(CxN)

And In Those Numbered Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: fonted is in Chinese}

Day: SIX

Gangnam School of Aesthetics, Gangnam District, Seoul, South Korea 4:15 P.M.

 

Can’t hang out with ya today, got basketball practice *pouts*

 

As she read the text, Niki could almost picture out the giant with his lips jutted out thus making her smile.

School was done for the day and she was on her way home; waiting for Chanyeol like it was a habit. Not seeing him for a day seemed strange even, they were two peas in a pod.

   The naughty big pea who stole his sibling’s food all the time making the other one beyond smaller than his size, he would say.

And she was quite bored without the latter to be very honest.

   I need to find a job, she sighed.

Although she was raised in an above middle class family, Niki Wu wasn’t as spoiled as she ought to be. Her parents provided her with her wants and in turn she had to have her achievements. Sometimes her opinions being overshadowed in the process.

Her phone vibrated off as the battery was empty motioning her to look up, finally aware of her surroundings.

   Oh man…am I lost again?

While she contemplated on retracing her steps, she overheard shouting from a corner not far from where she was standing. Eavesdropping had never been a thing for her but this one was in Chinese, or at least one side of the conversation was.

 

“LET GO OF MY ING HAND OLD MAN!” she saw a young man harshly push away another, much older than him while the latter managed to have a grip on his shirt with wrinkled pleading eyes.

“But sir, I know it’s your motorbike since I saw you park outside of our restaurant! It’s illegal to park there and now an officer is questioning us as well as asking for payment. Please come with me, please” the old Chinese man was already slightly crouched down on the pavement since the tall stranger won’t budge.

“Jfc, I can’t understand a word you’re saying! Can’t you wait for my Manager?” he sighed exasperatedly, being less violent except the old man was frantic for he didn’t want to lose his small business. He pulled severely as the younger began to lose his patience.

“I SAID LET GO—“ as he was about to push him much stronger this time, Niki stepped out of her hiding spot and yelled.

“DON’T! He means no harm!” Both turned to look at the petite student approaching. She helped the old man up and gave him a friendly smile, though he was as confused as the younger.

“I’ll explain okay? Don’t worry xiansheng.” {A/N: uncle}

 

Gangnam School of Aesthetics, Gangnam District, Seoul, South Korea 5:32 P.M.

 

Chanyeol wiped the beads of sweat trailing down his forehead with a towel then tapped his phone open, a playful smile forming in his lips.

      Waah, do I actually miss that little midget? It seemed weird for him that a smaller shadow wasn’t by his side that day.

      Like two peas in a pod. He shook his head amusedly, waiting for her to pick up but was replied with ‘The subscriber cannot be reached’ from the other line.

      Huh, she never forgets to charge her phone. If her battery did empty, she should’ve been home by now. His eyebrows creased as he thought of possible things that might’ve happened.

      Kidnapped?

      Rode the wrong train?

      Met gangsters?? Ani ani, you’re just overthinking things Park Chanyeol. He shook his head to rid all the bad thoughts away. And it took a lot of self-restraint for this worrywart giant not to head the other way, to a police station maybe, but instead slung his backpack to his shoulder and head home.

 

Park's Residence, Chungnam, Seoul, South Korea 8:25 P.M.

 

His fingers drummed the desk as he waited for the grey dot to blink green in the chat box. It was 9:05 p.m and every minute meant his worry added as well.

     Hasn’t it been 3 hours already?

     Where is she?

     She’s usua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter