A Secret Love

Little Red

“Five six seven eight!” 

Music came blaring out from the speakers of the studio in the upper level of Exo’s house.  You and Lay were hard at work putting together a piece to show in the short amount of time the two of you had to prepare. 

Sweat rolled down your temple and down your neck as you tried to perform to a level that looked decent.  You had simply no idea why Mr. Choi thought you could dance.  It was the exact opposite.  A person with two left feet could dance better than you.

You were just grateful that Lay was patient enough to go over each step individually and even reteach you certain steps.  With his help you didn’t look half bad.

Suddenly through the mist of dancing the music stopped.  You looked at Lay in confusion, you were sure you didn’t mess up this time but you could be wrong.

“What did I do this time?”

“You’re too tense, loosen up a bit.” 

It wasn’t your fault you might’ve looked awkward though in your opinion.  The dance was a little proactive for your tastes and you did need to have chemistry with your partner to pull it off, and you were sure you and Lay didn’t have much of that. 

The dance was a little less than two minutes but through the whole thing you had to have or appear to have, a sort of to really capture the audience and to sell the routine.

Too make things more complicated you also had to tell a story.  You had to portray the look of utter hate and disgust but also anger and loss.  To act wasn’t one of your strongest points ether but you could pull of the loss pretty easily because you had no clue what to do or what you were doing.

“Ok, let’s try again from the top.”

“Just gonna stand there are watch me cry…”

The music came flowing out through the speakers and you moved your body to the best of its ability.  You really didn’t want to ruin this whole thing for Lay because it wasn’t his fault he was paired up with the worst dance partner in the world.

In the dance you had to dance up to the level of a well trained dancer who had studied this style for at least a year of two, but here you are trying your best to follow Lay’s instructions. 

Lay could see that you were struggling.  If this was just himself doing this he would’ve learned it in a day no problem and then just used the rest of his time to clean things up but that wasn’t the case. 

The two of you had been working on this for almost a week and you were just starting to clean things and make changes in the choreography. 

He would see the frustration through your eyes and he could tell that you were loosing your faith in yourself as the days went on.

You struggled with the tutting sections and you still looked really awkward when the crumping came in, making it look like you were being electrified instead of dancing. 

He could also see that you weren’t any closer to him or his brothers ever sense this started.  If it was even possible it got even worse. 

When news about you and him doing this dance together circled around the school, girls have been after you with fire in their eyes. 

You avoided them at all cost and wouldn’t dare do anything without those pesky boys who you called friends.

 

Together you dance for another grueling three hours before he called it a day.  You were laying on the floor in a sweaty heap trying to catch your breath before you pulled yourself up and trudged over to pack up your bag. 

Sweat rolled down your neck and disappeared into your shirt and Lay had to hold himself back from doing anything he’d regret. 

He was a man of course and going everyday watching you work yourself into a sweat everyday and dance that routine with you and your attractive body was a definite test of his self control.

But he also cared about you.  He could always see how scared you were to be around him or any one of his brothers at school and that helped him hold back.

It helped him because he didn’t want to make things any worse for you in the long run even if he did want to claim you as his.

You offered him one last good bye before taking your exit down the stairs. 

 

You quickly headed home in fear of being caught in the dark.  When you finally saw your house in sight your nearly ran inside before locking the door behind you.

You quickly dropped your bag on your couch before heading to the bathroom for a much needed shower.  You quickly peeled your clothes off your sweaty body before hoping into a nice cold shower. 

When you finished you quickly wrapped your hair in a towel and through on a pair of running shorts and a muscle tank.  Of course you put on and a sports bra before doing so, even if you were alone at your house you didn’t want to feel that breezy.

After you quickly got dressed and dried your hair, you went to your room and started on your neglected homework. 

You had been putting of doing it even sense you had started practicing with Lay and because it was the weekend, you decided it was high time you got your weeks worth of homework over and done with. 

Putting on your reading glasses to help your vision out a bit, you started on your math.  After finishing that up you quickly went into English and then literature before moving onto science and history. 

It was easily past midnight when you finished everything and you were damn tired. 

You took a long stretch and a yawn before shutting your textbook and dragging yourself over to your bed. 

Sleepily dragging the covers over your body, you took off your glasses and turned off the lights with the switch that was by your bedpost. 

 

You didn’t seem to notice the six dark figures that hung in the tree line of the forest.  Six pairs of glowing yellow eyes could be seen cutting through the darkness of the sky.

They all stood there firmly in their spots before the sound of approaching footsteps scared them away.

Two much smaller figures than the ones before emerged through the darkness that shrouded the pathway to your house.  Together they walked closer and closer to your front door and knocked.

 

You awoke to the sound of knocking at your front door. 

You rubbed the sleepiness out of your eyes before turning on your bedside lamp.  Who on earth would come knocking on your door at this time of night?

Curiosity got the best of you and before you knew it you were answering the door at 2:30 in the morning. 

There, two familiar males stood before you with sheepish expression as they took in your attire.  You didn’t seem to care though that you were walking around in such little clothing because you were more concerned about what they were doing at your front porch at this godly hour.

“Min? Myung?  What are you doing here?” 

“Hey Haebin can we stay with you for a few nights?”

You then took notice of the bags they were also carrying with them and the curiosity was killing you.  When you were about to further your interrogation you suddenly became aware of the chilling night air and the way Myungsoo would shiver when the biting winds would blow past him. 

Noticing their discomfort for the wind you quickly ushered them inside and into the warmth of your house. 

You quickly your living room lights and offered them glasses of hot chocolate while they set their things down by the door and hopped on your couch.

After getting settled and warming Myungsoo up you started your interrogation session once again.

“So what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?”

“Some things came up at home and we needed to leave.”  Minhyuk wouldn’t look you in the eyes and you knew there was something more he wasn’t telling you but decided against it.  It was early in the morning and these boys looked like they went through a lot so you decided to save the questions for later.

“Alright.  Well, off to bed then.  We still have school in the morning.”  You gave your best friend a gentle smile before gently picking up a sleeping Myungsoo from your couch.

Gesturing Minhyuk to follow you, you quickly laid Myungsoo down on the guest bed before leading Minhyuk to your bedroom.

It wasn’t weird for the two of you to be sleeping in the same room.  There were many times when he would crash at your place or claiming it was to dark for him to walk home. 

You quickly grabbed his self proclaimed blanket that he kept at your house and his pillow you set them next to your pillow on your bed before bundling yourself in your own blankets.

Minhyuk also did the same and took his spot next to you but wrapped himself in his own blanket.  He simply flicked off the lights and the two of you were draped in darkness.

“Min, did something happen?”  Minhyuk felt your breath ghost across his face indicating how close you were to him. 

He reached out blindly in the darkness looking for your figure.  When he finally had a hold on your waist he pulled you closer to him until he had you cradled to his chest.

Both of you laid there in silence.  You decided not to ask questions and just let him do as he wanted, knowing he just needed someone right now. 

As you both laid there hugging each other in silence.  It was peaceful laying your head on his chest, warm and secure.  It reminded you of when your dad would hold you when you were to scared to sleep alone

 

A little you stumbled your way into your parents room and you quickly found your way to your dad’s side of the bed. 

You tried not to wake him but failed miserably for when thunder rumbled through the sky you gave out a squeak and jumped into his side.

Your dad was startled awake but when he saw your quivering figure by his side his quickly went into protective mode. 

“Shhhh don’t be scared sweat heart, daddy’s here.”  He wrapped his long arms around your small figure and rolled both you and him over so that you now lay in between your parents.

He held you there whispering words of comfort and covered your ears each and every time thunder boomed in the sky. 

He was your hero.

You gripped onto your father’s sleeping shirt with your small hands and snuggled into his heat.  His smell was comforting and his voice was soothing.

In no time you had fallen asleep in the embrace of your dad and he too fell asleep with his little girl in his arms.

 

“It’s alright, I’m here.”  Minhyuk pulled you even closer to his chest and held you there firmly.

Unknown to you, you had started to cry.  The tears hadn’t leaked from your eyes but Minhyuk saw them gradually start to form and he hated to see you brake down like this.

He just silently held you in the comfort of the darkness and gently whispered silent promises that only you would know of.

You silently fell asleep in the arms of your best friend.  Minhyuk continued to hold you through the night, not minding that his arm had started to feel numb under the weight of your head.

He could watch you sleep forever.  You were so beautiful when you slept and he could never get enough out of watching you.

He was your and is going to be your loyal best friend.  He will always stand by your side and never leave you.  He will be your protector, brother, friend, and silent lover

All these years he has been hiding his true feelings for you, playing as the best friend in your life.  He knew you could never be apart of his world.  But he was also selfish enough to keep you close enough to him.

He could still remember the day he first laid eyes on you, the most beautiful girl in his eyes.

 

It was the start of Minhyuk’s first year in a new school and he was coming in as a lowly 7th grader in this new junior high.  He had just moved into the area with his family and was going to be the new kid in town for a while.

He quickly entered the school building as not to be late for his first class.  Minhyuk retraced the way to his fist class, which he remembered from the tour he received the day before.

Minhyuk was quick to open the door and face his new classmates.  At first people stared but then many of them greeted him with a smile.

‘This isn’t so bad.’

He quickly went to sit with a group of boys who motioned him over, aware of the many girls giggling and ogling at him.

Minhyuk quickly adjusted to the people around him, they were all nice and kind to him.

As he was talking and answer some of the questions from his peers the sound of the door sliding open met his ears.

On instinct he turned toward the door like many of the others to see who it was.  When they took note of who it was they immediately looked away and carried on, but I couldn’t take my eyes off of her.

Because the school allowed the students for the first day to wear what they wanted too, she wore a white shirt with a green army jacket and some old jean shorts that were worn in some places.  Her silky brown hair was lightly curled and framed her face nicely.

She hold onto the cross pendant of her necklace tightly before scanning the room.  She wasn’t wearing anything to attention grabbing like the other girls who wore dresses and skirts but she seemed to be the prettiest to him.

When she finished looking around the room she walked towards the desks against the windows, her old converse squeaking against the floor a bit as she walked. 

Not a single person went up to great her or say hello, in fact, many of the girls started to talk and whisper as she walked by them.  Some of them even glared at her.

She didn’t seem to mind much though, because she simply took out an old IPod and started to listen to music while looking out the window. 

And at that moment the sun came out from the clouds and a beam of golden light casted its hue on her figure. 

‘She’s an angel.’

The golden beam of light made a glow form around her body and she seemed like she was some sort of goddess.  She was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen and as if his legs had instincts they walk straight to the desk next to hers.

Before Minhyuk knew what he was doing she had turned to look at me with her beautiful brown eyes.  But what captivated him the most was not the way her skin was flawless, or how pink her lips were.  It was the never ending loneliness he saw in her eyes.

Minhyuk knew at that moment that he would change that.

“Hi, I’m Minhyuk, can I sit here?”

 

The moment was one of his most treasured memories.  He held it closely to his heart as it was the one thing he was certain of, his love for the girl sleeping right next to him.

 

 



Hello~

How are you all doing today?

I still won't tell you why my updating has been so random lately, I'm still waiting for a proper answer to give you.

I'm hoping that this answer will arrive soon because I'm also anticipating it as well as you all might be.

I just want to say thank you for sticking with this story and giving me a chance.

I also want to tell you that I want to start a Question of the Day to get to know you guys better.

I want to connect with you guys more so after I say my goodbyes you will see something like this

{Q&A} *Insert Question Here*

or something like that and you guys would comment or something with your answer if you choose too ^^

I just want to know my readers and get to interact with you guys and don't be afraid to ask me questions too!

Well, I'm afraid I must go,

until next time

bye~

 

{Q&A} If you could only listen to one song fo the rest of your life, what would it be?