Mood Switch

For the Sake of Friendship

Ever since the second day of his high school life, Myungsoo did nothing but study. He studies in school, at home, everywhere. His new friends dragged him to study all the time. He didn’t even have time for himself.

Myungsoo was in the middle of his math assignment when the door opened. He looked up and saw Byunghun and his friends entering.

Myungsoo looked at Byunghun but the latter didn’t even notice that Myungsoo was there. He was busy talking to one of his new friends.

They passed their table and Myungsoo just stared at Byunghun’s passing figure.

Myungsoo frowned and looked away. Ever since they stared high school, the both of them didn’t have time for each other. Students from class A are required to stay at the dormitory so he can’t walk with Byunghun to school anymore. They have longer school hours, so he has no chance to see Byunghun every afternoon. They also eat their lunch inside the classroom so he can’t eat with Byunghun too. He didn’t even have time to talk to Byunghun in the phone and Byunghun didn’t even bother to call him first.

 “He didn’t even greet me.” Myungsoo mumbled.

“What did you say?” Sungyeol looked up from his book to Myungsoo.

“Nothing.” Myungsoo replied and continued to do his assignment.

“What are those class F doing here in the library?” Sunggyu looked up from his book. “I don’t know they knew how to study.”

“I don’t think they’re going to study. Maybe they’re on their ‘activities’ again.” Woohyun didn’t even bother looking up from his book.

“Whatever it is, hope they won’t disturb us.” Sunggyu looked back from his book.

“Hey watch it, our new friend here is close to one of those class F.” Sungjong stopped writing and looked at Sunggyu.

“It’s ok, it looks like he replaced me already.”

Myungsoo replied with anger in his voice. His writings became harder that it tore the paper.

“. Looks like I have to repeat this again.”

All of his new friends stopped what they’re doing and looked at him. Myungsoo looks so scary, like his ready to kill.

“Hey Myungsoo are you ok?” Sungyeol patted Myungsoo’s back.

“Yes.” Myungsoo replied without even looking up from his new paper.

His new friends just continued to stare at him.

“Are you sure? Your voice says otherwise.” Howon, being brave, asked Myungsoo.

Myungsoo looked at Howon. “I said I’m ok.” Myungsoo glared. If looks could kill, Howon must have been chopped into pieces and scattered throughout Han River.

Howon froze in his chair. Myungsoo was scary. He cursed himself for being brave.

“Ok.” Howon said and looked away.

Myungsoo looked away too and continued his assignment.

Then Byunghun suddenly approached their table and tapped Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Hi Myungsoo! One of my friends is going to throw a little party tonight, Wanna come? It’s ok if you can’t come because of studying, I understand.”

Myungsoo’s aura suddenly turned the opposite. He smiled and looked at Byunghun, like a child that had been given candy.

“I’ll come, just text me the address.”

“Ok, you’re other friends could come too if they want. See you tonight.” Byunghun smiled again and waved good bye.

Myungsoo waved back and stared at Byunghun’s leaving figure.

His friends just continued to stare at him, giving him strange looks.

“Myungsoo, are you ok?” Howon asked again.

“Of course, why would I not be ok?” Myungsoo replied with a very wide grin.

“Are you sure?” Sunggyu asked.

Myungsoo continued to smile.

“Hey, since its weekend, why don’t we take a break from studying and go to that party, I’m sure it’ll be fun.” Myungsoo started to fix his things.

“I’ll text you all the address if you’re all interested.” Myungsoo stood up and left.

All of them just stared at him.

“I wonder what happened to the Myungsoo we know.” Sungyeol thought aloud.

 

 

 

Byunghun and I never had a decent conversation ever since we started high school. I was busy with school and stuffs so I never had the chance to talk to him. But I don’t know why he never tried to call me. It made me really worried. Did he find another friend? Did he replace me already? Am I still his best friend?

I don’t know. But I can’t help but feel worried that someday, he’ll just see me as a stranger.

I feel scared.

Tonight, I’ll make sure to talk to him.

 

 

Myungsoo arrived at the address Byunghun texted him. He stopped at a house which shows no sign of party in it. Myungsoo just stared at it and wondered if Byunghun sent him the wrongh address.

Byunghun suddenly came out from the door. He spotted Myungsoo and ran towards him.

“Myungsoo! You came!”

Myungsoo smiled, he missed Byunghun so much.

“Did the party get cancelled? I don’t see any people.”

“Oh, it’s just a little party, its Chanhee’s birthday. And we have no one to invite. Anyway, are your other friends coming? Or are they busy studying?” Byunghun dragged Myungsoo towards the door of the house.

“They’re busy, I guess.” His friends didn’t reply when he texted them the address.

“It’s ok I understand.” Byunghun opened the door and let Myungsoo enter.

“Guys! This is Myungsoo. Myungsoo that guy with very big nostrils is Chanhee, the Birthday boy. That guy with very thick lips is Daniel. That short guy is Changhun and the old looking guy beside him is Jonghyun. And the guy who looks even older is Minsoo.” Byunghun  introduced his new friends which made him earn glares.

“Hey you’re shorter than me!” The guy named Changhyun shouted.

“I don’t look old.” Minsoo mumbled.

“I don’t look old too.” Jonghyun continued to glare.

Byunghun just laughed. “Anyway, let’s start the party, I think everyone is here.”

Myungsoo can’t help but feel jealous. It took him a very long time just to make Byunghun talk to him comfortably, while this guys made Byunghun joke around with just a month.

The door bell suddenly rang. Everyone looked at the door strangely.

“Did anyone order pizza? I’m not paying for that.” Chanhee said and walked towards the door. “Nobody invited anyone else right?”

“No. Nobody here has other friends.” Changhyun replied.

Chanhee opened the door revealing Myungsoo’s other friends.

Chanhee just stared at them, surprised.

Students from class A are considered the “kingkas” of the school, the coolest out of everyone while students from class F are the students who constantly got bullied all the time. That’s why Chanhee was surprised with the cool kids standing in his front door.  

 “Do you need anything?”

“We came here for the party. Byunghun, Myungsoo’s friend invited us.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm very very very soory for the very very very late update. I just lost inspiration, and took a very long time to get it back.... I'm very sorry....=)