Awkward in a Good Way

Little Red

Your eyes hurt from the sudden exposure to the bright lights of the hospital bedroom.  You could still feel your hand being held by Kris.  His warm hand wrapped around your small frail one.  They fit together perfectly. 

“You’re awake.”

He looked at you deeply in the eyes, his were so soft and gentle looking. 

“I’m awake.”

 “I heard you.”

Kris’s eyes widened when he heard you say that.  That meant you heard him and everything he had ever said to you while you were asleep.  He didn’t know that you only heard his last few words earlier.

You silently looked around the room trying to see if your best friend was here.  But he wasn’t.  You were slightly glad the Minhyuk wasn’t here.  You didn’t want him to see you in this state.  Not when you were so tainted and so dirty. 

“Where is he?” 

You were so scared of him that you couldn’t say his name.  The man who violated you and took away your pure body and skin. 

“Lay isn’t here don’t worry.  I will never let him near you again.”

Thinking of Lay made his blood boil.  When they found you bloody and battered in Minhyuk’s arms they immediately knew that Lay was the cause of it.  They were furious with him.  Kris himself gave him a swift upper cut before taking you and Minhyuk to the hospital to get treated. 

He hasn’t left you side sense he brought you in.

“I’ll go get you a doctor.”

He got up and began to let go of your hand when you pulled him back.

“Please don’t go.” 

Your voice was just a whisper and sounded so broken that he didn’t have the heart to leave you.  So he sat back down in the chair next to your bed and held your hand with both of his hands.

“You don’t know how worried I’ve been these past few days.”

He was worried about you?  You felt a warm feeling spread throughout your body and your cheeks turned pink.

“I’m sorry to make you worry.”

“You don’t have to be sorry.  I will always worry about you no matter what.  Whether it be if you ate enough at lunch, if you got enough sleep at night, or if you got home safely.  I will always worry.”

He stared into your eyes as he said these words.  Then he stood up and did something that made your whole face turn tomato red.  He leaned over you and kissed you on the forehead.  His lips were soft and smooth.  He lingered on your skin for what seemed like hours before he pulled away and gave you a heart stopping smile.  The place where he kissed you felt like fire and that warmth spread throughout your face. 

You smiled back at him shyly.  You weren’t used to this type of contact with another guy your age other than the hugs and occasional head kisses from Minhyuk.  It made your stomach to flips and your heart was going haywire. 

There was a comfortable silence that covered the both of you.  Time flew by as the two spent it reading books or just taking the occasional look at each other.  Kris kept holding your hand, subconsciously drawing circles on the back of your hand with his thumb.

It was slightly awkward, but it was a good awkward.  The type of awkwardness the usually coated a newly formed couple or a baby taking their first steps for the first time.  It was a happy awkward. 

For the time he sat with you, you forgot all about why you were even in the hospital.  You forgot how dirty you previously felt and how you should be embarrassed from letting a man touch you the way you let Lay touch you. 

But Kris didn’t make you feel used or tainted.  He made you feel, fresh and new.  He made you feel beautiful. 

Just the way he looked at you sent a stampede through you stomach and your skin feel feverish.  It made you smile. 

 

KRIS’S POV

I looked at the beautiful girl who just went through so much.  She was so strong to be able to still smile after what that bastard did to her. 

She was silently reading a book while I was watching her.  My book, forgotten in my lap.  I had come to the realization the other night that I liked this girl who was sitting right in front of me.  Never in my life had I begged for anything, and I begged for this girl to wake up because I care for her.  It wasn’t love for sure but there was a definite connection I felt to her.

She was the most beautiful thing in the world to me. 

I was so mad at Lay and myself when I found her lying in that guys arms.  I punched him, not holding back a single ounce of strength dislocating his jaw.  But I knew he would be alright.  I didn’t know if she would though.

Throughout the five days I stayed by her side not leaving her for a single second.  I forced the other guy to get some rest with his injuries.  He was human too, he had to heal.  I offered to pay for his medical bills and he accepted. 

Though he only took it after I threatened to let Lay see her, which I wouldn’t have done ether way.  I just wanted to make sure we didn’t owe him anything.  If there was something I hated more than seeing her in pain, it would be owing someone something. 

It was a way to take control over someone.  I never wanted to be controlled over, not when I lost control over myself for half my life. 

I shook my head to get those negative thoughts out of my head.  I didn’t want to think about it. 

“What’s wrong?” 

Her voice was like small bells, it was like music to my ears. 

“Nothing, just trying to forget everything of this past week.”

I smiled sadly at her though I knew I didn’t convince her.  She gave me a confused look for a second before going back to reading her book. 

The doctor had visited earlier and had said that she was clear to go home later that night.  I asked her where she lived and she told me where and it made me concerned.  I didn’t feel comfortable leaving a newly discharged hospital patient alone in the middle of the woods where there was no one there to check up on her.

So with a lot of arguing and convincing, she agreed to let me stay a few nights with her until we knew for sure that there were any underlying complications her head injury. 

I was going to spend a night alone with Park Haebin.

 

 



Hello

I am back with another update for y'all

hope you like it!

with love

~HoursTillDawn