The Reason

For the Sake of Friendship

“We need to talk.”

Myungsoo suddenly stood up and dragged Byunghun outside the house.

“You were being bullied and you never told me?! You promised to tell me if anybody is bullying you!” Myungsoo shouted.

“I-I thought you were busy with s-school. I didn’t want to disturb you.” Byunghun answered softly.

“That’s why I told you to never get away from me!”

“But I never really saw you again after you moved to the dormitory.”

Myungsoo just stared at Byunghun.

“But you could’ve called me! Is it too hard to press my name on your phone? You know that I can’t call you first because of my studies, but you also know that I’ll always pick up your call. Why didn’t you even make an effort to call me?” Myungsoo continued to stare at Byunghun.

“I thought I might disturb you.” Byunghun replied.

“Byunghun, you know that no matter how busy I am, you’ll always be my priority.”

Byunghun didn’t reply and looked away.

“Look, I don’t want any more bullies around you. So just give me a call ok?” Myungsoo’s voice turned softer. He wasn’t shouting anymore.

Byunghun suddenly started tearing up.

“I-I’m sorry. I thought that since you found new friends, you wouldn’t want to be friends with someone like me anymore.”

Myungsoo just stared at Byunghun with wide eyes. Byunghun looks so fragile; it made him want to protect him even more. Myungsoo suddenly pulled Byunghun into a tight hug. Byunghun hugged him back and cried harder in his chest.

 

Is this the right time to confess my feelings for him?

 

Then Byunghun suddenly pulled out from their hug.

“Thanks for being a very good friend to me, Myungsoo.” Byunghun smiled. “I’ll never doubt our friendship again.”

Myungsoo faked a smile.

 

Oh yeah, I forgot that you only see me as friend.

A friend who will never ask for anything in return. A friend who will never leave you even if you don’t return his feelings. A friend who will always be there even if you want him to go away.

You don’t know how much those words hurt me.

 

 “Let’s go back inside.” Myungsoo ruffled Byunghun’s hair.

Byunghun smiled and followed Myungsoo towards the door.

 

 

 

After the incident in the party, Byunghun started to call Byunghun frequently again. Myungsoo’s friends also became closer to Byunghun’s friends. Although they don’t meet often, they still managed to become close through social networking sites.

The bullying also stopped since the seniors from class A knew that Bynghun’s group of friends is close to some kids from Class A.

“I’m so happy, they finally stopped bothering us.” Chanhee sighed as he continues to eat his lunch. When they were still being bullied, the seniors from class A would often steal their lunch, they never really had a peaceful lunch before.

“That’s all thanks to your ‘classmate’ Sunggyu.” Changhyun said as he digs in to his lunch.

Chanhee frowned.

“I don’t even want to hear his name again.”

“What’s your problem with him? Did he do anything bad to you before?” Byunghun asked.

“I don’t really want to talk about it.” Chanhee just looked away and continued to eat his lunch.

They just chose to not make it big anymore; they knew that it wouldn’t be good if Chanhee got into a bad mood..

 

 

Myungsoo was in the middle of an assignment when his phone suddenly rung. He looked at the caller ID and immediately smiled when Byunghun’s picture flashed on the screen. He quickly picked it up.

“Hello Myungsoo!”

“Hi Byunghun, What’s up?”

“Oh, nothing much, I just called you because I don’t want you to worry. You might suddenly barge in my house if I don’t call you for a day.”

Myungsoo smiled.

“So, no more bullies?”

“Yeah! Like I told you before, the bullying wasn’t that bad, I’ve experienced worse. It wasn’t that bad because we’re being bullied as a group. There are six of us. We never go around the school alone because of the bullies.”

“But bullying is still bullying.”

“You don’t really have to worry that much. Chanhee is like a second you. He protects me and makes sure I don’t get hit when there are bullies.”

Myungsoo’s smile suddenly disappeared.

“Myungsoo? Are you still there?”

“Yeah, so tell me more about Chanhee.”

“Chanhee? He’s the closest to me. I don’t know but the two of us gets very along well. He’s also the smartest out of the six of us, so his like our tutor. I don’t even know why his in class F, I think his faking his dumbness. And he also cares for me a lot.”

Myungsoo hates the way Byunghun’s voice sounds so happy.

“Hey, don’t replace me with him.”

“Of course I won’t. You’re still my number one.”

Myungsoo smirked.

“Promise me that, ok?”

“Promise.”

“Hey Myungsoo! Help me here! I’m stuck!” Sunggyu suddenly shouted.

“Hey, Byunghun, I need to go.”

“Ok, Bye, Good Night.”

“Good night.”

_________________

Woohoo!! Chapter 10 baby!!