Just Friends

For the Sake of Friendship

"Yahh Myungsoo!"

Myungsoo looked back and saw Byunghun running towards him. Byunghun woke up late again, and Myungsoo can't afford to be late just because he waited for his best friend.

"Why didn't you wait for me?" Byunghun finally catch up with Myungsoo and walked beside him, panting heavily.

"I don't want to be late."

Byunghun just sighed.

"Of course the perfect Kim Mungsoo cannot be late. But the teachers like you so much. Even if you're late they will let it pass and say something like, Oh, Myungsoo probably got late because he stayed up all night to study."

Myungsoo glared at Byunghun.

"Just be early next time. Running is hard for you since your legs are so short."

Now it's Byunghun's time to glare at Myungsoo.

"Last time I checked, our topic is not my height."

Myungsoo giggled and placed his arm on Byunghun's head. Byunghun was that short.

"But I love touching that sensitive topic."

Byunghun glared at Myungsoo more and Myungsoo just replied with his infamous smirk.

They arrived at the school gates and as soon as Myungsoo's foot stepped inside the school ground, everyone just stopped and stared at him.

Myungsoo was the most popular guy in their school. He was very good looking. Like the idols you would see on TV. He was very smart. He always tops the rankings and he was always the one sent by the school to academic competitions. He is very nice, he never got into trouble. He is also from a very rich family. He is a person who has everything. Something like, an example of the word perfect.

Byunghun on the other hand is Myungsoo's complete opposite. His looks are ok, not ugly, but also not good looking enough to make everyone stop just to take a good look. He was not good in school. He often almost fails and was always saved because of Myungsoo's help. He also always gets into trouble. He came from a broken family, his mother left them when he was still young for another man. His father works as an ordinary worker in factory. His father just earns enough for his school fees, and for the food in the table. Byunghun lives alone since his father works at a factory in a province. With that kind of life, you can say that the only gift he has is his friendship with Myungsoo.

"I let you deal with that on your own."

Byunghun patted Mgungsoo's back and started to run.

"Aish."

Myungsoo's fangirls suddenly went towards him like bees going in their hive. They started giving him love letterd and various gifts, asking him if his fine.

Byunghun looked back and saw Myungsoo in middle of those fangirls, looking uncomfortable. He just smirked and went to his classroom.

 

 

 

Myungsoo entered the class room, looking very exhausted. He sat beside Buynghun and glared at him.

"Why did you leave me there?"

"Because they're scary."

Myungsoo giggled.

"You're scared of girls? How would you date if you're scared of them?"

"I'm not scared of girls; I'm just scared of your fangirls."

Myungsoo giggled.

"Byunghun, it's our last year in middle school, don't you want to try dating girls?"

Byunghun looked at Myungsoo weirdly.

"Of course I'd like to try dating, but you forgot one little fact. Nobody here is interested in dating me. And you don't have to wait for me if you want to date now, you can break our deal, I don't really care."

Myungsoo furrowed his brows.

"I don't want to break our deal. A deal is a deal."

"If that's what you want then you can wait forever."

"But you're not that bad, I don't understand why girls don't like you."

Byunghun just looked at Myungsoo with one eyebrow up.

"I'll say it one by one, I'm ugly, I'm dumb, I'm poor and I'm a trouble maker, you still think girls would like me?"

"You're not ugly and dumb, you're just lazy. And who cares about money?"

"Everyone cares about money. And Myungsoo, don't comfort me anymore, I accepted those things a long time ago."

Myungsoo just sighed. He hates the pessimism his best friend has. He can't help but feel he's one of the reasons Byunghun has no self confidence. He was always better than Byunghun at everything, and growing up with a person who was always better than you can affect self confidence.

 

 

 

"Class dismissed."

As soon as the teacher left, everyone started chattering and getting ready to go home.

"Byunghun, since it's Friday, let's go out and have fun."

"Ok."

Byunghun replied and started gathering his things.

One of their classmates suddenly approached them.

"Myungsoo, Mr. Choi wants to talk o you, I think it's about the quiz bee next week."

Myungsoo just nodded.

"Byungun, the teacher is looking for me, just wait at the entrance."

Byunghun nodded and continued fixing his things.

 

 

 

While Byunghun was waiting for Byumghun, a girl suddenly approached him and handed him a letter.

"Oppa, I always liked you. Please accept this letter."

Byunghun just looked at her with wide eyes. He took the letter slowly. It was his first time to receive a letter.

"Thank you."

The girl smiled sweetly and ran away.

Byunghun was still in shock, he didn't even notice Myungsoo.