(CxN)

And In Those Numbered Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

d a y  e i g h t----------------------------*

 

Gangnam School of Aesthetics, Gangnam District, Seoul, South Korea 12:45 P.M.

Niki just got out of a class and was heading to the next one- Computer110. She liked the subject; at least she wouldn’t be bored out of her wits like the previous class. It was her second week in GSA and she had already memorized her way around the campus, grew familiar with the daily lunch meals the cafeteria lady prepared and made some few friends here and there. The school wasn’t as bad as she thought or at least as she’d seen in Korean dramas where the new girl was always bullied. This was a summer school for the elite and students didn’t care much about the new girl since every student in GSA was perceived to be wealthy and popular in their previous school. To be quite honest, she might like GSA more than her former.

 “Niki-yaaaah” she heard his voice reverberate in the hallway and when she turned around, he already had his arm slung around her.

“Yo. You going to your next class?” she looked up at the much taller giant.

“Yup, PE’s next! Yours?” he grinned.

“PE TOO!” she held her hand up for a high five however Chanyeol held her wrist and raised her hand higher so it can match with his height.

“ASA~” he chuckled and high-fived back with the latter squinting disapprovingly.

The towering student placed his hands on both sides of her shoulders and directed her forward, “Heh, I’ll take you to the locker room!”

 

*--------------------*

 

“Okay class, today we’ll be playing basketball. Seeing that there is an equal number of male and female students in this class, the teams will be co-ed. I will pick two team captains who will choose their corresponding teammates. We’ll have, Park Chanyeol and Ihm Taeho” the teacher announced, obviously choosing the top MVP’s of the school.

Niki recognized Taeho as the guy who called out Chanyeol on her first day here. Her classmates said they were friends so this match wouldn’t be as competitive; up until she heard her name.

“The first teammate I’d like on my team.. Niki-ssi” Taeho called earning a playful scowl from Chanyeol.

                                            

“Pft, you sure you’re choosing strategically? She’s not even skilled in basketball” he laughed earning a glare from Niki.

Yaah.. Park Chanyeol stop selling me out.

“Oh I’m sure Niki-ssi will be a great advantage; she’s my secret weapon” Taeho winked at the girl who was clueless yet observed the two giants banter. Chanyeol saw his friend put a hand on her shoulder making his insides feel all weird.

Uggh, what is this unsettling feeling?? Ihm Taeho is this some magic trick??

 

*--------------------*

 

There was a minute left in the game and the scores were tied for both teams. NIki was yet to play since she was just assigned as a substitute. She didn’t harbor any bad feelings towards Taeho. In fact, she was perfectly contented being a bench warmer throughout the game. Sure she wanted to play but if playing meant putting her team in danger of losing, she’d rather sit this one out.

Although, she did remember him say, “Don’t worry Niki-ssi, I’ll let you play when the time’s right” before the game started- whatever that meant.

 

*--------------------*

 

“Time-out coach!” Taeho called and motioned for Niki to come over.

“Niki-ssi will substitute Shinyeong for the remaining game” he smiled at the confused Niki while Shinyeong was happy to oblige because she herself was worn out.

“You really want me to play at the most crucial part of the game?? I don’t at basketball but I’m no player either! What’s your plan Taeho-ssi?” Niki said exasperatedly while she was being led to the court by her team captain- a sight which wasn’t missed by Chanyeol who had his eyes on her for most of the time, even during the game.

“Oh I’m sure alright. Fighting Niki-aah” Taeho pinched her cheeks which aggravated the other team captain even more.

What are you planning Ihm Taeho, hmm.

 

*--------------------*

 

Ten seconds remaining and Taeho’s team was leading by two points- none of which was made by Niki or so she taught. The other team’s ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter