Eavesdropping

Little Red

 

You woke up to darkness.  At first you were afraid something happened to you again but when you looked around, you realized you were in a familiar room.  Jumping off the bed and scampering towards the door, you quickly rushed out of the darkness and into the light.  Your eyes took some time to adjust to the light difference but when they did you recognized that you were at Kris’ house. 

You walked down the familiar hallway towards the sound of faint voices.  As you got closer to the living room the volume of the voices raised.  Instead of entering the room though, you decided to listen in on their conversation.  You tiptoed as close as you dared and pressed yourself against the wall.

 

“What do you think of her reaction towards the crazy chic?”  Xiumin was confused at why you acted like that.  Any other person would want pain to be brought on the person who did something like that to them, but you?  You showed the girl mercy.  You even tried to comfort her and apologized to her when it wasn’t your place to. 

“It wasn’t what I expected.  I wonder what made her act like that?”  Tao had been thinking about ever sense it happened.  After you touched his arm, he saw you in a new light.  He had always liked you to some extent, but he always saw you as a caring girl who depended on others.  But that isn’t the case, not really.  You were strong enough to put aside what that girl had done to you to make him stop; you had even comforted the girl.  He didn’t know it, but he had fallen even more for you. 

“She’s just that kind of girl,” Kris said with a soft smile on his face.  He always knew you had a kind heart, he just didn’t know how far your kindness went.  He smiled at the fact that you were the person he thought you were, not some two faced person.  He knew that his feelings for you weren’t in vain any more.  He couldn’t ignore you anymore.  It might only be a slight attraction, but there was something there.

“It’s all my fault.”  If Chen hadn’t been so touchy feely with you, this never would’ve happened.  You would’ve never had gotten hurt.  He blames all of this on himself.  Chen held his head in the palms of his hands while staring down into the ground thinking over everything.  He replayed the scene in his head where you had coughed up blood.  He flinched as he remembered how vulnerable you looked.  ‘It’s all my fault.’  Sighing he fell into deeper despair. 

“It’s not your fault.  It’s her own fault for getting caught up with s anyways.”  Luhan didn’t want to admit it.  He was worried over you.  When you had collapsed in his arms it was like his heart stopped.  He went into panic mode and he practically went mad.  He wouldn’t let you go until Lay had healed you and even then he was set on carrying you back.  He carried you all the way to their house and personally placed you in Kris’ room before making sure you were covered.  It was driving him crazy and he blamed all of this on you.  ‘What the heck is with my heart?  I shouldn’t care about her!’

 

It hurt when you heard Luhan’s statement.  It wasn’t the fact that he was the one who said it, it was the fact that it was true.  You were being a burden to them and it was your fault.  Sighing dejectedly you turned around only to bump your nose into something hard.  Scrunching up your nose and rubbing it you looked up to see what you ran into.  You met eyes with the concerned face of Lay.  Your eyes widened a bit before you scrambled up to your feet and bowed to him.

“I’m so sorry!  I wasn’t watching where I was going!”  The commotion caught the attention of the others and they soon all got up and walked towards the hallway.

Lay was worried.  He was walking to the living room when he saw you standing there with a hurt expression, as you seemed to be eavesdropping on the others conversation.  Looking past that you were eavesdropping, he was worried that they said something that had hurt your feelings.

“Where you eavesdropping?!”  Luhan didn’t mean to sound so harsh but that’s just how it came out.  He wasn’t actually mad that you were listening he was mad at himself for what he said and what you had most likely heard.  ‘Luhan you babo!  She heard what you said!’

“I-I…” you didn’t know what to say.  You were caught in the act and now all of them were staring at you.  Instead of apologizing like a normal person you decided to do something stupid. 

“I… Have to go!” you say quickly.  You rush past them and towards the door.  You find your shoes placed neatly by the entrance and quickly put them on. 

“Thank you!” you yell out quickly before rushing into the darkness.  You ran as fast as you could away from the house.  It wasn’t the best idea but it was the only idea you had at the time.  You ran blindly down the path through the forest.  The moon was your only source of light that lite the pathway. 

 

Exo-M just stood there for a while.  Kris was the first one to snap out of his trance.  He quickly acted after he snapped out of it and made a dash towards the door.  He hurriedly put on his shoes and followed your lead into the darkness.  He wanted to make sure you were all right after what had happened. 

 

You continued running down the path when you heard the sound of footsteps behind you.  Frightened you started running even faster.  Your eyes were wide with alarm and the hair on the back of your neck stood up straight.  When the person grabbed you from behind you let out a scream.

“SHHHHH!  Calm down, it’s just me,” a low husky voice whispered in your ear.  You could recognize that voice anywhere.  It was Kris. 

You stopped struggling and he turned you around to face him.  When you saw him your breath caught in your throat.  He looked extremely attractive with his golden locks shading over his eyes and the moonlight casting a glow around his face, emphasizing his sharp eyes.

What Kris saw made his body stiffen.  You looked beautiful with the moon making your eyes sparkle.  Your wavy chestnut hair framed softly framed your face and your cheeks were flushed a faint pink.  His eyes traveled over your face where they stopped at your pink kissable lips.  He had the strange urge to just kiss you right then and there.  Kris was shocked with himself.  Did he really think that?   ‘What are you thinking Kris?  Get your head on straight!’ 

“Um Kris?”  Your melodious voice brought him out of his thoughts.  He was still holding you close to him, so close that he could feel your breath ghost across his face.  He looked deeply into your eyes trying to figure out what he was feeling.  He’s never felt this way before, but he strangely like it.  He liked the feeling of butterflies fluttering in his stomach and the odd warmth that rushed over him when he saw you.

Kris seemed to have drowned you in his eyes.  You couldn’t get yourself to look away as he peered intensely into your own.  It was like he was looking into your soul, trying to read you from the inside out.  He hugged you even closer to your body extinguishing any space that was left between the two of you.  Now you guys were pressed up against each other and you could feel his solid chest push against yours.  You finally came back to your senses when he closed his eyes and started to lean down.

Panic.  That was the only thing you felt.  He was practically a stranger to you and he was about to steal your first kiss!  Just the other day you were afraid of this tall giant.  Out of shear panic you pushed him away right before his lips touched yours.

Startled Kris stumbled back a couple steps before looking back at you wide eyed.  You were standing there with your arms wrapped securely around your petit body.  You stared at him with scared wide eyes.  ‘Shoot Kris look at what you’ve done!  Think of something fast!’

“Um… Kris-shi why did you try to k-k-kiss m-me?”  You were still distraught and your voice shock as you stared at the man in front of you.  He looked at you with an emotionless face that made you cringe. 

“Kiss you?  I was going to blow an eyelash off you cheek.  Don’t be so full of yourself,” he said with an ice-cold voice.  He regretted his words right as they left his mouth, though.  He saw the flash of hurt that spread across your face.  The way you looked at him changed.  You had just started warming up to him but your face morphed back into the face he saw before he got to know you.  Cold. 

Did he really just say that?  You thought that he was a nice guy after you got to know him a little better but you guess you were wrong.  It hurt what he said.  You took it to heart even though you knew you shouldn’t. 

“I’m sorry Kris-shi, I will be going now.”  You turn sharply on your heal before walking away from Kris.  It took all you will power not to cry.  His words stung your heart and as soon as you were a good distance away from him you ran. 

 


“Damn Kris you’re an idiot.”  He saw the tears in your eyes as you turned away from him.  He could hear your hurried footsteps as you ran away from him.  He was stupid.  He had the urge to follow you but if you caught him, how would he explain himself?  He never got to actually get to see if you were ok like he was suppose to.  Instead he had to go and try to kiss you like a fool.  Sighing he turned at his heal and started walking back to his house.  But before he did, he howled into the moon. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is late... again ><  

Comments are loved < 3