Chapter 4

To be continued...

EDITED!!! 


 

 
(Continuation from chapter 1)
 
 
 
“.. Do you perhaps want to go on a date with me?”
 
“You like me?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Why?” Sungjong asked, Myungsoo seemed to be taken aback by my question.
 
“Why would you be interested in me? We have been at other's throats the day we met, why now?” He continued with a stoic face as he watched the taller male's reaction, but on the inside he felt a crack in his heart. 
 
 
Sungjong didn't know how to feel about this, it's Myungsoo and for all he knows it might be a stupid little bet to see if Sungjong would crack.
 
“Because you… you remind me of a friend I have when was little, the eyes, and the smile resembled you.” Myungsoo responded as he took a step closer, he cupped Sungjong cheeks as he brought their lips inches closer. Sungjong tried not to give in as he pulled away from the inviting touch.
 
“So you’re saying is that I’m a second choice, that I’m just someone that else that looks like the person you actually like. Is that it, am I just going to be someone that reminds you of your first love …?” The younger said and immediately tried to wipe the tears forming before they fall. This isn't happening, not again.
 
Myungsoo took carefull steps this time as to not scare the trembling boy away, he leaned closer. Sungjong closed his eyes, expecting kiss but felt nothing against his lips. He looked up and saw the soft brown eyes looking directly at his, a warm feeling washing over him as the look of sincerity hit him. Sungjong tried to pull away, but felt himself pessed up against Myungsoo.
 
“Idiot, that friend was you, see your house used to be where I lived until I moved. Remember, I was at the playground and you came over and introduced yourself...” He said while chuckling and leaned in to whisper, “Hi, I’m Kim Myungsoo and I think I'm in love with you.”
 
Silence ensued them, finding comfort in each other.
 
"I won't force you to become mine but I will try to win your heart, I'll walk you home it's getting dark." With final words, they walked in silence all the way to Sungjong's house.
 
 
 
Sungyeol sat in his room, revising his play for flaws when he heard the door open and close with a back. Rehearsals were cut short due to the female lead leaving early and everyone pretty much slacking off. 
 
Sungyeol shivered, afraid of an angry Sungjong. Thank goodness he arrived early after getting a ride from one of his buddies, he was able to put away anything that seemed like a weapon of choice frim the kitchen. The first place Sungjong would usually head to after school. 
 
“HYUNG~WHERE ARE MY LEMON CANDIES?” The elder heard Sungjong yell, he wondered when he will be greeted with a ‘I’m back’ or ‘sorry I’m back late.' He sighed.
 
“YOU FINISHED THEM YESTERDAY!” Sungyeol shouts back only to get a groan in response.
 
He heard his door swing open and turned to see Sungjong barging inside his room with a somewhat annoyed expression.
 
“Seriously you need to buy them every time we run out.”
 
“Excuse me but I’m not the one that is obsessed with lemon candies, you buy them.”
 
"I can't."
 
"Yes you can, you're old enough." The brothers bickered back and forth, occasionally insulting each other's taste in food, you know the usual. Suddenly Sungjong stood with a shocked appearance.
 
“What kind of hyung are you? Making your dongsaeng go out into the world full of es, stalkers and criminals. Am I that unimportant to you that I have to buy my own lemon candies and at night too? Shame hyung, shame.” Sungjong tsked and made his way back to the bed and plopped down with a pout. In the end, there has to be a winner.
 
 
 
 
****
 
 
 
The brothers walked to the Supermarket and with a whining Sungjong along, it is probably the longest walk Sungyeol has ever had with him and the supermarket they go to is like fifteen or so blocks away, plus they go to the market alot. They are growing boys after all.
 
 Sungyeol smirked as he looked over at his brother, now you know how I feel. Sungyeol thought to himself.
 
The elder sighed as Sungjong continued to complained about how cold it is starting to be. Who could blame him though, it’s like the end of November.
 
In the end, Sungjong had convinced Sungyeol to go with him. Although the latter argued that unless Sungjong goes he will go, because what if he encountered those criminals. At first Sungjong's comment was, 'Better you than me.' Eventually they both decided to go together and just buy the ingredients for their dinner.
 
 
 
As they entered the Supermarket, Sungjong immediately dragged Sungyeol to the candies section and took three bags of lemon candies. Sungyeol sighed and decided to finally take the hyung role and buy groceries just for a change. Don’t judge him, it was one time, one time that our dear Sungyeol bought only coffee…
 
Ok fine 5 cans of coffee and salt but in his defense they really needed salt, though he was supposed to buy fruits and vegetables— They can buy that anytime but nooo~ apparently when you go to the grocery store you need to buy healthy essential foods too, pfft maybe next time you wouldn't leave me with this tasks if you actually want food. The taller thought.
 
 
 
 
****
 
 
 
 
After grocery shopping, Sungjong prepared thier dinner and conversed about our day.
 
To Sungyeol, his little bother is the only one he has left after their parents went to America to manage one of their hotel branch while their older sister is in Japan managing the other branch there. Although they come from a well off family, the boys' parents decided to buy a smaller house in view of the fact that an apartment for the boys would leave them no room for visitation. Also their mother really liked the neighborhood.
 
“So why were you late today? If I remember correctly, rehearsal was cut short because one of our lead just left.” Sungyeol started, looking across the island towards Sungjong who happily ate his dinner.
 
“Oh yeah, someone asked me out today.” The clang of Sungyeol's fork caused Sungjong to look up from his dinner. Sungyeol stood up, an angry aura surrounded the kitchen. How can Sungjong sound so casual over something like this, Sungyeol cleared his throat and resonded nicely.
 
“WHAT!!! Alright who do I have to have a ‘little chat’ with?” Expressed the taller. Doesn't Sungjong remember the whole situation that happened like 2 years ago? Sungyeol is going to prevent another heartbreak and this time he will surely promise to teach this guy a lesson.
 
Sungjong looked up at his brother and took a piece of kimchi, chewing for a while and then responded. 
 
“Kim Myungsoo