Living Nightmares & Golden Opportunities

Little Red

Days went by and you hadn’t talked to anyone in Exo-M.  They made attempts to talk to you, but you always hung around Minhyuk and his friends now and they weren’t very welcoming.  Whenever Exo-M tried to approach you they would always glare and throw snarky comments towards them.

You felt somewhat guilty for the way they were acting but you didn’t need another incident like the last time to reoccur.  

Today was like any other day.  You had met up with Minhyuk by the gates and together you both walked in with arms linked. 

The two of you laughed and smiled while walking towards your locker to gather your books that you needed for your first class.

As you were walking down the hallway, you were met with Hyunsik and Peniel.

“Hey guys.”  You gave them a smile and a wave.  As all of you had been hanging around each other more often, you had grown close to all of them but mostly Hyunsik and Peniel. 

“Hello Haebin.”

“Hey Babe.”  Ever sense that one day before school when you all hung out together Babe has become his permanent nickname for you. 

He’s been calling you this for the past couple of days and you finally have a control over your blush, somewhat.

Peniel gave you a shy smile and a wave while the more courageous and idiotic Hyunsik came over and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

This you were not used to.  You blushed so hard that you swore anyone who looked at you would think you were a tomato. 

Hyunsik smiled to himself seeing the kind of reaction he could get out of you.  Seeing you so flustered just because he wrapped his arm around you was a promising sign. 

The three boys walked you in while picking on you because of your obvious blush caused by Hyunsik.  Well, it was more Peniel and Hyunsik picking on you while Minhyuk tried to pry away Hyunsik’s arm from around your shoulder. 

 

A little further away from the smiling bunch, Exo-M had watched the way Hyunsik had wrapped his arm around you and the way you blushed.  To say they were mad was an understatement.  Jealousy radiated off their skin, even a blind man could see it. 

“Those stupid humans keeping me away from Haebin.”  Tao had been in a foul mood ever sense the big blow up a few days ago.  He hadn’t been able to say a single word to you or check on you to see if you were ok. 

It seemed like you had blocked out all of them out of your life, wanting nothing to do with them.  If things were bad before the accident than this was horrible.

“Let’s go.”  Kris had become dejected.  He missed talking to you, as strange as it sounds.  He usually doesn’t like to waste his time to pity words but he missed hearing your soft voice.  It wasn’t annoyingly high pitched and it wasn’t laced with fake aegyo, it was soft and smooth.  The thing he missed most of all though, was your tinkling laughter.  It did sound like bells at times but sometimes he saw you laugh so hard you snorted a bit, but he found that absolutely adorable. 

Exo-M trailed a little farther behind you but before they could make another attempt in talking to you girls with their annoying voices and grotesque smell surrounded them making it impossible for you to hear them above all the noise. 

They watched your body grew smaller and smaller as you walked away from them with other men. 

 

Classes went by in a breeze and soon it was time for lunch.  As soon as the bell rang, you gathered you stuff and together with Minhyuk you both went out of the classroom. 

The two of you joked down the hallway and waited by the backdoor of the school, waiting for the rest of the guys. 

“Hey Babe.”  Hearing the all to familiar nickname you turn around and are met with a smiling Hyunsik and Peniel.  It was like those two were always together.

“Hi Hyunsik, hey Peniel!”  You gave them each a smile before looking behind them to see if the rest of the guys were near. 

“They’re not here, actually I think they might be already outside waiting.” 

“Oh, okay then let’s go.”  Together, you all walked outside the school to the garden that many students over looked. 

It was actually quite beautiful.  It had several cherry blossom trees and numerous amounts of various flowers.  The aroma of the freesias and sweet peas invaded your senses and painted a beautiful picture of vibrant colors in your mind.  Wanting to get the full affect, you closed off your mind and took in a beauty that surrounded you.

I doesn’t matter that you ate outside in the garden almost every day, the serenity captivated you every time.

With a smile on your face, you rushed towards the open grassy space were the rest of the boys were sitting, waiting for you.

Minhyuk chuckled seeing your goofy self, running towards them with a smile on your face.  He never wanted to see the face of the broken girl he saw days ago.  He will never let anything harm you again.

You had plopped yourself on Minhyuk’s lap, a common occurrence, and grabbed the sandwich he handed you and took a big bite out of it. 

The lot of you all played around and ate your lunch.  Laughter and jokes were tossed between the group of friends, not a care in the world. 

 

The moment was picture perfect, a beautiful sunny day in an equally beautiful garden.  An amazing lunch shared between a close group of friends that shared jokes and past stories, picturesque to say the least. 

At least to them it was picture perfect but to the group of boys who were watching from the rooftop, it was a true nightmare. 

Exo-M watched you everyday, and everyday their bodies would rage with jealousy.  It was pure torture to watch you smile at someone they weren’t or laugh at a joke they didn’t tell, but they couldn’t stop watching because the thought of you alone with a group of boys was enough to make their blood boil and make their skin crawl. 

So everyday at lunchtime they would attribute themselves to a living nightmare and every day they would let jealousy rake through their bodies’ as they watched you from afar. 

It didn’t help that the boys who were constantly around you wouldn’t let them go anywhere near you without letting their distain for their presence known to the whole world.

At this moment Kris, Luhan, Tao, Lay and Xiumin watched with scowls on their handsome faces while Chen stared out into space subconsciously eating his bland lunch of a dry sandwich and crackers. 

“I hate this so much.”  You could literally hear the malice Luhan had towards the boys when he spoke.  He had a grip on the railing around the rooftop so hard his knuckles were white. 

“I hate them.”  Tao wasn’t any better then Luhan.  Usually he was introverted and didn’t really share or show his feelings but his whole posture screamed jealousy.  His eyes were trained solely on your figure and they were soft until he saw one of your friends rap his arm around your shoulder.  His stance turned rigid and his hands formed fists while he gritted his teeth. 

Kris just simply sighed while his friends went on and one about how much they hated the human boys.  Sure he was jealous but he wasn’t going to let that take over his maturity.  He simply watched you with longing eyes.

Oh how much he wished he could go back to the time were you both worked on the project together.  Seeing you work silently without the look of vulnerability and fear clouding your eyes was something he would give anything to do again. 

He just wanted to mend the broken relationship between you and him but it wasn’t that simply.  He always noticed how you wouldn’t ever look him in the eyes anymore and you would always nervously wring your hands when they were around.  This went as far as turning around in the hallway to avoid them if you were alone. 

Kris might seem like a cold arrogant guy but really he was just quiet and didn’t know how to express himself.  You were the first to see this.  You didn’t freak out over him and treated him like a normal person and in return he acted naturally with you.  Heck, he ever laughed in front of you.  Now, he wanted things to be simple again, he wanted to laugh with you again.

 

You never seemed to notice them even while they were burning holes into your back but that didn’t mean the boys didn’t notice.

It would take a gullible person to not notice Exo-M on the rooftop watching you everyday and they made it their mission to make them as jealous as possible. 

Of course none of their actions were ill minded, they really did see you as a friend, but being able to tick off the kinkgas of the school was an added bonus. 

All of you hung out a bit more before the shrill ring of the bell interrupted your time.  Minhyuk offered his hand to you and you gladly accepted it.

He gave your hand a tug and up you went straight into his chest.  It would’ve made you uncomfortable if it was another guy but this was your best friend, you simply smiled up at him and gently pushed yourself away.

As you turned around to bid goodbye to the rest of the guys Hyunsik came to your side and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, laughing as your face turned red. 

The boys continued to pick on your as you all entered the school building.  Playful pushing and name calling was tossed back and forth between friends as they walked you and Minhyuk to your classroom. 

You bid them goodbye before Minhyuk took your hand in his and led you into the room. 

 

It was a normal occurrence for you and Minhyuk to enter the room with hands intertwined but each and every time Exo-M felt their eyes zero in on your hands and let out low growls.  It made their blood boil and their teeth grind. 

Eyes strained on the two of you, they followed your every move from the moment you stepped into the room.

They didn’t even pay attention to Mr. Choi as he taught mathematics. 
 

As the day came to an end the whole class was antsy, waiting for their saving bell to be off and out in the free world and away from the hell they all knew as school.  Mr. Choi had given up teaching for the rest of the day when he realized the nothing he said would be heard over the students.

You and Minhyuk stayed in your seats like good students still, only you were staring out the window once again and Minhyuk was intently watching your face and rubbing your back. 

The silence was comforting and normal for the two of you.  You weren’t the type of friends who had to be talking every minute of every moment you were together, you were content with just being near each other. 

When the bell finally did ring, everybody rushed out of their seats excited for the taste of freedom. 

Instead of rushing out of the classroom like everybody else though, you took your sweet time packing up and actually waited for everyone else to leave first. 

But as you walked out of the door you were called right back in by your teacher.

“Haebin!  Could you stay back for a second?  Same with you Lay.” 

The mention of one of the popular boys in your school made your blood run cold.  Now you were sure you did something in your past life that made life hate you.

“Y-yes teacher nim.”  You sent Minhyuk a small smile signaling you were okay and let go of his hand before taking a step back inside the classroom.  You were about to fully enter when you were pulled back again by your best friend.

“I’ll wait outside by the front gate for you.”  With a smile he waved goodbye and started walking down the halls that led to the front of the school.

You quickly took in a giant gulp of air before emerging inside the classroom to face your teacher and an unwanted face. 

 

Lay stood in front of the teacher’s desk waiting for you to return to the room.  He didn’t miss the little goodbye scene between you and Minhyuk and he felt his heart hurt.  Were you too just friends?  Or was there something more? 

He watched as you slowly made your way towards them, you seemed very unwilling to be here and looked as if you would rather be anywhere but here.  Your steppes were slow and you seemed to drag your feet as you went.  It didn’t help that you kept your eyes focused on the floor and didn’t even spare him a glance when you faced upward at the teacher.

Mr. Choi seemed oblivious to the tension between the two of you and went right in to explaining why he needed the two of you.

“So next week the school is having many inspectors from across the country come inspect and observe our school and how we run things.  To try to show case the talents of the students, the teachers were asked to pick out there top students, one male and one female, to showcase and represent our school in a performance for the inspectors.   Now I had picked the two of you because for one thing, I hear the both of you can play the guitar, secondly, because I believe that Lay here can teach you, Haebin, a routine to show how well rounded the two of you are.  You both have before the showcase next week on Friday to put together something to show.  This isn’t a favor, this is part of your grade.  It will go on your arts grade and you will both be exempt from your midterms for this area.  That is all now you may leave.”

Mr. Choi exited the room leaving only you and Lay together, alone.  The silence was deafening and extremely awkward for the both of you.

“So um…”  You never completed the sentence and it trailed off as you tried to fill the void the silence created.

Lay found this situation as a blessing.  He finally had the opportunity to repair the broken bridge that was your relationship and maybe he could help you warm back up to his brothers, only if he felt like sharing you that is.

 

 



Hello~

It’s been a while hasn’t it?  I hope I haven’t made you all wait to long but I know I’ve been a bad author about updating.

I won’t tell you guys why just yet, but in time I will tell you.

I myself am still waiting for an answer to give you. 

All I will tell you is that I’m sorry and that I’m hoping to be able to continue updating and writing.

Until then next update,

Bye~