DAY 4 (LxM)

And In Those Numbered Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day: FOUR

Mandarin Palace, Beijing 12:45 P.M.

Drips of sweat rolled from the side of the heiress’ face as she struggled to pull the covers closer to her like she was inside a freezer. It was a windy morning, not particularly cold for most people but you won’t feel so otherwise when you’re as unwell as her.

“Miss Jung are you alright? Should I call a doctor?” her assistant worriedly glanced and neared the bed. It was almost lunch time and Miala hasn’t gotten up; her body felt like it weighed a thousand of pound.

“Anniyo..I just feel a bit cold” she smiled half-heartedly.

The old man looked at the moderately blazing sun outside of the window with eyebrows furrowed. He saw that her eyes were already dropping so he checked her temperature with the back of his hand.

“MISS! You’re burning!” he exclaimed while simultaneously panicking to locate his cell to call for a professional but she softly tugged on his shirt and shook her head; her breathing getting even.

“I-- just need sleep..” her eyes closed slowly and before she could drift off to dreamland again, her subconscious got the best of her.

“Where's..Luhan” Though she spoke in mandarin, it wouldn’t take a genius to understand. Mr. Kim sighed and called her father instead.

 

 

“…but Chairman ever since she met him her nightmares happened less and less--”  

“No. She will not see him. Period. Keep that guy away from her as far away as possible; she’s engaged for God’s sake” Miala’s father sighed exasperatedly on the other line.

Her assistant looked at the heiress sound asleep and the words of the Chairman rang through his head. He knew her ever since she was in diapers. Sometimes he thinks he even knows her happiness more than her own busy father. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply at his rash decision,

“I got it Chaiman. I will be calling the family’s doctor for advice on what to do since I know the heiress doesn’t like them around. I will inform you once she’s better.”

“Thank you. I know I can count on you Mr. Kim” with that, the call was cut.

 

 

Luhan aimlessly stirred the porridge he was cooking. He swiped some on his finger and took a taste.

“Wow, you can do anything” he patted himself a job well done for a delicious tasting porridge. 

That’s not the point though. He looked around the tall ceiling of the mini kitchen as tall as their house but theirs couldn’t compare as to how fancy this presidential suite was.

Then again you’re an idiot too. What have you gotten yourself into? He pinched the bridge of his nose and thought of the events that happened earlier.

 

“Why should I take care of her? I barely know her!” he half-shouted in Korean at the secretary sitting in front of him. Luhan rarely lost his cool but this- it was too much too handle.

His manager had called him out since someone wanted to talk to him but he hadn’t expected this. The heiress’s secretary had calmly told him to go and take care of Miala since it was his fault that her allergies had acted up. He couldn’t care less and refused so the man threatened to get him fired.

I could get other jobs, easily. He replied smugly.

You couldn’t. The man replied plainly, scaring him for a bit at how serious and true that sounded; even more when he showed him a folder containing files about his family.

Just how powerful is the heiress’s family?! He massaged his temples, frustrated. 

“I don’t want to do this to you but I treat Miss Jung as my own daughter. With you around her.. It’s like therapy. Her nightmares lessened and his name; she didn’t talk in her sleep as much. I just want the best for her” Mr. Kim said sincerely.

“Him? What’s that got to do with me?” Luhan said coldly, his anger subsiding.

“Someone..someone who looks like you. I can’t tell you the story; it was too long ago and too painful to remember. If you help her, I could help your family. Your s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter