The First Night

Little Red

You were in Kris’s car as he was driving to your house.  The hospital released you two days after you woke up.  They kept you to monitor your brain and to see if you had any permanent damage other than the original injuries.  You were still getting used the sling that you had to wear on your right arm.  It was annoying but you had to wear it for a least six weeks while your collar bone healed up.  You also were used to the constant pain on your sides whenever you breathed.   

“How are you fairing?” 

You looked over to see Kris staring at the road but his body was slightly twisted towards you.  He was holding you hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, trying to coax you into telling him if you were okay.

“I’m fine, you don’t have worry about me.”

You flashed him a smile and gave his hand a squeeze.  It became a normal thing for the two of you to do after you woke up.  It was just natural.

“How can I not worry?”

He kept his eyes on the road but his body told everything.  The way he suddenly became rigid in his seat was enough to tell you that he was still angry about what happened to you.  You tried to calm him down by squeezing his hand.

The rest of the car ride was silent until you made it to your house.  You wouldn’t admit it, but you were happy that Kris was staying with you.  It was comforting knowing that he would be with you sense you still didn’t feel safe on your own.

 “Sorry if the house is a little messy, I haven’t had time to clean in a while.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

He quickly opened his door and stepped out before jogging around the car to open your door.  He opened your door and carefully helped you out of the car before going to the back where he grabbed his and your bags. 

You walked slowly to the front door, doing as best as you could with the few stairs you had to make it up to your porch. 

Kris was quick to notice you struggling and rushed to your side to help you.   He told you to stay and went to the front door with your keys.  He opened the door and placed your bags inside before quickly walking back to where you were waiting. 

Without any words he picked you up and carefully carried you inside while you were blushing like crazy.  He walked inside with you in his arms and softly set you down on the couch.

“Comfortable?”

“I’m good, thanks.”

You were still blushing but you still took his hand in yours.  His large hands covered yours entirely and radiated a warmth that was comforting.  After a while of sitting in silence he let go of your hand only to stand up and get your books from one of the bags before returning to grab your hand.  He offered you your book with a smile before cracking open his and reading while continuing to hold your hand.

You grabbed the book with your free hand and smiled at Kris before going into the world of literature. 

Both of you read for hours and didn’t even realize it was getting late.  Kris was reading his book while holding your hand when he felt a light weight on his shoulder.  He looked to the side see your sleeping face close to his face. 

You had fallen asleep along the way and your head ended up resting on Kris’s broad shoulder.  You unconsciously snuggled closer to Kris’s warmness and a small smile rested on your lips.  Kris didn’t mind though, and even lowered his shoulder a little so you didn’t have to strain your neck to reach his shoulder. 

He sat there staring at your face for a while before he realized that you were going to catch a cold if you continued to sleep out here without a blanket.  Kris quickly scooped up your small body, being careful with your arm and head. 

Kris carried you through the house until he found your room and carefully set you down on the bed.  He made sure to tuck you in and that you were comfortable before he turned to leave.

But as he tried to walk out, he was tugged back and took notice of your still intertwined hands.  He smiled lightly and went back to your side.  Trying not to wake you, he carefully went to sit by your side on the bed. 

Those two days in the hospital brought the two of you closer together.  Kris had opened up to you more and more each day and you did that same.  Things between the two of you were getting better and better and it was as if you had never been avoiding him in the first place.

Holding hands and snuggling have become a regular thing for the two of you.  Every night you’ve been having violent nightmares.  You would always wake up screaming and crying in the middle of the night.  They were all about the incident with Lay.  It became a regular thing the past two nights to have Kris come and hold you to calm you down before you fell asleep in his arms.  He was your silent protector. 

Kris held you while you napped, watching the way your chest rose and fell with each breath you took.  He was running his hand through your hair and his other hand was still intertwined with your own.  He hadn’t felt so much bliss in his life time.

He was so used to being around the guys and the guys don’t smell anywhere near as good as you do and they weren’t as soft as you were.  All his life he hadn’t ever held a girl like this and now that he has, he really likes it.  Or rather he really likes you.  Yes he admitted to himself while in the hospital that he really liked you.

The whole time that he was around you, he slowly and surely found himself wanting you more and more.  He wanted to hug you and kiss you but also grow old together and to make a family with you someday.  Kris wanted you to be his.

So now that you are in his arms, sleeping soundly he was in heaven.  He wanted so badly to ask you to finally be his officially but he knew he couldn’t ask that now.  Not when you were still so terrified of what happened to you and that even the thought of being touched sent shivers down your spine.  He would wait only because it was you. 

While he was lost in his own thoughts, you woke up.  The sensation of waking up next to someone was unbelievable.  Sure, you’ve woken up next to Minhyuk multiple times but the way it felt to be so close to Kris felt so different from sleeping next to Minhyuk.

You could feel Kris’s chest rise and fall with his breaths and you could hear his steady heart beat through his chest.  You were pressed up against his side and compared to him, you were so small.  His whole body could elope you but instead of feeling threatened, you felt protected. 

After a spending half an hour just lying in Kris’s arms, you couldn’t take the aching feeling in your stomach.  You were hungry but you also didn’t want to move.  But then your stomach made a growling sound which caught Kris’s attention.

“Oh, you’re awake.  How about I go and make some dinner for us, you sound hungry.”

Instead of replying you just nodded.  Kris slowly got up, careful not to move your injured arm too much.  Kris then picked you up again and then walked to the kitchen.

“Kris, I broke my collar bone, not my legs.  I can walk by myself.”

To be honest, you were embarrassed having Kris carry you around and you were blushing nonstop. 

“You’re hurt, let me take care of you.”

Kris continued to carry you to the kitchen where he set you down on the counter.  He then continued to walk to your fridge to look at what you had to cook.  Seeing that you had a lot of vegetables, he decided to cook a stir fry. 

“Are there any vegetables you won’t eat?”

“I’m allergic to cucumbers, but that shouldn’t be a problem.  I know I don’t have any around.”

“Okay, that good to know.”

Kris smiled at you before proceeding to wash the ingredients and cutting them up.  You watched as Kris worked productively in your kitchen, cooking food for the both of you.  It was heartwarming watching him cook just for you. 

Soon the whole house smelled of delicious smells.  Kris sautéed the vegetables and added some chicken for protein.  His movements were swift and deliberate as he moved in the kitchen, making sure not to burn any of the food while keeping an eye on the rice. 

You sat on the counter obediently while Kris did the cooking, though you felt useless not helping even though you did have one arm in a sling. 

When Kris finished cooking, he served one big plate of rice and stir fry and put a fork on the plate.  He then grabbed the plat and then came over to you where he picked you up from the counter.

“Kris I’m fully capable of walking.”

“And I am fully capable of carrying you.”

You huffed but didn’t protest any further.  Kris carried you and the food back to your room and sat you down on the bed.  He made sure you were comfortable before sitting next to you with the plate of food on his lap. 

“Here eat up.”

You were about to crab the fork when he grabbed the fork and filled it with food before putting it in front of your mouth.  You looked at him shocked but he just pushed the fork closer to your mouth.

A little shy, you bashfully opened your mouth for his to feed you the food.  After you took your bite and while you were chewing your own food he took a bite, off the same fork you just ate from.

You stared at him in shocked.  You quickly swallowed your food and looked away from Kris.  You were so sure your face was beat red, you had just shared an indirect kiss with Kris! 

Kris looked over at you to see why you had turned away from him.  Did you not like the food? 

“Is there anything wrong?  Do you not like the food?” 

He was sad that you might not enjoy the food he cooked for you, he tried really hard to make it tasty enough for you to eat.

You quickly look at him with wide eyes and waved your good arm in front of your face.

“No, I love the food!”
“Then why did you turn away?”

You instantly turned red again and stared at his face, not sure how to put it. 

“I, um, you um…we both ate from um… the same fork.”

Kris chuckled at how cute you were being.  You were shy because he ate from the same fork at you. 

“If you want, I can go get my own fork.”

“No!  I mean no it’s fine you don’t need to.” 

“Good then eat up.”

Kris and you quickly finished the plate together and soon the two of you were back to sitting together while reading books.

You were deep in thought about what was going on in your book when you felt the familiar warmth of Kris’s hand in your own. 

You smiled and continued to read your book while holding his hand. 

 

Kris watched as you smiled once his hand was in your own.  He watched you and smiled to himself.  He can’t imagine how you became such a huge part of his life.  He can’t imagine how he had never noticed you before this year. 

He didn’t know how long he stared at you but it was long enough for you to start falling asleep while reading your book.  Before you could hurt your neck, Kris took your book and place it on the night stand making sure to save your spot and then carefully laid you down on your bed. 

He made sure your head was supported by a pillow and that your arm wasn’t getting laid on in any way before covering you up with a blanket.  After checking you over once more he was about to leave your room. 

But like before, you had a hold on his hand and prevented him from leaving.  Kris smiled to himself before laying down next to you. 

Your sleeping self cuddled up against his warmth and smiled in satisfaction.  Kris held you by his side, also enjoying the warmth your small body gave off.  Soon enough he found himself sleeping along side you.

 

 



Hola!

Some fluff from Kris to you

I feel the need to clarify the fact that "you" and Kris aren't dating and he hasn't officially told "you" his feelings yet.

The reason "you" are like this with Kris is because helps "you" forget about the dirtiness you feel whenever you're alone beause of what Lay did to "you"

Anyways, another chapter for all of y'all.

Bye~