to protect him from.

“I-I’m sorry for disturbing. I guess I hold no right to even speak to you. I don’t think I’ll ever have the chance to get the back the relationship we had if that’s what you think of me. I’m really sorry for wasting your time. I’ll just go back and be the I am.”

Chanhee turned his back and walked away.

 

 

 

Myungsoo stared at the café’s window as the raindrops slowly fell from the dark sky.

“Myungsoo, I need to tell you something.” Byunghun suddenly spoke.

“Hm?”

“This has been bugging me for a while; I just need somebody to talk about it.”

Myungsoo curiously looked at Byunghun. “Go on.”

“A few weeks ago, Chanhee joked about liking me. And I can’t get it out my head. I know it’s just a joke, but I can’t help but feel weird towards him. I can’t help but be scared.”

Myungsoo looked at him with his heart racing. “Why scared?”

“I-I don’t know. I’m just scared that if it was true, I wouldn’t know what to do. I really like him as a friend and I don’t think it would be anything more than that. I’m not even gay. I just don’t want to lose our friendship.”

Myungsoo’s heart fell. Byunghun’s words replaying again and again in his head.

“I-I guess you’d never know until h-he says it himself. D-do you think i-it’s true?”

“I-I don’t know. I don’t want to believe it, but we’ll never know until he says its true right?”

“Yeah.”  Myungsoo replied trying hard to not cry in front of Byunghun.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm really really sorry for the very very late update. I just ran out of ideas and inspiration. I'm really sorry, I hope you're still reading this=) Anyway, here's chapter 12, Enjoy=)