Chapter 2

Sweet Connection

"Aish that guy. Why is he always late?!"

"As if we're not used to it... Yah, Lee Jeongmin stop playing with chalk or else you'll have to clean that up."

"Arasseo you cranky leader."

"Mwuh, cranky?!"

Minwoo threw a paper ball at both of his hyungs. 

"Ouch!"

"Yah!"

"Seriously Jeongmin Hyung, Donghyun Hyung, quit bickering." The youngest said.

"Mianhe maknae." Jeongmin said. "But still, he is taking longer than usual isn't he?"

"Yeah..." Minwoo agreed. "Wanna play hangman?"

"Idiots." Hyunseong muttered.

Boyfriend, the school's most prestigious group, also known as the school Kingka's, uses a deserted classroom at the highest floor of the building as their own 'lounge'. The teachers gave them full permission to use it since their families are known 'elites' in Korea and have contributed a great amount to the school.

Hyunseong was about to leave the room to look for Youngmin, when he spotted Kwangmin at the corner of the classroom.

He was fiddling with a white book, flipping through the pages as if he was trying to solve a really hard puzzle. Hyunseong was sure that we was not reading the book though.

Curious, he slowly crept towards Kwangmin and sat on the desk opposite of him.

"Hey dongsaeng, what are you doing?" He asked.

No reply. Kwangmin just kept on searching through the book.

"Is there something wrong?" Hyunseong asked further.

"...nothing..." He replied quietly.

Hyunseong looked at Kwangmin weirdly. "Alright then..."

Hyunseong walked away and joined the others, leaving Kwangmin in his own little world.

He continued rummaging through the pages but stopped at mid-center.

"Ah."

He picked up a paper inserted inside. Something was written on it in black ink.

If found, please contact owner at:
[email protected]

Kwangmin flipped the book and on the book cover it read.

Property of Ahn Jineul

He smiled to himself. "Bingo, I found you. But a girl...?"

Property of Ahn Jineul

"Why would a girl throw a book at me?"

"Jo Youngmin, you rascal! What took you so long?" Donghyun asked the blonde lad who just entered.

He shrugged in return. "Seonsaengnim didn't  give us any time limit in using this room."

"Good point." Jeongmin agreed. "Hey, what are you holding?"

Youngmin walked towards the teacher's table and dumped a stack of papers on it. 

"Whoa, Youngmin! Letter confessions again!" Minwoo exclaimed.

"Yah, you wouldn't mind if I ask one of them out instead right?" 

"Sure Jeongmin Hyung. Knock yourself out." 

"Arasseo, arasseo. Let's head out everyone." Donghyun said heading for the door.

Everyone followed and the twins were the last ones left behind.

Youngmin was about to walk out when he noticed his brother sitting there, staring into space. "Hey, what are you doing there?"

Kwangmin snapped out of his trance. "Huh?"

"What's with you? The others are leaving now." Youngmin replied. 

"Oh, right." Kwangmin stood up holding the book. "Kaja hyung."

Kwangmin walked out first. He was almost at the door when Youngmin saw a small piece of paper fall from the book his twin was holding.

He bent and picked it up from the floor.

"Yah, Kwangmin!" He called out.

But his twin was already nowhere to be found.

He looked at the paper and read its contents.

"An e-mail address?" He mumbled. He then smirked and placed it inside his pocket.


Jineul's POV

I walked out of the school building, dismayed. I spent the whole day looking for my book, only to find negative results.

I searched through all of the places I could think of. I even asked the janitor if he found it lying somewhere.

But no. Nothing.

And it's all thanks to that jerk, Youngmin.

That book... he has no idea how important that book is to me.

The one and only thing that holds me and my best friend together.

FLASHBACK

"Look at this, Jinyoung-ah! Isn't it pretty?" I held the snow globe in both hands and showed it to my playmate.

beep...beep...

"Whaaa! Yes it is!" Jinyoung took it from my hands and admired it, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

I stood on my tippy toes and leaned on the edge of his bed.

beep...beep...

"Youngie-ah, do you want it?"

He blinked. "What?"

beep...beep...

I smiled brightly at him. "You can have it! I know staying here bores you... treat it as an advance birthday gift."

beep...beep...

"Then," He pulled something from under his pillow. "You can keep this!"

He handed me a white book with a picture of a small, blonde boy on the cover. "The Little Prince...?"

"I'm done reading it. Tell me what you think of it, okay?"

beep...beep...

"Jineul honey, come on. Visiting hours is over." My mom grabbed my hand and walked me out of the door.

I smiled and held the book close to my chest. "Thank you Jinyoungie! I'll visit again soon, I promise!"

beep...

END OF FLASHBACK

Unconsciously, I stopped walking after remembering the scene I once shared with my best friend when we were 8.

"Jinyoung-ah..." I muttered.

Traitor tears started to fall from my eyes. At the same time, rain started to pour.

Gee. Even the weather is mocking me. Thanks rain.

I slowly sat down on a ball-like position. I was already wet, so what's the point of looking for shelter? Embarassing myself? That's not a problem. I seem to be doing this in a day-to-day basis. So it doesn't matter.

About two to three minutes have passed, I still haven't moved from my spot.

"Mianhe, Jinyoung-ah..."

I sat there for another minute when I felt as if the rain's not hitting me anymore. I looked to my right and saw a black umbrella shielding me from the rain.

"Who...?" I looked around only to find a silhouette walking away.

A girl? Ani...a boy? It's a boy isn't it?

 

"Eomma, when will Jinyoung leave the hospital? I want to show him the rest of my snow globe collection!"

My mom'sgaze softened. "It won't be long 'til he does, Jineul."

"Great! Can he go to our house?" 

We stopped walking and my Mom bent down to my level. "I'm not sure about that sweetie... but I'm sure he'll go to a beautiful place."

"Huh?"

 

I buried my head between my knees.

 

"Mommy, can we go visit Jinyoung today?" I asked picking up the prettiest snow globe off the shelf.

"I'm afraid we can't honey. Jinyoung just checked out of the hospital." Mom explained.

"Chincha?! Yay! I'll go to his house--"

"Sweetie," I stopped and looked at her. "Jinyoung he... he went to that very beautiful place today."

 

Tears pricked my eyes once more.

 

I stood by the grave of my best friend. I looked at it in horror and sadness. 

After offering flowers, my Mom held me by the hand. On the other, I gripped the book he gave e with much force an 8-year old can give. 

"Jinyoungie..."

"Jingyoung-ah..."

"I'll treasure this book forever."

"I promise I'll find your book."

End of POV


"Omo, why are you dripping wet?!" Minwoo exclaimed.

"I... left my umbrella."

Donghyun eyed his dongsaeng and smirked.

"What a very interesting twist."