Long Day {Part 2}

Little Red

 

You ran all the way to school.  You arrived at school and saw the school gates closing.  

"Shoot!"  You sprinted and almost got caught by the gate that shut right behind you.  You wiped the invisible sweat off your face and rushed into school.  You went right to class without dropping off your bag.  You open the door slightly to see if the teacher had come yet.  Thank God he hasn't.  You sighed in relief and walked in and to your seat by Minhyuk.

"What happened to you?"  Minhyuk was staring at your forehead.  He poked the bandage that made you hiss.

"Hey!  Don't poke it!"  You swat his hands away and rub your forehead.  You pout and try to make the stinging go away.  Just then exo walked in.  Girls swarmed them right away.  The walked in coolly and went to their usual spots in the back.  

 

"Hey want happened to her head?"  They had just walked in and Kris took notice of the bandage on your head immediately. 

“How should we know hyung?  Damn I’m tired from last night.”

“That’s what you get for being caught by the sun Tao.”  Tao shot a death glare at Xiumin before rubbing his tired eyes.  ‘Man, why was I still out?  My memories are still hazy, but that sent…’

“Hey Tao why did you come in late anyways?”  Lay was curious as to what would keep their youngest member out at night.

“I can’t remember, it’s all hazy.  All I really remember is smelling something really sweet…kind of like….like honeysuckle.”

“Do you think it was her?”  Chen wanted to find the girls with the red cloak ever sense they found her walking in the woods. 

“Who?”

“The girl with the red cloak!” 

“Oh her, it might have been.  I wonder who she is.”  All the members think back to the day they followed the mysterious girl into the woods.  How they even skipped a nightly run to follow her.  She was a mystery, and they wanted to solve her. 

“Do you think she goes to this school?” Luhan asks.  He would think they could smell her out with her sent and all.

“Did you forget how horrible everyone else smells Lu?”  Kris takes a look around the room and scrunches his nose.  Everyone in this classroom had a horrible smell.  The girls smelled of perfume, which mixed with their natural sent, and it didn’t smell very nice.  The guys… well, they just didn’t like the male smell very much.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about them.”

“Bye Haebin!” the really annoying guy Minhyuk and his friend shout threw the doorway.  We turn to look at you for a second before turning away.

“Man they’re annoying.”

“Tell me about it.  They smell funny too.”

“You could say that again.”

“They smell funny too.”  Luhan rolls his eyes and punches Chen in the arm. 

“So how’s your project going?” Luhan teases Lay. 

“Awful.  She won’t stop staring at me!  I swear I feel like she’s going to eat me!”  Lay has this horrified expression on his face as he remembers taking notes with Yoona for the whole day.  Xiumin gives his a sympathetic slap to the shoulder. 

“So Kris, what about you?  How’s it working with Haebin?”

“You know her name Chen?” 

“Of coarse I do!  She has a locker by us and has been in the same class as us for two years now,” he gives s a duh look.

“She’s fine.  I think I scare her though, but at least she isn’t making goggly eyes at me.”
“She’s scared of you?!  AHAHAHA!”  Xiumin cracks up. 

“Oh shut it,” Kris says before pushing Xiumin out of his seat.  He ends up on the floor. 

“Ow!”

“Um, excuse me,” a small voice says. 

“Who do you thi-” Xiumin starts but when he looks up he sees you standing behind him trying to get through.  “Uh, yeah sure,” he says dumbly. 

“Thank you.”  Once he moves you move past him to get to the teacher desk were you drop off a piece of paper before walking back to your seat with Minhyuk.  The whole time their eyes were on you. 

“Man, she’s different,” Chen finally breaks the silence. 

“Yeah, she doesn’t stare at us.”  Lay watches you as you watch the birds outside and smile softly.  He finds himself also smiling.  The boys continue to talk and ignore the fangirls until Mr. Choi walks in. 

 

 

“Hey, what’s it like working with big bad Kris?”  You and Minhyuk were talking with each other waiting for the bell to wring. 

“It’s not that bad but he kinds of scares me,” you say sheepishly.  He just chuckles at you.

“Haebin, any girl would kill to be his partner and you’re just scared of him?  How cute.”  He reaches up to ruffle your hair.  You whine at him and swat his hands away.

“Hey Minhyuk!”  A guy with a really cute smile and black hair comes over. 

“Sup Hyunsik, what do you need?”  Minhyuk does that bro hug think with this Hyunsik guy. 

“The group needs you, we are working on choreo for the new dance.”  Then the Hyunsik guy takes notice of you.  “Oh, who’s the pretty lady over here?” he asks smiling at you.  You shyly smile back.

“This is Haebin, MY best friend,” Minhyuk says proudly. 

“What?!  I though I was your best friend?!” Hyunsik says dramatically.  You giggle a bit at their weird relationship.

“Minhyuk you should go, I’ll tell the teacher.” 

“Didn’t I tell you to call me oppa?” he whines.  You roll your eyes at him and push him to go with his friend. 

“Bye Haebin!” they both yell from the doorway.  People turn to look at you and you blush and turn away.  You turn to look out the window.  You see in the tree branch that there is a nest with two baby birds in it.  You watch as the mother feeds her babies with a soft smile.  You watch the birds and read your book until Mr. Choi walks in.

“Ok class, today is going to be another work day so please sit with your partners and work.  Oh and one last thing!  You need to make a presentation of some sorts!” he announces before propping his feet up and reading a magazine.  Some teacher he is. 

You were about to get up when you hear the seat next to you move.  You look over and fine Kris already sitting by you. 

“So how do you want to present this?” he asks.  His voice sounds cold and void of emotion.  It chills you to the bone. 

“U-um, how about we do slideshow with pictures and key facts while we talk about the facts but in more detail?”  You can’t look him in the eye so you don’t know if he thinks its stupid or not.

“Fine, whatever.  I’ll come up with the details and you can start working on the slideshow.”

The two of you work together until the lunch bell rings.  The entire time it was silent.  It wasn’t an awkward silence; it was more of a soft silence.  He didn’t want to talk to you and you didn’t mind.  You stretch your arms out and get ready to meet Minhyuk in the garden again. 

You met Minhyuk in the garden and you both sat down to share lunches. 

“What did you guys do today?” Minhyuk asked while he had his mouth full of food.  You laughed at his silliness.

“We worked on our projects again but he added a part to the assignment.  Now we have to do some kind of a presentation of some sorts.”

“Aw man!  I’m totally screwed!”  He falls back onto his back and starts being a drama queen.  You roll your eyes and laugh at him.  The both of you are laughing and playing around until the warning bell rings, signaling you to class. 

“Ugh, I don’t wanna go,” Minhyuk pouts.  Sighing, you take his hands and hoist him up. 

“Come on you big baby, we need to go to class.  We can’t just skip.”  You had to drag him to class and it was pretty embarrassing.  You sat down with Kris again and started to work on the presentation.  This time you had to talk though. 

“So this is what I have for the presentation so far…”  You and Kris discussed and split up the lines evenly.  He sat pretty close to you and you could smell him.  He smelled of mint, and strangely of the forest.  You could feel the daggers girls were throwing into your back.  You shifted uncomfortably in your seat.  You cleared your throat and stood up. 

“I’ll be right back, excuse me,” you said gently to Kris.  You walked to the teacher and asked to use the restroom.  While you were in there you splashed your face with cold water. 

“Calm down.  They aren’t going to do anything,” you say to yourself.  You were worried that they would start bullying you over this one assignment.  You were about to walk out when a group of girls walked in.  You knew exactly who they were.  They were the girls in your class that would obsess over exo.

“Haebin is it?” she asks sickly sweet. 

“Y-yes!” you squeak out.  You hands were shaking and your throat was dry.

“Don’t try anything funny with our Kris oppa, or you’ll pay.”  She dropped her sweet act and turned scary.  She and her group of friends looked really menacing and their eyes bored into every inch of your body.  “Well?” she snapped. 

“Oh!  Yeah I won’t!  Promise!”  The give you a piercing look before leaving the bathroom.  Your heart is pumping so hard in your chest and you can feel your pulse pumping through your head. 

“What was that all about?” you whisper to yourself.  Shaking it off you walk back to the classroom and sit next to Kris again. 

“What took you so long?” he asked.

“Sorry,” was all you said.  The both of you started to work in silence again.  When the bell ring you packed up your stuff as fast as you could so you could get to Myungsoo fast enough.  Something however, catches your wrist.

“Hold up there.”  It was Kris.  “You’re coming over tomorrow right?”  You nod.  “Bring everything you need and come around 1.  Do not be late,” he says with a glare before walking off towards his friends.  ‘Wow he’s scary.’  You snap out of your thoughts and quickly rush to get to the library. 

“Sorry Myungsoo!”  You were ten minutes late to the library thanks to Kris. 

“It’s fine noona!”  You ruffle his hair and you two start to work.

“Ok so here is the equation for slope m=y2-y1/x2-x1.  Or you could use rise/run.  So here you need to use the coordinates (9,8) and (7,2) to fine their slope.  So replace the letters for number in your equation.”

“So it would be m=2-8/7-9?”  You two have been working for hours now and it was getting late.  This was his last question.

“Yep!  So now solve it.”

“m=-6/-2=6/2…”  After some thinking he finally finished his homework for the day and it was time for you to walk him home. 

“Myung I’m walking you home again, let’s go.”  You two were walking down his road.  It was dark out and their was mist on the ground. 

“Noona why aren’t you wearing your red cape today?” he asked you as you were walking.

“It’s a cloak, and I ripped it this morning,” you say frowning. 

“Awe, will you be able to fix it?”  You give him a small smile. 

“Yeah, I will.”  You two arrived at his house.

“Myungsoo what took you so lo- Haebin?”  Minhyuk was standing in the doorway to Myungsoo’s house. 

“Min?  What are you doing here?”
“I should be asking you that.  Are you my little brother’s tutor that he won’t shut up about?”  You can see Myungsoo’s ears turn red. 

“I guess so,” you say with a laugh.  You two talk and then he offers you to walk you home. 

“Haebin, you’re a girl walking alone at night.  Please let me walk you home.”  After begging and some threatening you let him walk you home. 

It was a noisy walk home.  You and Min talked up a storm after discovering that you were his little brother’s tutor. 

“You know he won’t shut up about you?” he says flailing his arms around with a flustered look.  You giggle at him and shake your head.  You laugh and joke before you finally make it to your house. 

“Wow you leave all the way out here in the woods huh?  Well, goodnight Haebin!” he says before walking off the porch.  You walk inside and lock your door. 

 

‘Man I didn’t know she lived out here.  I have to keep a closer eye on her.’

 

------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update I'm just really tired today :(