Partners

Little Red

Kris's POV

We got to school with a bunch of girls screaming in our ears.  I was beyond annoyed with these girls but I kept my straight face on.  We didn't go running last night so I was very restless and irratable.  We walked through the halls and to ours lockers.  Standing there as always was Park Haebin.... and her friend Minhyuk.  I ignore them as always as I put my stuff away in my locker.

As I'm putting my stuff away I hear little bells.  I look over and find that its her laughter.  She catches me starring and gives my a curious look, tilting her head to the side.  I stare at her for a few seconds before turning back to my locker.  When all of us finished we all walked to class.  We took our seats in the back of the room as usual.  I don't know why, but my eyes drift over to were Haebin was sitting.  She was sitting by the window with the light coming in making a halo around her head.  

"Yo, Kris!" someone calls me out from my trance.  I turn to look at my friends.

"What?" I say annoyed.  

"Why are you spacing out today?" Luhan asks.  I shrug and join in on their conversation.  I don't know why I'm suddenly so interested in Park Haebin.  I mean, I only know her from class and from being near her at the lockers.  We continue to talk until the theacher comes in the room.  

"Alright class, we are going to be doing partner projects as your 1st quarter final," he announces.  Groans and squeals can be heard from all around the room.  Mr. Choi slams his books on his desk to get everyone to listen to him.  "Silence!  I will be picking your partners.  Please listen respectively."  He brings out a glass bowl that has slips of paper in it, each containing a name.  I groan thinking about being paired up with a fangirl.  'Oh lord help me.'  

"Chen and Xiumin."  They highfive each other and cheer.  Some of the girls groan.

"Jessica and Amber."  Two girls squeal in happiness.

"Lay and Yoona."  Lay hangs his head low while Luhan pats his back.  

"Luhan and Tao."  I freeze in my spot.  This means I'm going to be paired up with a crazy fangirl.  'Dear lord protect me.'  

"Minhyuk and Sunny."  I turn my head towards Haebin.  She was pouting her lips.  I don't know why, but I felt to urge to touch them.  'Snap out of it Kris!  Stop being such a ert!  You've never taken interest in her before so why start now?' I scold myself.  

All the names are called one after another.  Then it's down to the last four.  Me, Haebin, Crystal, and Ahri.  Two of these girls are grazy fangirls.  

"Kris and Haebin."  He calls out.  'Yes!'

 

 

Your POV

"Alright class, we are going to be doing partner projects are your 1st quarter final."  I groan.  I hated partner projects because usually it ends up with one person doing all the work and the other getting a free grade, and I'm  usually the one who does the work.  

"Silence!  I will be picking your partners.  Please listen respectively."  'Please let me be with someone who will help!'  I close my eyes and cross my fingers.  

"Chen and Xiumin.  Jessica and Amber.  Lay and Yoona.  Luhan and Tao.  Minhyuk and Sunny."  When you hear Minhyuk's name being called you unconsiously pouted.  Names after names were called until there were just four names left in the bowl.  Yours, Ahri, Crystal, and Kris.  You were just hoping you didn't get Kris because, he slightly scares you.  You close your eyes extra tight and pray that your bad luck won't get in the way.

"Kris and Haebin."  You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding.  Your bad luck is like a curse.  You're just hoping that he will at least help you instead of just giving you all the work.  

"Ok class go sit with your partners."  Minhyuk gives you a smile and pat on the head before leaving so go sit with Sunny.  Kris comes and sits next to you and doesn't say a word.  You can feel the dagers the girls in the class are stabing in your back.  

"Sense this school is trying to be multicultural, each group is going to be pick a country to research.  Its first come first serve so pick fast!"  

"Um K-kris-shi, what country do y-you want to do?  You almost smack yourself for stuttering.  

"I don't care," he says coldly.  You gulp.  This is going to be a long class.  

"Um, d-do you mind doing the U-united S-states?"

"Whatever but stop stutering its annoying," he glares at you.  You freeze under his glare.  It scares you half to death.

"Ok!" you squeak.  

"When are you free?"

"This weeked I s-should be free.  I can't really work after school though," this shouldn't be a problem...right?

"Why not?"

"I-Im s-sorry!  It's just that I tutor after school and I can't really just call it off and-" you were rambling when he cut you off.

"It's fine.  So this weekend come to this address."  He hands you a slip of paper before getting up to leave.  'Well that was nerve wraking.'  You can still feel the death glares from all the girls.  You slip the piece of paper in your pocket and get up to tell the teacher what country you will be doing.  After you told him you go back to your seat and start to take notes on the United States.  You were working alone silently when someone sits next to you.  It was Kris!  You stare at him wondering why he's over here with you when he is supposed to be by his friends.  

"Quit staring and take notes," he say keeping his eyes on the paper.  You jump slightly before going back to taking notes.  

While you're taking notes he looks over at you.  'She doesn't treat me like the other girls.  She seems scared of me.'  He doesn't know why but this though makes him feel sad.  He continues to stare at you.  'She's really pretty.  Why haven't I noticed her before?'  Right them you turn your head to him and catch him staring.  Clearing your through you continue to take notes silently.  He didn't miss the slight pink on your cheeks though.  Chuckling silently he turns back to taking his own notes.  

The rest of class went on like this.  Silently taking note together and girls glaring hole through your back.  It was an hour till school was over and you've been taking notes sense you came to school.  You yawned and streched.  

"Tired?" a voice calls out to you.  You look to your side and see that Kris is looking at you, waiting for an answer.

"Just a bit.  What about you?  Does your hand hurt?"  You thought this was going to be one of those projects were you do all the work but surprisingly, Kris has been taking notes this whole time with you.  

"Just a bit," he copies your answer.  "Have you found anything interesting yet?"

"Um yeah I found some stuff on their agriculture and their work rates that are interesting," you say looking back at your notes.  He nods his head.  It gets awkwardly quiet.  You stretch one more time before getting back to writing notes.  

 

After the bell wrang you did what you normally did.  You tutored Myungsoo in science today instead of literature though.  On your way home, it was slightly foggy.  You were walking down the same muddy trail.  You had this weird feeling someone was watching you.  You hugged your cloak closer to your body.  

"Don't worry, you'll be home soon.  It's just your imagination," you told yourself.  Then you hear howling.  You froze in your spot.  

"No....no more howling."  You ran.  More howling.  You started crying.  

"No!"  Tears blocked your vision.  You stumbled and fell.  It was to much to take.  The memory of your parents kept replaying in your mind right before your eyes.  You couldn't take it.  It was too much.  You passed out.  Replays of that memory kept going.  You cried in your sleep.  Your red cloak drapping over your body.  

 

 

---------------------------------------

Comments are loved ^^  Hello new subscribers