Long Day {Part 1}

Little Red

You pried your eyes open.  It was still dark out.  It was dead at night.  Their was a light mist out on the trail.  Everything had an eerie feel.  Goosebumbs trailed your arms as the wind blew by.  Its cool mist felt like icicles.  You got up and whiped your face from your tears.  You could still hear the fait sounds of howling.  

Scared, you started to run.  'Please please let me get home safe.'  You ran as fast as your legs could take you.  You knew that you were a coward for running, but you couldn't help it.  You kept hearing sounds.  Howling.  Twigs snapping.  Leaves rustling.  Footsteps following.  Everywhere you looks, the forest lined your path.  You looked past the line of trees into the actual woods.  A pair of yellow glowing eyes stared right back.  

You let out a blood curtling scream.  You backed up, keeping your eyes on whatever was infront of you.  You didn't dare turn you back on it.  The eyes came closer and closer.  Finally it sprang out from the woods.  You screamed again and closed your eyes waiting for pain.  

But all you got was a meow.  

"What?"  You open your eyes and see a black cat sitting infront of you.  It stared at you before hissing and jumping back into the darkness.  You laughed at yourself.  

"Come on Haebin, get a grip."  You giggled a little before turning around.  And what you saw made your blood run cold.  

Standing infront of you, was a creature twice as tall as any human you've ever seen before.  It skin was a sickly grey.  It had yellow glowing eyes and teeth as sharp as a knife.  It was the monster.  You remember those eyes.  The way they shone in intellegence yet with cold emptiness.  You couldn't move.  You couldn't breath.  It hadden't noticed you yet.  It was crouched on the ground smelling the air.  You could see its breath coming from its snout.  You watched it.  Edging closer towards you.  Finally it took notice of you.  It stared at you for what seemed like hours.  It bared its teeth.  It growled and howled at the moon.  It got ready for the attack.  Just as it was about to pounce, the sun shoned through the tress.  It was daylight.  It whimpered before dissapearing into the woods.  The darkness swallowing it whole.  

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding.  Slowly you started to move.  You backed away from the spot were it disappeared and ran.  You ran down the trail, afraid that it would come back.  You didn't see a big rock on the trail and tripped over it.  You face planted into the ground and cut up your knees.  Your face was full of tears, mud, and blood.  The pain in your face was worsened by your tears.  You got up slowly and started to run again.  Blood was pooring down your forhead and knees.  

You stumbled into your house.  You closed the door and made sure it was locked.  Then you sunk to the floor.  Your body couldn't take what just happend.  You were just face to face with your worst nightmare.  

The creature was still alive.  And it lived in the woods.   

You sat there staring at nothing until you could hear your alarm go off in your room.  You picked yourself off the floor and made your way to your bathroom.  You pealed off your clothes and stepped into the shower.  You hissed as the scorching water hit your cuts, washing away the blood.  Washing away the dirt, you let your mind wander off.  Once you were done you stepped out and wrapped yourself in a fluffy white towel.  

You got a fresh uniform out and put it on after dressing your wounds.  You had a bandage on your forhead and gauze on wrapped around your knees.  You put your dirty uniform in the laundry basket and picked up your red cloak.  It was diry and wet.  You looked at it closely and saw a rip in it.  You sighed and gently plassed it the washing machine making a mentle note to fix it later.  Looking at the time your sqeaked and grabbed your sweater before rushing out the door.  

Today was going to be a long day.

 

 

------------------------------------------

Here ya go!  Sorry it's short its just that I have homework tonight!  I'll update again tomorrow though for sure because I have Friday off :D