Returning Nightmare

Little Red

You were running, as fast as your little legs could carry you.  Your red cloak dragging on the earths face.  Your eyes were full of fright and blood painted your face.  You could hear howling in the distance.  Scared out of your mind, you decided to hide in a cave.  Finally you cried.  You had just watched your parents get killed.  

You were walking home, excited to tell your parents about your first day at school.  You wore a red cloak your mother had made you that day so it took longer to walk because it was heavy.  It was around dark when you reached the clearing in the woods were your house sat.  But what awaited you was horrific.  Monsters.  Monsters everywhere.  Creatures twice as tall of any human you've ever seen with yellow beady eyes.  They had little hair on their body, and had a snout of a dog.  Their skin was a sickly grey and their teeth were sharper than a knife.    

And right in the middle of the little circle they were hunched over, were your parents.  They were being ripped apart and eaten right before your eyes.  You could hear their cries of agony.  You could smell the blood in the air.  You could see their faces.  Their eyes empty, the very same ones that showed you love were now empty.  You wanted to scream.  You wanted to cry, but you couldn't.  Fear was paralyzing you down to your toes.  

Suddenly one of them looked over at you.  It snarled at you and ran towards you.  Its teeth shone in the moonlight, they were red with blood.  Finally gaining back your senses you ran.  But with your bad luck your cloak got caught.  The creature was suddenly on top of you.  Barring its teeth and snarling at you.  You stared back into its eyes, scarred out of your mind.  Something caught your eye.  This creatures eyes, were intelligent.  Not in the dog way, but in a human way.  It snarled at you and that brought you back to your senses.  You picked up some dirt and threw it in the air, creating a distraction.  The beast was dazed, and during this brief time period you ran.  You disappeared into the woods.  

The creature was going to chase after you, but the smell of a fresh kill lured it back.  It howled into the moonlight and continued to savage your parents.  

 

You woke up in a cold sweat.  You had it again.  Every night that memory held you captive.  You had to watch your parents die every night, stare into the beasts eyes every night, cry every night.  You whiped away the tears on your face and got ready for school.  You live in a small town called Lake View and attend Lake View High.  Your house is in the woods by the edge of the forest.  Yes you still live in the house your parents lived in.  You couldn't bare to give it up.  You took a hot shower and got your uniform on.  It was a plain black skirt that stopped midthigh, a white button up short sleeved shirt, and a red tie.  You put on your knee high socks and your black converse.  Not bothering to do you hair except put a brush through it you grabbed your bag, ipod, and a piece of toast before walking out the door.  On the way out, you grabbed your red cloak from the closet and set on your way.

You walked down the same old path eating your toast and listening to your ipod.  Your bag was slug across your shoulder and your red cloak floated after you.  Even after all these years, you still couldn't part with it.  It was the last thing your mother gave you and you've been wearing it ever sense.  You made it to school and walked through the halls.  Walking to your locker, you were pushed over by a group of girls who were rushing by.  

"They're here!"  "I hope we can see them!"  "They are so cute!"  "Ah can I date them?!"  They didn't bother helping you up or saying sorry.  They were to busy fangirly over the schools kingkas.  Rolling your eyes you got off the ground the dusted your skirt off.  You continued to your locker and started to put your books away.  You took off your cloak and placed it in before closing your locker door.  Right as you did so, screams rang through the halls.  'Looks like they're here,' you groaned.  Everyday the same thing happens.  The kingkas lockers surround your locker and their rabid fangirls always surround the place.  Right on cue Exo-M walked down the hallway.  Exo-M was a group of six of the "coolest" guys in school.  All of them are seniors.  Tao the maknae was supposed to be a jurior but he was smart enough to skip a grade.  The only reason you know all of this is because, A. your lockers are by them.  B. they are you classmates.  You tried to get away, but the fangirls were everywhere.  

Sighing in defeat you stayed by your locker.  

"Luhan oppa!"  "Chen oppa can I be your girlfriend?!"  "Kris oppa!  Let me have your babies!"  Girls were screaming in your ear and you were getting pretty annoyed.  Honestly some of these girls need to calm down or check themselves into a mental hospital.  

They came to their lockers but didn't say a word.  

"Hello Haebin-ah," Lay said.  Is is the only one who talks to you, but you think its only because his locker is right next to yours.

"Good morning Lay-shi," you say politely.  He gives you his dimple smile before turning to his locker.  You can feel the lazer glares you are getting and it sends a shiver down your back.  All of the girls at this school hate you for having a locker next to Exo-M.  There for you don't have any girl friends.  

"Haebin!"  You hear your name being shouted.  Already knowing who it is, you roll your eyes but smile.  "Move!  Get out of my way!  Coming through!"  You laugh at his struggle.  

 

"Hi Minhyuk," you say as he finally pushes his way through the crowd.

"I though I told you to call me oppa!" he whines.  You roll your eyes at him and laugh.  He was your one and only friend at school.  Yep, your a loner.  You and Minhyuk talk and laugh together, waiting for Exo-M to clear out so you could walk.  You felt stares on you so you turned your head.  A boy from Exo-M, Luhan you think, was staring at you.  You gave him a curious expression but he turns away.  You shrug it off and continue to talk with Minhyuk.  

"Are these girls ever gonna clear up?!" he whines.  

"Be patient Min, they'll clear up soon," you try to calm him down.  

"If those Exo-M jerks would move their asses you wouldn't have to wait," he grumbles.  You give him the look.  No matter what someone does to you, you would never be mean to anyone.  The girls finally clear up as Exo-M start to move.  You and Minhyuk walk to class together and take your seats by the window.  You and him talk until Exo-M comes in.  The whole room gets ten times louder with all the girls trying to get their attention.  You rested you head on the cold desk, trying to get your headache to go away.  

"Headache?" Min asks.  You nod your head and close your eyes.  Without having to ask he starts to rub your temples.  You relax at his touch.   Many people mistake your relationship with Minhyuk as boyfriend and girlfriend, but you and Min are more like brother and sister.  Both of you laugh thinking about being together.  It wasn't that he was a bad guy, its just that you see him as a big brother, not as a lover.  

"Would you girls shut the hell up?!"  The room goes silent.  Tao was known for his temper and he rarely talks.  So when he does, someone has hell to pay.  

The silence last for a couple minutes before the girls try to get Exo's attention again.  It lasts like this for another ten minutes before the teacher walks in.  He goes on and on about who knows what.  You are doodling in your book when a ruler gets smacked on your desk, startling you.  You look up and find him glaring down at you.

"Ms. Park, sense you already know all this information, go up to the board and solve the math problem.'  You can feel the blood drain from your face.  Out of all the subjects, it has to be math!  Great.  You walk up shakily and grab a marker.  You look at the problem and know your screwed.  You were about to start on the problem when someone stops you.

"Mr. Choi, I want to give it a try," Xiumin yells out.  Being one of the favorites the teacher gladly lets him take your spot.  Relieved you didn't have to embarrass yourself you walk back to your desk.  

"Lucky duck," Min whispers to you as you sit next to him.  You give him a smile and turn back to the board.  But what puzzles you is the Exo never participates in class.  They always just sat in the back and never talked to anyone.  So why would he help you out?  Shrugging it off you turn back to class.  The rest of the period goes by and before you know it, the lunch bell rings.  

"Finally!  I thought it would never end!" Min exclaims.  You stand up and stretch.  

"Let's go Min, I'm hungry," you say.  Both of you leave the classroom and go to your secrete get away.  You both walk to the little garden in the back of the school.  No one comes back here because it isn't really allowed but you two come here anyway.

Minhyuk and you ate and laughed.  Right while you two were talking you heard voices.  

"Who's that?" you ask Min.  Shrugs his shoulders.  Right then, Exo-M comes through the trees that separate the walkway and the garden.  Your eyes slightly widen.

"Hey, lets go Min," you say.  You don't want anything to do with them, and they keep getting closer.  As you and Minhyuk walk by something grabs your wrist.    

"What were you doing here?" Kris the leader asks, his eyes staring into yours.  It gives you the chills when he does.

"Why does it concern you?" you ask politely.

"Because students aren't allowed back her," he smirks.

"Well then you shouldn't be here ether," and with that you and Minhyuk walk away.  

"What was that all about?" Minhyuk asks when we are a safe distance away.  You shrug.  You really didn't know why he did that.  The rest of the day goes on.  When the bell finally rings you step into the river of students who want to go home.  You fight your way to your locker and grab your books.  Once you have, you go against the crowd.  Everyday you stayed after to tutor.  Kids in Lake View Elementary come here when they need help.  You are tutoring a little boy named Myungsoo.  He is a recovering cancer patient and has a soft spot in your heart.  You arrive at the library and find Myungsoo sitting at a table waiting for you.

"Hello Myung!" you sit down next to him.

"Hi noona!" 

"What are we going to be working on today?" you ask him as you pull out your books and supplies.  

"Literature," he groans.  You smile down at him and help him work through his homework.  You two study for two hours before you make him go home.  

"But I don't wanna go noona~" he whines.

"If you don't go now, you'll have to walk in the dark," you tell him knowing he was afraid of the dark.  He turns pail and looks outside.  It was already starting to darken.  

"Here Myung, I'll walk you home today.  I just need to go get my stuff," you tell him.  He nods his head feverishly and follows you back to your locker to grab your stuff.  When you are done you put on your red cloak and close your locker.  

"Ready Myung?" you ask him.  He nods his hand and takes your hand.  You smile at him and start to walk down the familiar rodes.  

"Noona, why do you wear this red cloak?" he asks as you two walk down his street.

"Because its the last thing I have from my parents," you tell him sadly.  You give him a sad smile before turning to look ahead.  You drop him off at his house and say goodbye.  

"Bye noona!  Walk home safe!" Myungsoo yells from the doorway.  You wave back at him and put your hood up.  You walk back to the familiar trail you always take.  

You walk down the trail in the dark.  You hug the thick cloak closer as the weather is really cold.  You walk and walk.  But as you go deeper, you get this feeling that someone is watching you.  Then you notice white floating specs.  It was snowing.  You stop walking and look up to see snowflakes falling from the sky.   You outstretch your hand and catch them, only to have them turn to water.  You stand like that for a while before starting to walk again.  Then you hear a snap.  You whirl around looking for anything the seems out of place.  Nothing.  There was nothing except the woods.

"Come on Haebin, your just scaring yourself," you say to yourself before continuing to walk down the muddy trail, only this time faster.  

When you get home you change into comfy clothes and make a quick bowl of chicken soup.  As you eat you are sitting at your desk in your room doing homework.  You lifted your head to look outside the window.  You see smoke raising out of the forest.  

"Must be campers," you tell yourself.  You continue to watch the smoke rise higher and higher until it disappears into the atmosphere.  You fall asleep at your desk, looking at the night sky.  

 

 

--------------------------------------

comments are loved ^^  Welcome new subscribers!