(KxZ)

And In Those Numbered Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day: THREE

Namsan Park, Seoul, South Korea 6:45 A.M.

It was a cold autumn day with the leaves had having left the trees completely. Couples were bundled up together, rushing to do some early holiday shopping except for Zai who was going to the opposite direction. Her lungs were at their capacity as it was her second lap. She felt good though. Her doctor had warned her not to engage in strenuous activities; then again, when did she ever listen? The kind of weather was her favorite, running while listening to her favorite music, with few people around.

Perfect indeed. Zai looked up at the sun rising with a contented sigh.

 

 

One more box and I’d be done for the day. Jongin wiped his forehead with his, also, sweat-drenched shirt.

Pfft, better change. He peeled of his shirt then and there; it was cold but not freezing for him. His gaze found something or someone fascinating though. or not, shy was not in his vocabulary. He smirked.

Annyeong rival. He raised an eyebrow at the girl in sweat pants, drinking vitamin water but was only greeted back by a cold expression from her.

Oh wow, I’m half and I don’t even get a response? Did I become a whale overnight or- he inspected his perfectly chiseled abs and pouted. When he looked up again, she was gone.

 

 

Zai dried her hair with a towel while belting out a few notes when her mind drifted to the earlier scene that rather made the weather less cold—

*knock knock* “Coming!” she answered a pitch higher, embarrassed at her thoughts.

“Nae-“ she was greeted by a Jongin lazily leaning by the door frame- way too close for comfort.

“The landlady--.” his gaze went downward at her v-neck shirt clinging to her body since she just got out of the shower. Zai immediately got the idea as her eyes shot open, slamming the door to his face.

!

“Wha—“ Jongin crossed his arms, completely dumbfounded.

 

 

A minute later the door opened again, Jongin was greeted with an annoyed Zai who kindly put on a hoodie.

“What?”

Shees you put that shirt on, you make it sound like it’s my fault. He rolled his eyes.

“So I live a floor above you and the landlady said I should tour you in Seoul, a favor from your dad or something-“

Tch dad? I don’t want anything from him. I don’t want anything to do with him.

“I don’t want to” Zai deadpanned and was about to close the door to his face the second time but he stopped it.

“Look it’s not like I want to-“

“Then it’s settled, what’s there to talk about?” she tilted her head sarcastically.

“AAh! I see you’re getting along well” the landlady passed by with a mega-watt smile.

“Far from it..far from it” Jongin massaged his aching temples, completely stressed.

“Ajjummaa~ she doesn’t want to, I need to go practice” he whined like a little kid.

Practice? Zai scoffed.

“Miss Kim, go with him nae? Or I’ll kick you both out of the apartment! What are you busy with anyway?” the old lady squinted her eyes tauntingly but then smiled.

“Nae..I’m sorry.. I just..have to go..practi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter