(CxN)

And In Those Numbered Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day: FIVE

Streets of Seoul, South Korea 1:30 P.M.

Niki Wu was was enjoying her cold treat on her way to her apartment when a particular store caught her eye. Not a fancy one; not even huge in size, a bit ancient even. Still, it contained one of the things she loved and enjoyed the most- Music.

The cold Sunday noon was supposedly perfect for snuggling in bed with nothing to do but watch movies while being surrounded with chocolates, popcorn and her favorite chips. With her bunny pajamas and her messy hair; Niki had it all planned out yet the store seemed a bit more enticing. Once she entered, she was greeted with vintage records, second-hand instruments and an old piano. She also noticed that it was deserted with no staff whatsoever.

Huh, the sign said ‘open’ though. She glanced around while mindlessly looking through the records. She wasn’t into the classics, so nothing caught her eye- except for the old dust filled piano.

Such a pity. She frowned and wiped the keys with her hanky. Her fingers glided the keys and a soft familiar sound made her smile. She missed playing. She loved playing- she loved music in general. Heck she wasn’t a model, she was a musician. Though her parents never went against that, they’re dreams for her were the top priority. They were her parents after all. She never rebelled, she didn’t want to. Things tend to be easier that way.

Her thoughts were cut off by children’s laughter as well as contrasting chuckle from a deep voiced stranger before she heard singing.

“Isn’t that the Frozen song?”  her eyebrows quirked up as she peaked through the curtains of what seemed to be the back room.  A male figure was playing the guitar while singing ‘Love is an open Door’ and was on his back facing a group of children.

I swear that voice seems familiar—

 

“Hyung…hyung..there’s a noona behind you” one of them pointed at her making him turn around.

“Aah you scared me!” Chanyeol clutched his heart as he saw Niki’s head, only her head, poking out from the curtains.

“Come, sit!” he grinned and pat the empty space beside him. Niki rolled her eyes at how he didn’t even greet her or ask what she was doing there. Nonetheless, she sat down and smiled at the kids who were eager to meet her.

“This little noona, is Niki. She’s really good in English and wouldn’t mind singing with us right?” the dumb giant looked with puppy eyes at the frowning latter who agreed with a sigh.

Niki was actually familiar with the lyrics since she watched the movie 2 weeks ago, then again she couldn’t help but laugh at the paper Chanyeol gave her; Hangul lyrics. 

Pabo giant.

“Okay can I jas say samting crajjee~” he started, making her laugh even more while the kids replied.

“I loovee crajjeee!” they shouted and urged her to sing Anna’s lines and she did albeit the hesitation. More than a cover song, it seemed like 60% laughter, 20% lyrics, 20% kids shouting and dancing. Though the giant’s English did improve quite a lot, she noticed. It was a disaster; but she thought, it beat the hell out of the lazy afternoon plan. As the song came towards the end, Chanyeol put his guitar down and pulled out a lemon candy out of his pocket.

“Can I say samting crajjee?? Weel u merry me?” he had that same stupid smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter