Consequence

Little Red

 

You woke up the next morning with a sore back.  Stretching you slowly got up and trudged towards the bathroom to get ready for school.  After a hot shower you quickly threw your hair up in a messy bun and put your uniform on.  You looked in the mirror and touched your puffy and slightly swollen eyes.  Sighing you applied some light BB cream to cover it up, or at least try too.  Grabbing your old converse, bag, and a sweater you ran out the door.  Your red cloak was still wet from your little break down so you didn’t want to risk getting it in even worse condition.

As you walked down the trail you used your hands to rub your arms down. 

“It’s so cold.”  You could see your breath in the air.  You quickened up your pace to try to keep yourself warm.  You should really think about getting a thicker sweater.

As you came closer to school the crowd of students walking began to thicken.  Everybody was rushing to get inside and were pushing and shoving each other.  Someone grabbed your shoulders from behind and you were about to scream when you heard a familiar voice.

“Haebin you’re going to catch a cold.”  Minhyuk was standing behind you.  He looked at you with concern because it looked like you were going to freeze your legs off.  I mean you didn’t even have pants on under your skirt!  Shaking his head he took off his coat and wrapped it around your petit figure.  It looked huge on you making him smile. 

“Thanks Min!”  You gave him a warm smile.  The both of you walk together towards the school.  He notices that you are constantly being pushed so he takes your spot and tucks you under his arm.  You give him a curious look but he just smiles back at you. 

 

Twelve eyes are looking at you and your… friend. 

“I though they were just friends?”  Lay doesn’t like seeing you with another guy.  He gets this weird feeling in his stomach and he doesn’t like it.

“That’s what I thought too.”  Chen doesn’t know you very well, but seeing you with that Minhyuk guy makes his blood boil.  ‘Man what’s wrong with me?’

“Who is he?” Kris shouldn’t care.  He doesn’t want to care.  But he gets this feeling of anger when he sees you with other guys.  He knows he has no right to, but he just does. 

“Just a friend,” Tao says through gritted teeth.  He doesn’t like this at all.  He was supposed to be the one who looks after you.  Not that guy.  Sense yesterday you wouldn’t leave his mind and it’s driving him crazy. 

All the other guys feel the same.  Luhan is practically glaring daggers at Minhyuk’s back.  They watch the both of you until you enter the school until they start to walk.  Girls swarm them immediately.

 

As you and Min enter the school you can hear screaming in the distance.  Exo-M is here.  You get this feeling of butterflies in your stomach and you don’t know why.  You think about what happened yesterday between you and Tao and your cheeks turn pink.

“Hey why are you blushing?”  You look up and see Min looking down on you.  He still had you under his arm. 

“Nothing.”

“Come on I’m your best friend!”  He continues to whine and pester you but you don’t give in.  You reach your locker and force Minhyuk to go to his own locker after threatening him.

“You’ll be late for class and I won’t cover for you again.”  He gives you his infamous puppy dog eyes but failed miserably.  He sighed dejectedly before walking to his own locker.  You shock your head before turning towards your own locker.  As you were putting your things away, screaming filled the hallways. 

“They’re here,” you say under your breath.  Should you act normal around them?  Should you talk to them?  You decide to act like you always have when you saw them at school, act like you don’t know them.  You were about to walk past them when someone calls your name.

“Haebin-ah!”  You look over to see that Chen was the one who called your name.  You can literally feel the daggers each girl is sending you.  Not once had any of Exo-M ever associates themselves with people from the opposite . 

“Ah… Hello Chen-shi,” you said after hesitating a bit.  You sent them a small smile and wave before turning around to walk to class. 

“Hold up Haebin I want to walk with you!”  You halt in your steps and freeze.  You think back to what those girls said to you and you involuntary shiver.  Before you can reject his offer he is by your side and dragging you away with him.  He talks casually with you.  He is actually a laid back type of guy not a flirty guy that you thought him to be.  The whole walk to the classroom you can see girls giving you dirty looks and you can already hear the gossip start.  Some of the looks that the girls give you chill you to the bone. 

When you got to the classroom the rest of Exo-M was already there.  You don’t know how, but they beat you.  Lay sent you a friendly smile while the others shot Chen death glares.  You give Lay a smile back before walking quietly to your seat.  As you are walking a girl sticks her leg out to trip you.  With you being clumsy you don’t see it and go sailing into the ground.  You are about to fall flat on your face when you something even harder.  You look up so see Kris staring down at you.  He raises his eyebrow and then you realize that you are still in his arms.  You clear your throat and scurry out of his grip.  He secretly chuckles at how cute you are when you’re surprised.  You look back at the girl who tripped you but she only glares at you again. 

“Thank you Kris-shi,” you say politely before sitting in your desk.  You scan the room with your eyes and realize every girl is sending you the death look.  You gulp and try to hide in your desk. 

“Oh how much I wish I could just disappear,” you whisper to yourself.  Was it really that big a deal that you talked to Exo-M?

 

Kris was watching you as you tried to hide in your desk.  He looked at all the girls and realized that they were glaring down on you.  He sighed and turned to Chen.

“Look at what you did.”  Chen then too realizes what he has done.  He forgets that he is the “kingka” so he never thought that something like this would happen.  He gave you a sorry look as he watched you squirm uncomfortably in your seat.  It was obvious that you were not comfortable with the attention on yourself.  He sent one last worried glance at you before starting a conversation with Xiumin.

Tao was watching the girls.  He wanted to make sure they didn’t try anything funny thanks to Chen hyung.  Some of the girls caught him looking and sent him flirtatious looks and it made him want to gag.  He looked over to you; you were looking out to window watching the birds.  You looked over and caught Tao staring.  Instead of sending him a flirtatious look you sent him an innocent shy smile.  It was refreshing to see.  It took his breath away and it gave him a warm feeling.  You had such an innocent soul and a caring nature that drew him in.  You weren’t like the other girls who tried to flirt with them and make continuous fools out of themselves. 

Luhan was also watching you.  He kept thinking about how he treated you and mentally groaned.  ‘Way to go Luhan just drop her bag and scare her away.’  He sighed and continued to watch you silently.  He saw you send a smile towards Tao and he can’t help but feel a pang of jealousy. 

Exo-M was all cautiously watching you.  Just then that guy that was there last time came bounding towards you.  They all got that same annoyed feeling they got earlier today. 

 

You blocked out all of the stares and glares by watching the birds outside.  Then you felt a gaze different form the rest.  You turned your head and met eyes with Tao.  Shocked you sent him a small smile before turning away. 

“Guess who~” someone from behind was covering your eyes. 

“Is that you Min?” you ask cautiously. 

“Nope.”  The person removes their hands and you turn around.  You’re surprised to find Minhyuk’s friend Hyunsik.

“Oh Hyunsik right?”

“Yeah!  Have you seen Minhyuk?  We need him for practice again and I can’t find him.”  He flashes you his killer smile again and it makes you slightly flustered.

“H-he was going to his locker the last time I saw him.”  You silently curse yourself for stuttering.  He just chuckles at you and gives you another smile.

“You’re cute Haebin.  Thanks.”  He waves goodbye to you as he leaves the classroom leaving you with a pink face. 

“Did he just call me cute?”  You lift your hands up to feel your hot face.  Trying to shake off what happened you turned back to the birds outside the window.  Still, you continue to fan your face slightly.  Little did you know a certain male was ready to rip Hyunsik’s head off.  He was seething with jealousy and glared at the door where the said male left.  You were watching the birds when Mr. Choi came in. 

“Ok class today is going to be your last work day in class so please sit with your partners and continue working.”  You were about to get up and walk towards Kris when you hear the chair beside you move.  You turn and look at who sat there.  It was Kris. 

“Oh,” was the only thing that came out of your mouth. 

“What do we have left to work on?”  His tone of voice was serious and it sounded like he was agitated.  Did you do something wrong?

“O-oh well I just have to finish some small details on the presentation.”  You were very intimidated by the way he was looking, almost glaring, at you.  He nods his head the starts to work.  You sigh and start to work as well. 

 

Kris secretly took glances at you every now and then.  He liked the expression you made when you were concentrating.  The space between your eyebrows was scrunched together and the tip of your tongue was poking out of your mouth.  You had this piece of hair that kept getting in your eyes and every now and then you would flick your head to the side to move it away but it would just go right back.  Kris saw that you were starting to get annoyed with it so he took the liberty in himself to tuck it back behind your ear.  You jumped slightly when he touched you and stared at him wide eyed.  He returned the stare until you looked away from him and back to working on the presentation.  He didn’t miss the slight pinking of your cheeks though. 

All throughout the day he kept stealing glances at you.  He couldn’t help himself.  He would try to concentrate but then his mind would wander off and then he would end up looking at you.  You had caught him a couple of times but didn’t say anything to him.  If you did he would probably die of embarrassment.  He was getting annoyed with himself.  He usually was a calm focused person but with you around it was so easy to get distracted and that irritated him. 

Just then a girl walked into the classroom.  Kris didn’t take much notice of her until she called you over.  He took a glance over and saw your body tense.  It didn’t take much to figure out you were scared of this girl.  You slowly rose from your chair and let her drag you out.  He could feel something wasn’t right.  Something was edging him to follow but he restrained himself.  ‘You can’t care about this girl.’  Still, he was on the edge of his seat. 

 

You were working with Kris the whole day.  Every now and then you would look up and find Kris staring at you.  It flustered you slightly knowing he was watching you.  He was probably criticizing the presentation and the quality of your work.  That alone made it enough for you to get nervous.  When ever you caught him staring something in the pit of your stomach would stir.  It was like the feeling of butterflies fluttering around in your stomach.  You weren’t use to this foreign feeling but you strangely liked it.  You were working silently when you heard your name being called.  You looked up from your work and immediately froze. 

Standing at the front of the classroom with a sickly sweet smile was the girl who threatened you.  You shakily rose from your seat and walked towards her.  She gave you a small smirk before leading you out of the classroom with an iron grip around your forearm.

She led you to the girls changing room and into the pool area.  There, her group of friends was waiting for you.  They all were sending glares at you.  The one who was dragging you roughly pushed you to the floor. 

You landed hard on your hands and knees breaking open the skin.  Blood started to trail down your shins and palms.  You looked up at the group of girls who surrounded you like a pack of hungry wolves. 

“I thought I warned you about our precious Exo-M oppas, now you will have to pay the consequence.”

The leader gave you one last smirk before waving her hand.  Like this was a signal or something they started to beat you.  They kicked at you with all their strength leaving no spot of your body unmarked.  You couldn’t fight back so instead you curled up into a ball to protect your head knowing this is the most important spot on your body.  Suddenly everything stopped.  You looked up to see if someone was here to save you.  You were wrong.  One of the girls was standing above you.  She grabbed you by the collar of you shirt and hoisted you up.  She dragged you over to the edge of the pool so that only have of your body was over the edge.  Then you realized what they were going to do.  You started to panic

“Help!”  You tried to kick and scream but they just bashed your head against the ground.  You could feel something hot tricked down the side of your head.  Then you saw something red dripping onto the ground creating a pool of blood.  You looked up at the girl and she just smirked down at you. 

“Say goodnight,” was all she said before she plunged your head underwater.  You had no time to take a breath of air and she was holding you by the back of your hair.  You knew struggling would only make your body use more oxygen.  You tried to think of ways to escape but nothing seemed to be a solid enough plan to try.  Finally you accepted it.  You were at the mercy of these girls and they seemed crazy enough to go through with it.  All of this for a group of boys.  Your lungs were starting to burn and you vision was beginning to blur.  Your head was pounding from the lack of oxygen and from the blood loss.  Slowly your body was going limp.  You were getting closer and closer to the darkness that waited to catch you with open arms.  Slowly your will to live was slipping away.  Soon you would be together again with your parent.  Isn’t this what you wanted?  Then why did it feel like you didn’t want to die?  You thought back to Minhyuk.  You couldn’t just leave him.  Not without a proper goodbye.  And then that Hyunsik guy who was always so nice to you.  Then your thoughts wandered to Exo-M.  Something in your heart tugged at the thought of them.  Then you realized that maybe you don’t want to die.  Not just yet.  You want to live with these people for just a little bit longer.  You wanted to say goodbye to them before rejoicing with your family. 

Your eyes shot wide open now.  In a last ditch effort you launched yourself deeper into the pool causing the girl to fall in with you.  When her grip loosened you quickly swam for the surface.  As soon as your head broke through you took deep breathes of air.  You coughed up some water as you swam to the ledge on the opposite side of the pool.  After hauling yourself up you laid on your back to let your body recover.  But you knew you needed to get out of there because these girls were out for blood.  You opened your eyes and slowly stood up.  Shakily you used the wall to support yourself as you limped towards the closest exit.  You could hear footsteps behind you and knew you had to make a break for it. 

Leaving the support of the wall you broke out into the fastest run you could manage.  You shoved your way past the doors and frantically searched for a place to hide in.  You were in a part of the school you’ve never been in before so you didn’t know where to go.  You quickly started trying the many doors that lined the hallway.  One after another they turned up locked.  You could hear them getting closer to you.  In a frenzy you tried one last door.  To your luck it open.  You quickly pulled the door open and swung it close behind you.  You stumbled your way into the room when your vision started to blur again.  You guess this time it was because of blood loss.  Your eyes began to close as you stumbled deeper into the unknown room.  Voices and footsteps came closer to you. 

“No!”  You screamed and lashed out.  Someone grabbed you from behind.

“Gotcha.”  All you could remember was crying out no over and over.  Everything started to blur.  Everything started to fade.  Everything went dark. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took so long to update guys ><  Oh and all your little comments are really making my day you guys are so considerate it blows my mind ^^

Oh and if you have a chance please look at my new fanfict/oneshot Miracles Don't Exist I need more opinions ^^