Chapter 6

Sweet Connection

Jineul's eyes slowly fluttered open and was greeted by a bright light.

"Awake now, Jineul-ssi?"

"Ne..." She replied softly. "How long was I out?"

"Almost 3 hours." The nurse replied. She then checked Jineul's temperature. "Your fever's gone down. That's good."

Jineul smiled. The nurse wrote something on a green card and handed it to Jineul. "It's dismissal time. You can go home now. But remember to pass by the office and hand that in so that you'll be excused for the day."

"Okay." She slowly stood up (completely assisted by the nurse of course) and walked out of the clinic.

The nurse looked at her retreating figure.

FLASHBACK

The nurse was writing down the medicines and supplies needed. She wouldn't want a repeat of what happened today.

"Um, excuse me."

The nurse looked up from her clipboard. She was suprised to see a certain person standing by the clinic doorway.

"Ne, how may I help you?"

"Please..."

The nurse blinked.

"...please take good care of her." He then shut the door and left.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Hmm..." She thought. "I forgot which of them told me that, though. Oh well."

Jineul's POV

I dragged my body out of the clinic. 

Ugh I still feel horrible.

I was about to make my way to the office when I realized something.

Wait...

The office is at the far end of the building! I face palmed. They have got to be kidding right?

I sighed. I'll just go. I don't have that much of a choice. Plus getting a zero in today's seatworks and quizzes is much, MUCH worse than getting sick.

Slowly, I made my way to the office. Thank god the school was pretty much deserted now. I could live without the constant teasing and bullying.

Finally, I reached a fork in the path at the end of the hallway. But then, I saw something that surprised me.

Jo Kwangmin leaning by a bunch of lockers. It's as if he was waiting for someone.  Boyfriend, maybe? Or his girlfriend (If he has one)? I don't know. But I think I shouldn't care either.

Moving with less noise and as far away from him as possible, I made my way and took a quick right turn. As I walked, I looked back and saw him still standing there, looking far. Hmm. It seems as though he was thinking of something really deep.

Oh well. Not my business.

I was a few meters away from him when I felt someone hold me back by my arm. I spun around and my eyes widened.

This can't be real. It just can't.

We stared at each other from quite some time until he spoke; the words flowing out of his mouth smoothly.

"Ahn Jineul-ssi?"

End of POV
Nobody's POV

Jineul's eyes widened as she came face to face with the person who prevented her from leaving.

"Ahn Jineul-ssi?" The person said, as if he wasn't sure if he's saying the right name.

That's right, the person is a he.

And not just any other he. 'He' is someone you wouldn't want to mess with.

Because if you do,

you've got a gang of six people chasing after you.

"Donghyun-ssi..." Jineul finally managed to say. "Do you need something?"

Jineul was on the brink of slapping herself. "There goes my second impression now."

"Wow, how cold." He said. "I approve of you!"

"Thank you..?"

"I'm ignoring that. Anyways, Kwangmin told me to let you know that you guys will start working on your project soon." Donghyun explained. After hearing no reply from the lady in front of him, he added, "What, my dongsaeng doesn't want to get a low mark too you know. He's top of the class, mind you."

Jineul blinked. "Wait, before that... can I ask you something?"

"What?" 

"Let go of my arm please."

Donghyun quickly released his grip on Jineul's right arm. "Oh. Yeah, um, sorry."

"Thanks." She mumbled. "When will we start?"

"He says he'll just text you when and where you'll work on the project. For now, go to the office and hand in whatever you need to hand in." He replied eyeing the piece of paper on Jineul's hand. 

"Alright then." She her heel to leave but again faced Donghyun. "Wait, my number. Do you already know it?"

Donghyun nodded and turned to leave.

"Wait, wait! How did you--"

"Don't ask." 

Jineul was lef there puzzled, as she stared at his retreating figure. She then shook it off and made her way to the office.


"Yah, I did what you asked me to. Now pay up."

The younger, brown-haired lad shoved a bunch of Piano Recital tickets to his hyung.

"Thanks hyung."

Donghyun smiled as he observed his 'payment'. "No problem dongsaeng. Now tell me why you wouldn't do it yourself?"

"I... I'm shy."

Donghyun laughed. "Since when?"

"Your point is?"

"Look man," Donghyun said as he helped him organize a pile of books inside his locker. "I don't mind you asking favors from me but you should really learn to talk to her yourself. I mean, Jo Kwangmin, the lady killer, is too 'shy' to talk to a nerd?"

"She's not a nerd." He corrected. "She's just... studious."

"Fine. To a 'studious nerd'-- ow!" Donghyun winced as he rubbed the arm Kwangmin just hit with a History book. "Okay, ouch."

Kwangmin glared as he returned the book inside his locker. "Quit it, hyung."

"Defensive much?" Donghyun replied. "Arasseo, arasseo. We'll wait for you at Hyunseong's place alright? Can't miss his party now, can't we?"

"Sure, hyung."

Donghyun left but halfway stopped. "Oh and by the way, bring your mess of a brother, will you?"

Kwangmin snorted. "Mess huh. Sure will hyung."

After Donghyun left, Kwangmin turned back to his locker.

"He told her, huh. I guess there's no turning back now..." 

With that, he quickly typed down the number which he got not-so-easily.

Flashback

"Okay, okay! You guys can't miss the party I'm throwing this Friday night, okay? Whoever misses it will be in big trouble!" Hyunseong said.

"Arasseo. I'll bring drinks." Jeongmin voluntarily said.

"Everyone's coming, alright?" Donghyun added. "Kwangmin, you have to come okay?"

Kwangmin nodded in response.

"Minwoo, don't give me the 'I-have-curfew' response again. I'll beat you if you do." He threatened as he turned to the maknae.

Minwoo pouted. "I won't!" 

"Yah, Donghyun hyung! Check this out." Hyunseong said.

"What is it?"

Hyunseong stuck his phone out to Donghyun's face. "Read this: our worst nightmare's back hyung." 

Donghyun grabbed the phone from the younger lad's hand and read the text.

Meanwhile, on the other side of Boyfriend's table, Kwangmin showed no interest on the topic whatsoever. He nudged Minwoo, who was busy writing down a long essay, and in turn frowned.

"Look what you did, Kwangmin! And I was careful not to mess up my handwriting too!" Minwoo said, completely upset.

"Mianhe. I'll make it up to you. Listen, I have a favor to ask." 

Minwoo looked at him. "What is it?"


Minah furrowed her eyebrows as she focused on her unfinished homework. 

"-4x...? Aniyo. I don't think you subtract when you add numbers with the same sign... or do you...?" She mumbled. 

"It's -8x isn't it?" She heard a voice say. Minah's head snapped up and she came face-to-face with her project partner, No Minwoo.

Minwoo smiled and sat down on the chair opposite of Minah. "-6x-2x = -8x right?"

"Huh?"

Minwoo took the pencil she was holding and erased her previous answer. "When subtracting two negative numbers, you should change the sign of subtrahend making -2x positive then you have to add them... so there. -8x." He wrote down the final answer as he finished talking.

"Great, thanks." She muttered.

"No problem. Did I take too long that you decided to start on the math homework?" He asked, emphasizing the 'home' part.

"Not really." Minah replied. "I just don't like the feeling of doing nothing."

Minwoo took out a piece of paper and handed it to Minah. 

She took it hesitantly. "What's this?"

"Our class is gonna organize a Class Directory. They need your contact number before lunch ends." He explained. "Oh, and kindly write your friend's cellpone number too, I can't find her anywhere... what was her name again? Haneul? Sooneul? Ani, was it Janeul? I'm sure it has 'neul' in it though..."

"Okay, I'll write Jineul's cellphone number too." Minah forwardly replied. "You know. Jineul. My friend."

"Ah, that's right! Jineul! I told you there was 'neul' in it." 

Minah gave him a weird look and after writing her and Jineul's number down, handed it back to Minwoo. "Say, a class record huh? Haven't heard of anything like that. What's it for Minwoo-ssi?"

"O-Oh, you know... ehehe... you know... stuff..." Minwoo replied as he nervously pocketed the paper.

"What kind of stuff, Minwoo-ssi?" Minah blinked innnocently.

"Shoot, am I found out?!"  Minwoo thought. "Oh you know. Class stuff. They'll explain it later on..."

She snorted. "Sure they will."

"Now about the project~ shall we start, Minah?" Minwoo said, hopelessly trying to change the subject. "Do you have any ideas?"

Minah looked at him suspiciously. "Something's not right here..."

Minwoo could feel her burning stare and grinned nervously. "B-because... I've g-got loads, yeah! Boy, I can't wait to tell you!" 

She raised an eyebrow but dropped it after a second or so. She leaned back on her chair. "Arasseo. Start speaking, pretty boy."

After talking, they both came to the conclusion that they will buy the materials needed on Sunday afternoon. They have also finished discussing about the concept of their project and when they will work on it. Thanks to Minwoo's amazing impromptu skill, he was spared from Minah's constant suspicion. 

"Ah, can you excuse me for just one minute? I have to check a book down on the 7th aisle..." Minah nodded and Minwoo quickly stood up.

Cold sweat has formed on his forehead after 30 minutes of talking to Minah in the library. "Never, EVER, have I been scared of a woman in my entire life; except now!" 

He turned at the bookshelf in the dead center of the library and found Kwangmin leaning on it, casually reading. He approached him and shoved the piece of paper to him. "There! Happy?!"

Instead of getting a 'thank you', Kwangmin smacked him upright on the head.

"Ow, what was that for?!"

"Really now Minwoo, 'Sooneul'? Wait, I heard something even worse; 'Janeul'?! Really now Minwoo, 'Janeul'?!" Kwangmin replied.

"What, it was a one letter difference, big deal!" Minwoo said. "Dude, you SO owe me. I almost sold my soul to the devil back there!"

"Yeah, yeah. Month's worth of Banana Milk it is." Kwangmin said as he read the paper. "Thanks Minwoo."

End of Flashback

Kwangmin stared into his phone as he remembered the way Jineul avoided him earlier. Although he wasn't looking direclty at her, it was quite obvious.

"This ain't gonna be easy. Does she really hate me that much?"

Thinking of Jineul all the time, he hadn't realized that he reached the school's main entrance by now.

"Yo, Kwangmin!" He snapped out of his trance and looked to his right. There, his older twin stood along with a girl who was sobbing rather loudly.

"Hey hyung." Kwangmin responded. "And that is...?"

"Jungmi. My girlfriend-- oh sorry. My ex-girlfriend." Youngmin replied, smirking.

Kwangmin narrowed his eyes. "Here he goes again."

His twin looked at the crying girl with a stoic face and said in a harsh tone, "Leave. Now."

The girl ran away without even looking back.

"Well, she gave up easier than the others, don't you think?" Youngmin said. "5th this week, and it's only friday. How's yours going, Kwangmin?"

"You should change, hyung. Stop playing around with girls as if they're your personal toys." 

Youngmin blinked and stared at his brother. "What's with you?"

Silence.

"Well anyways, Hyunseong hyung's party. Let's go?" 

Kwangmin merely nodded and the two of them walked out of the school.


Okay, I wanna talk to you guys again. Well mainly, it's because I miss doing this and another reason is that I feel like this whole chapter lacked. :| I mean, it doesn't add much to the story at all. Even I'm not satisfied. Forgive me please? But you've got to admit, I did leave you guys with a lot of questions, didn't I? ;)

-->asdfiction