Alone

Little Red

 

“Hey where’s Haebin?”  Kris had just come downstairs and into the living room.  The rest of Exo-M was already lying around, waiting for it to get dark. 

“She fell asleep so she’s in my room.”  Kris looked towards the hallway were only a door was separating you from the rest of them. 

“She’s in your room?  Why didn’t you just wake her up and send her home?”  Chen knew he was pushing his limits but he was having too much fun teasing the older.  Kris just rolled his eyes his way before going over to the windows.  It was almost dark out.  The beast within him was scratching to come out.  With each passing minute it become more uncomfortable to stay in this form. 

“Time to go.”  Exo-M all walked outside and deep into the woods were no one could find them.  They’re, they took of their clothes and folded them before they started to shift. 

Their pupils dilated and turned a vibrant yellow.  Their bones stretched and grew.  Their skin turned a sick color and their faces grew snouts.  They lost all humanity.  When the transformation was complete they howled loudly into the night.  They couldn’t think.  The only thing on their mind was to run and ripe to shreds anything that came in their way.  They howled once more before they all ran into the woods.

 

 

You startled awake to the sound of howling.  Your eyes were wide as you looked around the room.  You didn’t have a clue where you were.  Cautiously you stepped off the bed and walked towards the door.  Soundlessly you opened it and stepped out into the hallway.  Then you recognized where you were.  You were still at Kris’s house.  But where was everyone?

“Hello?”  Your voice seemed to echo down the hallways.  It was like the house was empty.  The glass windows allowed the moon to shine brightly into the living room casting shadows all around.  You shuffled your way towards the couch and sat there.  You hugged your knees to your chest and sat there in the darkness.  You tried not to think about all the howling you heard from the woods.  You tried to block out the memories of that night.  You tried to be strong.  You sat alone.

 

 

 

Everyone was still out running.  Tao on the other hand, had just transformed after running through the woods.  Like always, after he transformed everything was blurry.  He quickly got dressed and stated his walk home.  He was tired from running for so long and wanted to get some sleep before sunrise.  He continued his way through the forest before he saw the house.  As he walked through the door, the strong sent of honeysuckle greeted him.  He followed the hypnotizing sent into the living room.  Sitting on the couch, you were curled up into a ball.  He stepped closer to you to get a better look when your head turned towards me.  Your eyes glistened with tears.

 

 

You were still sitting alone when you heard noises behind you.  You flung your head in that direction.  Standing there was Tao.  He still had this fierce look but when you looked into his eyes there was something more.  Curiosity? 

“Oh.  It’s you,” you whisper out.  Honestly you were glad that someone else was here because you were scared out of your mind.  He didn’t answer you.  Instead he stepped closer to you.  He was standing in front of you when he reached his hand out.  His soft hand came in contact with your cheek, wiping something away.  That’s when you noticed it.  You were crying.  Your eyes widened with realization and you quickly used the palms of your hands to wipe the remaining tears away. 

“T-thank you T-Tao-shi.”  Soon the both of you were draped with a deafening silence.  You sat there with him standing in front of you.  He was staring down at you.  ‘Why was she crying?  Why did we leave her alone.’  Finally you stood up.

“I think I better go.  Could you please tell Kris-shi that I’m sorry for any trouble I might have caused?”  You started your way towards the door when something was holding you back.  You turned back to look at Tao straight in the eyes. 

“Don’t leave.”  He pulled you towards the coach and you ended up sitting uncomfortably close to him.  He on the other hand wished you were closer.  ‘She is so delicate.  I feel like I might brake her if I hold her too long.’ 

“Tao-shi I have to get home,” you struggled in his grasp.  He just held on tighter. 

“It’s not safe to go out in the woods at this time of night.”  He wasn’t lying.  It was actually really dangerous to be out walking around when they have transformed.  When they transformed, they weren’t human.  They handed themselves over to the animal that lived inside them.  They couldn’t control themselves.  They were only slightly aware of what they were doing and when they were back in their human form, they could barely remember what they did the night before.  The only time they had clear memories was when they attacked a house in their beastly form. 

You finally stopped but you did reposition yourself so you were more comfortably seated.  Silence greeted the both of you once again.  It was slightly awkward for you because he hand this iron grip on your wrist still. 

“Um Tao-shi?  Could you maybe let go?”  He swiftly lets go and you can see a faint pink ring forming around your wrist. 

“Sorry.”  Tao hated apologizing but when he saw what he did it just came out.  ‘Why am I apologizing to her?’ 

“It’s ok.”  You give him a small smile.  Maybe Tao wasn’t so bad.  Tao froze in place when he saw your smile.  It made his heart do something funny.  He brought his hand up to his chest.  ‘What is this?’

“So Tao-shi, where are the others?”  You were wondering were everyone went and why they left you alone.

“Out.”  ‘She can’t know.  No one can know.’ 

“Oh.”  Silence.  “Tao-shi do you mind if I go upstairs to the hand out room?”  You were hoping that you could get your hands on the guitar again to distract you.  He shakes his head.  You lift yourself off the couch and make your way towards the stares.  You enter the room again and find the guitar right where you left it.  You picked it up and started to strum the strings.  The sound resonated throughout the room.  You closed your eyes and started to play. 

Tao had followed you up the stares.  He wanted to hear you play again but he would never admit it.  He watched you from the doorway.  He watched how you delicately plucked the strings of the guitar.  He watched how your eyes closed at you played the beautiful notes.  Again he got this weird feeling in his chest. 

 

You were playing the last piece your dad taught you.  The memories were flashing through your head.  You remembered how his big hands would cover your small ones as he showed you the notes.  He would have you sitting on his lap because the guitar was too big for you to hold alone.  He would always tickle you when you played the right notes and he would always be patient with you.  He was your best friend.  Even back then you were an outcast.  Kids thought you were weird for living in the woods.  Back then you didn’t have Minhyuk to be there for you.  You had your dad.  He was your super hero.  You even called him your Hero appa.  Even after he had a long day at work he would play with you.  When you were hurt he let you cry in his arms.  He would then spoil you to ice cream.  The last time you saw him was when you were crying because you didn’t want to go to school alone. 

He let you cry and eat ice cream like always.  But he made a special promise to you that day. 

 

“Haebin, Hero appa wants you to go to school and make lots of new friends.  Appa will be right here waiting for you when you come home.  I promise.  So can you be a big girl and go to school?”  You nodded your small head and wrapped your small arms around his neck.  He chuckled and threw you in the air.  You laughed and giggled with your dad. 

 

That was the last time you saw him.  The last promise you made.  The last promise you broke.  You didn’t know it, but tears where already streaming down your face.  You might have not noticed, but someone did.  You were startled when a cold hand touched your face.  You opened your eyes and stared right into deep brown eyes.  It was Tao.  He was standing in front of you wiping away your tears.  How many times have you cried alone?  How many times have you replayed those memories? 

How long has it been sense you’ve had someone there for you?  Tao didn’t know these answers but he didn’t want it to go on any longer.  It pained him to see those salty tears mark your face.  He gets that hollow pain in his chest.  He doesn’t understand why but he feels the urge to protect you.  And he will do just that. 

“Don’t cry.”  His voice is soft not like when he yells at school.  He whole personality seemed to change.  He was usual cold and distant.  Right now he was caring and sweet.  Now that you look at him now you can’t remember why you were scared of him in the first place.  You stopped playing the guitar.  Right now it felt so heavy in your hands.  Tao took it from you and placed it down gently.  He gently grabbed your hand and led you out of the room.  He led you back into the living room and to the couch.  He told you to sit down and wait.  He disappeared and left you alone.  You sat there in the dark looking at the moon.  He came back with a blanket that he draped over your shoulders. 

“Go to sleep.”  He made you lay your head on his shoulder.  At first you were tense but then you started to calm down.  His shoulder was actually really comfortable.  You repositioned yourself and you slowly started to fall asleep.

 

You were lying on his shoulder fast asleep.  He watched you.  The way you took in even breaths.  The way the moon casted shadows down your face.  How your pink lips parted slightly as you breathed.  You were beautiful.  He might know it himself, but he’s always watched you.  He took notice of you the first day of high school.  When everyone was introducing themselves as freshmen.  You were the only girl that stood out to him.  So he unconsciously always kept tabs on you.  You were always in the back of his mind.  He watched you silently.  He never said anything to his friends.  He just watched you from the shadows.  He wouldn’t call it stalking.  It was more observing.  He would take notice on how you always space out during class and how you got excited over music.  You wouldn’t do anything to hurt someone else.  You have a kind heart.  You were different.  He continued to watch you.  Soon, he too was welcomed into the land of dreams.

 

 

------------------------

Can you figure out who her dad is?  Hint- He is a famous idol ;)  

Tell me who you think in the comments!

Song - River Flow In You by Yiruma played by Sungha Jung <3