(CxN)

And In Those Numbered Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

d a y  n i n e----------------------------*

 

Gangnam School of Aesthetics, Gangnam District, Seoul, South Korea 11:50 A.M.

 

“Ddukboki.”

“Chicken.”

“Sushi.”

“Pasta.”

.. ..

“Hamburgers!” Both shouted simultaneously as they faced one another. Niki and Chanyeol finally decided what to have for lunch. They had two hours to spare so eating outside of school would be good way to kill time.

“Finally” she had said exasperatedly but had a smile when she rolled her eyes. The latter laughed in response too since this was going on for about half an hour now.

“McDonald’s?” There’s one just around the corner of our school.

“Call!”

“Call!” he grinned playfully,

“Race ya there?”

“Sure-” the taller sprinted ahead of her but she stayed with a normal walking pace. His lanky figure finally slowed down when realized there wasn’t anyone following him at all, he turned back- a good distance between them two. She was getting better at pranking him, he thought.

“Yah Niki Wu.”

 

 

“One cheeseburger deluxe, a double cheeseburger for me, large fries and two colas” he placed the tray on the table where Niki was waiting while he ordered.

“Alrighty! Let’s eat weell” Niki clapped her hands happily before unraveling the wrapper on the sandwich. Just as she was about to take a bite, she observed how he was cutting his burger with a knife and a fork.

How fancy.. she laughed in her head.

“Yeol?”

“Hm?” he mumbled, chewing on his first bite. Niki snorted at the sight in front of her and took a huge bite on her sandwich. This in turn made him rather uneasy.

“Aren’t you gonna use the utensils?”

“That’s not how you eat a hamburger Chanyeol.”

“Everybody does it like this here Niki. Everybody but YOU” his hands motioned at the cheeseburger clamped in her hands.

“Well, THIS” she emphasized by taking another huge bite,

“Is how we eat it back home.” Purposely chewing louder to make a point that eating it this way makes it more enjoyable. To be honest, he did want to try it that way but grunted at the sight of ketchup on the side of her lips.

“You’ve got something-“

“What? Face it, you’re dying to get your hands on that piece of heaven Park Chanyeol” she shrugged nonchalantly with her cheeks filled up like a chipmunk.

And they say I was the dork. The giant shook his head amusedly, taking a tissue and dabbing it on .

“Oh kay! Get ready because I’m about to get my hands dirty and my mouth ketchup-kissed” he replied, earning a face from Niki.

 

Burgers long gone, both were munching on some fries with their attention both on each one’s mobile phones. Both, also happened to reach for the last french fry at the same time.

“I touched it first!”

“Clearly it was me since I have more fingers on it!”

“That’s because you have tiny hands Niki.”

“Well you wouldn’t need more fries because you’re already gigantic and that would be selfish” she crossed her arms, slightly annoyed. It was also an opportunity for him to get the last piece.

“Hey!”

“I know, we could peppero game for it!” Chanyeol already had it placed it on his lips, leaning towards her.

“Ewww, NOOO. It’s all yours” she shoved his face away, laughing.

Most moments they had were like that, silliness and laughter. They were the loudest ones in the restaurant and people were looking at this strange couple who hasn’t quite figured out how a relationship should be.

But there shouldn’t be relationship standards, you know? It could be two people being lovey-dovey and feeding each other ice cream sundae.

(Like the couple behind them)

Or it could just be two people fighting over a piece of fry.

Generally, it should just depend on being there for one another and making each other happy.

Some days there’d be drama. Some days there wouldn’t be.

There would be days where they’d have to face their responsibilities.

And there would be days just like this one. Yet another day Chanyeol was thankful for having a friend like her who constantly teaches him there better ways life could be lived-

Orr… for teaching him how she eats her hamburgers.

 

 

Folders, then books, then notebooks and lastly other stuff she didn’t need to bring home- like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter