DAY 5 (LxM)

And In Those Numbered Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day: FIVE

Beijing United Family Hospital, Beijing 9:25 A.M.

 

The heiress woke up with a splitting headache as she tried to pry her eyes open. She was greeted with white ceilings, white walls with more or else most of the furniture having the same color but with a tint of blue. She was tired but she needed to get up, she had too; places like these make her feel so small, feel all alone. After all, she hated hospitals.

Why am I here? Her eyes scanned the room before she found Mr. Kim giving her an apologetic smile as he came towards her.

“How are you feeling Miss? The doctor said your health is stable, just a slight concussion. Do you remember anything?” he poured her a glass of water.

“I’m alright, it hurt a bit when I got up but it’s gone now,” she smiled weakly despite her condition.

“I remember getting ice cream with Luhan...then I fainted. Why am I here though..you should’ve just called the doctor at the hotel..” Miala said silently, biting her lip. Hospitals make her absolutely gloomy and so she decided ever since that she wasn’t going to visit one any time soon. The reason or the certain memory was still a bit foggy but at the age of 7, she cried her eyes out before she went home one day from her little visit in these white walls. The old man sighed and shook his head, never intending for any of this to happen- also feeling guilty.

As if on cue, a figure got up from the side of her bed. Luhan had slept beside her hospital bed on a sleeping mat and the floor did no justice to his now aching back.

He could;ve slept in the sofa but decided the old man should, instead.

“Luhan-oppa… you stayed?” the wide eyed heiress couldn’t contain her smile.

He turned to her, blinking away his drowsiness and eyed her from top to bottom. Within five minutes, he had gotten up, talked to Mr. Kim for a bit and left; his beddings folded neatly on the floor. Though Miala tried to stop him, the only reply she got was his unfaltering cold gaze. The ice prince was back.

“Meanie.." the heiress pouted, feeling as if the shield that protected her from the gloominess of the room had disappeared in a fraction of a minute. Mr. Kim however smiled a tad remembering how the boy never left for second last night, pacing back and forth across her bed. Heck, the old man wouldn’t be surprised that he left and headed for the cafeteria, seeing as his dinner was untouched.

 

 

Outside of the room…

How is it that if I’m near her, bad things seem to happen? I know I planned to get rid of her but… God, really? That's not playing fair when someone gets hurt.  Luhan scratched his head frustratingly, feeling guilty and angry and a whole lot of other emotions he couldn’t identify.

It’s concern, you idiot. His subconscious hissed making the ice prince frown deeply. The only feeling I should be having now is—cue, his stomach grumbled.

 

Mandarin Palace, Beijing 2:45 P.M.

Miala got out of the hotel just in time after Luhan’s shift.

Coincidence? I think not. She smiled playfully. She had ninja-ed her way out of her room, avoiding all sorts of body guards and cameras especially Mr. Kim. It surprised her how easy it had been.

Mr. Kim must be losing his touch.  The heiress shrugged and breathed in the smell of the busy city.

Freedom.

Why is she smelling the city as if she's in a field of flowers? An eyebrow raised, judgingly.

“Where’s the old man?. .and the guards?!” Luhan saw her immediately then his eyes roamed frantically. Honestly, he didn’t trust this kid going out on her own. She could get kidnapped or molested—

Wait, why was I even worried? 

“Oh.. I snuck out, gotta go! Zai jian oppa~” she grinned and dashed for her life, feeling the wind in her fingertips.

“Goddamn it-“ the ice prince tried to catch up with her.  

She just got out of the hospital. God knows what she might do; I bet she doesn’t even know how to cross the street.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter