Chapter 18

Sweet Connection

Jineul's POV

My eyes slowly fluttered open and it's... dark? Wait, what time is it?! So I fell asleep huh. I looked to my right and saw Kwangmin with his earphones on, reading a book.

I sat up straight rubbing my eyes. I must've been asleep for a long time.

"Oh, you're awake." He said.

"Yeah... sorry about that." I answered, a bit embarassed. It must've been uncomfortable for him. "What were you doing while I was out?"

He held the book up for me to see. "Reading."

I raised an eyebrow. "Where'd you get the book?"

"I always bring a book wherever I go."

"How can you read it, it's nighttime?"

"...night vision?"

"Pabo."

I chuckled and he smiled sheepishly. "Did we get everything on our list?"

Kwangmin glanced on our list and answered, "Nope, we missed a thing or two but don't worry. I can pass by a store on the way home." 

"Are you sure? I could go with you."

"It's fine."

I smiled. "Gomawo, Kwangmin-ah." Kwangmin is so nice. Unlike his jerk brother. Why can't Youngmin be more like him?

"Jineul?" 

I looked up and saw Niel with his friends. Oh... crud. This ain't gonna be pretty. "Niel Oppa..."

He looked at Kwangmin with a glare then back at me. Kwangmin on the other hand didn't seem unfazed. "Jineul-ah, let's go home."

I looked at Kwangmin and he gave me a micro-smile. "Go. Have a safe trip home Jineul."

Before I could even reply, Niel Oppa pulled me by the arm and dragged me away. Geez, why is he so cranky?!

When we were already far away, he released me. I glared at him. "Yah, that was uncalled for! Why did you act so rude in front of Kwangmin?"

He didn't reply and looked away. I heard someone chuckle. "Cut him some slack Jineul. He was frantic looking for you." Chunji Oppa said as he slung an arm over Niel's shoulder.

"Yeah, he was going, 'you guys my little sister is missing come on let's look for her the other gangs might've got her or something!!' awhile ago." Ricky said. 

I blinked. Oppa did that...? "Aish really. Oppa, you can be so paranoid at times."

"Shut up." He said.

Minsoo Oppa walked beside me and grinned, messing my hair up. Yep, I call him 'Minsoo'. His nickname, CAP, is just so frighteningly disturbing. And I don't know why he doesn't like his name. It's kinda cool. "You know how your brother can be. I was surprised to see him at my doorstep awhile ago. He was near to crying." 

Teen Top and I laughed. Niel Oppa punched Minsoo Oppa lightly on the shoulder. Haha, these two. 

I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and I looked to my left. Oh. "Hi Jineul."

"Hey, L.Joe Oppa." 

Now here's the deal with L.Joe Oppa. It's not that I hate him or anything, it's just that I'm uncomfortable when I'm around him. He looks at me as if he has hidden intentions or something. Either way, he still cares about me like all the other Oppas do and he pulls me out of sticky situations so I'm thankful.

"How are you doing? It's been a long time, right?" 

I nodded and pouted. "You guys are always busy."

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. Aish, what is with everyone messing up my hair nowadays?! "That can't be true. You're Teen Top's favorite girl!"

I blushed slightly. Well it is true. Teen Top is always there when I needed an extra hand. I watched as CAP Oppa and Ricky ganged up on Niel and put him on a head lock. L.Joe followed my gaze and he chuckled. "Those dorks." I heard him say.

Changjo jogged up to us and flashed me  big smile. "Hi Jineul!"

"Hey yo!" Then we did our 'secret handshake'. Oh yeah. We're close just like that.

Suddenly Niel Oppa walked towards us and pushed L.Joe and Changjo aside. "Yah yah, hands off my little sister!"

Little?! "Mwo Oppa? Aish I'm not a kid anymore!"

"You are to me!"

Protective much?

Minsoo Oppa chuckled. "Still the same." 

"Hyung is still weird!"

"Mworago?!"

And that's when Ricky ran for dear life while Teen Top and I followed after them.

"Niel, don't hurt our lovely boy!" Chunji Oppa shouted as Niel chased after him.

Dorks.


"Eomma, we're home!" 

Niel Oppa shouted at the doorway as we hung our coats on the rack. Mom peered at us over the kitchen doorway. 

"Ah kids, you're home! Come into the living room quick, I have an important announcement to make." 

Niel Oppa and I looked at each other before going into the living room. Niel Oppa sat down on the couch while I collapsed on the floor. Our mom entered soon after with a huge smile on her face. She kept on looking at us with that expression for a good five minutes.

Niel Oppa and I blinked at her.

"........okay this is freaking me out. What's up mom?" I asked.

"Guess what kids, we're going on a trip!" Mom said.

"A what?" I asked.

"Trip? Where to?" Niel Oppa continued.

"Well, remember the boss I told you about?" The one she was like 'BFFs' with? "She invited us on their family's private resort. And, you can bring your friends too!"

"Are you sure about this mom?" Niel Oppa asked. "I mean wouldn't we be a bother?"

"Nonsense Daniel!" Yep, mom calls Oppa by his real name. I saw him wince upon hearing his name and I chuckled. "She personally invited us 'cause she wanted to meet and bond with you guys."

I mentally groaned. One, I hate trips. Two, I don't wanna mingle with high-class people and strangers. 

"Alright then Eomma." 

Mom squealed and hugged me and Oppa briefly. Then she exited the living room and went up, cheering. Mom is way too old to act like a teenager. As soon as I was sure we were out of Mom's earshot, I groaned and laid down on the floor, stomach facing down.

I felt somebody's foot on my back. "Oppa, go away."

"I know you hate stuff like this but do it for Mom, arasseo?" He said. I sighed. I hate it when he's all 'brotherly-like'.

I swatted his foot away. "Fine fine I will!"

"Good." 

Aish. I hate this so much.


So here you go, an update!
Comments are highly appreciated, really. They motivate me D: