Chapter 11

Sweet Connection

The young lad frowned as he fidgeted on his seat. 

"Driver Park, can't you drive a little faster?"

"I'm above the speed limit, Sir."

"Well it's not enough!"

Mrs. Jo placed a hand on Kwangmin's shoulder. "Calm down Kwangmin. We'll get there soon enough." 

He frowned. He had been restless eversince last night. It wasn't normal. It's the first time he ever cared about someone besides his family.

Looking out of the window, Kwangmin gripped his seat tightly. 

"Kwangmin-ah, calm down. They're fine." Mrs. Jo reassured. "Come on now, don't you trust me?"

"I do," He said out of gritted teeth. "It's Youngmin I don't."


The car skidded to a stop in front of the mansion and Kwangmin was the first to get out. Without even glancing back, he jolted through the door.

Only one thing was on his mind; to find Jineul and make sure she was okay.

Dodging the maids who greeted him, he entered the kitchen only to find it empty.

"They're not here?" He thought. "Maybe in the living room."

Kwangmin walked briskly as he headed to the living room, only to have his jaw dropped upon arriving there.

"W-What is this...?"

There snuggled on the couch, were the sleeping figures of Jo Youngmin and Ahn Jineul. Youngmin was in a sitting position while Jineul was curled up in a ball. Youngmin's head rested on top of Jineul's.

Kwangmin narrowed his eyes, his heel and left the room. On the way up, he saw his mother going to the same direction he came from.

"Oh Kwangmin, is your brother in the living room? How about Jineul? Have you--"

"No idea."

Mrs. Jo looked at Kwangmin go grumpily up the stairs. She jumped a little as she heard his bedroom door close with a loud 'bang'. Shrugging, she entered the living room.

"Oh my, what have we here?"

With that statement, Youngmin's eyes fluttered open. His head jolted up.

"Eomma, you're back?" He asked.

Mrs. Jo half smirked, half smiled. "Yes. I see you had fun."

"Mwuh?" Youngmin looked to his right and groaned. "Aww no Eomma, you can't be serious!"

He was about to stand up but his Mom stopped him with a raise of her hand.

"Her head."

Youngmin looked at Jineul who was still sleeping soundly, her head on his shoulder. "Lay her down gently."

"But Eomma--"

"Don't tell me you're disobeying me?" Youngmin kept his mouth shut. "Good, I'll prepare breakfast now!"

Youngmin frowned as he watched his Mom leave the room. Being as gentle as possible, he lifted Jineul's head from his shoulder. He then fixed her position from sitting to lying down. He smiled slightly when Jineul did not wake up.

He sighed. "You're really troublesome."


Jineul's POV

Mmmm... what smells so good? What a mouth-watering aroma of bacon... and eggs? Those are eggs, right?

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself facing the ceiling. Ah, I'm still at the jerk's place.

I sat up and heard ringing in my ears. My head's throbbing.

Oww... it hurts.

I clutched my head but I felt something else.

Headphones...?

Then everything came flooding back to me. 

"Last night... thunder storm... headphones... blanket... Youngmin..."

 

I heard shuffling and footsteps. Why did he come back? Then, I felt something thick wrap around my shoulders and body, keeping me warm. A blanket?

"What--"

I was stopped when he placed huge headphones on my head, the type that you use for recording and stuff. Gentle music played. Classical music. Thanks to this, I couldn't hear the thunder anymore. I felt peaceful. I feel... secured.

I groaned and buried my face in my palms. Great now I owe that jerk something.

"Oh Jineul, you're awake!"

I looked up and saw Auntie Yanghee. Yep, I still wanna gag when I call her that. 

"Good Morning." I replied.

"Good Morning dear," She said. "Come now, eat breakfast. Then I'll have a driver bring you home."

"Ne."

I smiled as I followed her into the kitchen. But that smile vanished quickly.

Oh great. Oppa's gonna kill me.

End of POV


 

Youngmin entered his room but was surprised when he saw a 'misplaced' item.

"What's up?"

His twin brother shifted uneasily as he sat on Youngmin's bed.

"Your room's still messy..."

Youngmin raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you came here just to tell me that?"

Kwangmin stayed silent. His eyes never left his older brother's figure.

Youngmin sighed. "Where's the nerd?"

"She woke up, Mom gave her breakfast, then left."

The blonde lad replied by nodding. As soon as he finished putting on a set fresh of clothes, he sat down on his desk drying his hair.

"So, what happened last night?" Kwangmin asked as his brother the laptop.

"Nothing much. We barely talked."

"It must've been uncomfortable for you."

"A little. I kept my distance."

Kwangmin narrowed his eyes. "That's not what I saw."

"I see."

Then there was silence. Only the sound of fast typing can be heard. Kwangmin's eyes lingered on the floor.

"That was Youngmin's headphones, the one Jineul returned earlier..."

Flashback

Kwangmin lay tiredly on his bed. He didn't even bother changing. For one thing, he knows that his brother hated Jineul. He'd rather shave his blonde locks bald than stay in the same room as her. So why were they cuddling?

Another was himself. Why is he bothered so much by this? He only met Jineul about, 2 days ago. And yet, he acts like he's her boyfriend or something.

His train of thought wasinterrupted by a knock on the door.

"Eomma, go away." He said rather harshly.

The door creaked open and Jineul popped her head in. "Actually, it's me. Can I enter?"

Kwangmin sat up and nodded. "Sure. Mian, I thought you were my mother."

"It's no big deal," She replied. "Speaking of, she wants you to come down for breakfast."

"How about you?"

"I'm done. I'm leaving in a while."

Jineul walked up to Kwangmin and stopped just a few feet from him. "I've a favor to ask. Can you return this to Youngmin?"

She stretched out her hand which had Youngmin's headphones in it. Kwangmin got it hesitantly. 

"I don't wanna be rude, but why don't you return it yourself?" He asked.

"I don't think I'm the person he wants to see in the moment..." She trailed off. "Besides, I don't want to annoy him early in the morning."

"Fine. I'll give it to him."

Jineul smiled. "Thanks Kwangmin, you're the best! I have to leave now. See you in school!"

The door shut close. Kwangmin looked at the headphones and frowned. 

"I need to know what exactly happened last night."

 

End of Flashback

Kwangmin stood up and placed the headphones on his brother's desk, just beside the laptop. Youngmin looked at it and had an immediate change of expression.

"She says thanks," Kwangmin said.

"Oh. Whatever."

"Same old, same old." He thought. "Come down for breakfast Youngmin-ah."

"I'll be there in a minute." 

Kwangmin rolled his eyes and went out of Youngmin's room. As soon as he was out, he ruffled his head. 

"Well I didn't get any answer to my questions at all."

"I guess I have to find out myself..."


 

MERRY CHRISTMAS! ^o^

Since it's the most wonderful time of the year, I decided to give you guys an update. As a Christmas gift~ :) I still haven't got the 'enthusiasm' I have before, but I still have a lot of ideas for this and I don't wanna waste them all.

So good news, I'll update this story! It's officially out of Hiatus~ But probably not as fast as before. I'm gonna need time to come up with a satisfactory chapter, okay?

I hope you liked this chapter. Again, Happy Holidays! ^_^
-->asdfiction