Awkward Wake Up

Little Red

 

The sun was slowly rising above the horizon.  It’s yellow rays painting the sky golden as it kissed the open sky.  The beams of light streamed through the glass windows of a particular house in the woods.  It shone brightly onto the faces of two people who were sleeping silently.  Tao and you had somehow ended up lying on the couch with you on the inside with his arms wrapped around his waist and the blanket draped over you.  To any onlooker the two of you would look like a perfect couple.  Tao held you closely to him as he rested his head on his arm.  His other arm was under your head as a pillow.  You snuggled in closer to him in your sleep. 

Suddenly there was noise invading the serene picture.  Voices and the sounds of shuffling feet filled the room.  Eyes were boring into Tao.  Ten eyes to be exact. 

“Didn’t know Tao had it in him.”

“What is he doing lying with her?”

“That’s what happened to him.”

“How did they end up like that?”

“Why is she in here?  I thought I put her in my bed.” 

Many voices made themselves present as the boys debated on how this all happened.  They had just gotten back from their run so they were still exhilarated with the post adrenaline rush.  They were bickering over where or not they should wake the both of you up.  Voices were getting louder as they tried to get their opinions heard. 

Finally a pair of eyes opened.

“Will you guys shut up?  I’m trying to sleep here,” Tao hissed over his shoulder.  He pretended he fell back asleep when he was really watching your face.  The sunlight that was streaming through the windows shown brightly on your face making you look like an angel.  The only thing that was ruining it was the voices that kept intruding his head.  It seems they hadn’t heard his voice and are still bickering.  At this point you will be woken up.  And his prediction came true.  Right then you started to move slowly.  You tiredly rubbed the sleep from your eyes and ran a hand through your hair.  You tried to sit up but something was keeping your planted to the position you were in.  Slowly you opened up your eyes and peered at the unfamiliar setting. 

Tao had his arms around your waist and was staring at you.  The rest of Exo-M was standing by the doorway staring at you.  You didn’t know what to say.  How could you explain this?

“Um…” was the only thing that came out of your mouth.  You thought they weren’t talking because they were angry with you.  You couldn’t be farther from the truth.

You looked alluring with your half lidded eyes that were heavy from sleep.  The sun caressed your skin and formed a hallow around your head.  Your face was fair and flawless and was framed by your brown silky hair.  It was slightly messy but that only added to the attractiveness you held them captivated by. 

“I’m sorry I should leave.”  You pulled away from Tao and stood up from the couch.  You were still drowsy so you stumbled a bit.  Six pairs of hands shot out to catch you but only one was fast enough.  You were waiting for the impact of the ground when you were pulled up and into something hard.  You peeked open your eyes and looked into the face of Lay.  He was smiling showing off his dimples.  You turned pink and scrambled out of his arms. 

“Thank you L-lay-shi,” you stuttered.  Your cheeks were slightly pink as you tried to play it off.  He chuckled at your cuteness and continued to smile.  The others however were watching you two with jealously in their eyes.  All of them had “Stupid Lay,” running through their heads. 

“So Tao, what were you doing to Haebin?” Kris asked raising an eyebrow.  Honestly, he was jealous when he saw you in Tao’s arms and not his bed.  He oddly felt very possessive over you.  ‘Why am I acting like this?’

“H-he w-was try-”

“She was crying alone,” Tao cut you off.  You could literally feel the stares of all of them probing at you.  You awkwardly cleared you throat and stood up once more to leave. 

“I think it’s time that I leave.”  You bow to them and say your thanks.  You head towards the door and say one last thank you before leaving. 

 

“So, Tao.  What did you do to Haebin?”  Kris wants to know why you were sleeping out here when he put you in his bed.  He felt something stir in his chest and he didn’t like it. 

“Why do you want to know gege?”  Tao could sense that something was wrong with Kris.  Could it be jealously?

“Knock it off you two.”  Luhan was tired from their run and wanted to sleep.  The last thing he needed was the sounds of these two bickering fill the house.  He closed his eyes and gently rubbed his temples.  Surprisingly the first thing that came to his mind was you.  He felt something warm and pleasant in his stomach.  ‘Am I getting sick?’  He scrunched his eyebrows together and tried to push you out of his mind.  Luhan walked out of the room.  He let his feet lead them to wherever they may go.  Oddly enough he ended up in Kris’s room.  Scratching his head he looked around.  That’s when he noticed it.  You had left your stuff at their house.  Biting his lip he contemplated whether or not he should give them back to you.  ‘Should I or should I not?’

 

You were walking down the path.  The ground was still moist with the morning dew.  The air was chilly making you shiver. 

“I should’ve worn a thicker coat.”  You could see your own breathe in the air.  Winter must be nearing.  You continued to walk down the path thinking about how awkward it was to wake up like that.  You probably looked really bad too.  Then you realized something.

“Shot I forgot my stuff!”  You turned around only to bump into something hard.  You were about to hit the ground when something caught you by your waist.  You looked up and found Luhan holding you up.  You let out a small squeak and quickly scrambled to get out of his embrace. 

“L-Luhan-shi!”  You were scared that he was mad at you.  He just stared at you with a blank expression.  Instead of saying anything, he held up something that look strangely familiar.  It was your bag! 

“Oh thank you Luhan-shi.”  You made a reach for your bag but when your hand got closer, he pulled it above his head so you couldn’t reach it. 

“You owe me,” was all he said before he dropped your bag on the ground and left.  You watched his figure in disbelief.  Rolling your eyes you picked up your bag to see if anything broke.  Thankfully not and the only damage was some stains.  Puffing out your cheeks you started your way home. 

 

“Man I’m such an idiot!”  Luhan was cursing himself as he watched you walk away from the trees.  “What kind of guy just drops a girls bag?”  He smacked himself in the face.  “But why do I even care?  Gosh this girl is trouble.”  He didn’t even know why he bothered to bring you your bag and he had no clue why he even cared about you at all.  Luhan watched your figure become smaller and smaller before you were out of sight.  Sighing he vanished into the darkness of the forest. 

 

When you finally got home you took a long hot bath.  After you put on some comfy clothes and started the task to fix your cloak.  You examined the tare with a careful eye.  You then got some red thread and a needle before hand sowing the rip closed.  You hummed soft song while doing your work.  This reminded you of all the times you watched your mother sow.  She was the one who taught you.  You remembered the way her long delicate fingers working nimbly with the needle and thread as she made wonderful masterpieces.  She made all your clothes and even your Halloween costumes.  All the girls at the playground you always went to were always jealous of all the pretty dresses you got to wear.  You missed her so much.  Then a dark red spot formed onto the cloak.  Then another and another.  You were crying.  A small sob escaped your lips as you clenched your heart.  You missed your mom so much.  You missed your dad so much. 

Sob after sob escaped from your body as you curled up into a ball.  The pain the wretched through your heart was the worst pain you’ve ever felt.  Your nails dug into your skin as you clutched on tighter to yourself.  You felt so alone.  You almost wish you never left Exo-M’s house.  At least there you would have someone to talk to.  But here you are alone and crying.  Soon though, your tears stopped.  Your eyes felt droopy and soon you feel asleep with a very wet cloak. 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------

Hello~

I'm back :D  Ok so I'll tell you what happened but you can skip this if you want.

So I was in the hospital unconcious for 3 days and they don't know whats wrong with me.  I got home like this Friday but I needed a lot of rest so I didn't update until today.  And that's pretty much it!  I want to say thank you to all of those who understood and told me to get better.  You don't know how much it ment to me to read all of your guys's words of incouragement <3  Love you all!

babypie271

carolain

shiryokeii

Sooyong

kpop_1101

LittleAsianNinja

LePand1506

Thank you all! <3

Ok and about last chapter.... I want to give a shout all to -perfectparade skyromantica and LePand1506 For getting the name of the dad right!  His name is *drumroll* KIM JAEJOONG!  Hehe I'm a new cassie so yep ^^

Hope this chapter wasn't to boring~